Calling out all McCareins haters.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm amazed at how everybody forgets how good he was in Tennessee with a good QB throwing to him and a good offense around him. That's why we wanted him. He's still the same player which says it all about who is throwing to him now.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right, he's still the same #3 wideout that played in Tennessee.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was a number 2 there, wasn't he?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nope, a #3 wideout that had not lived up to his potential. Not that I think Herm's atmosphere did much to bring out his full potential, but there's only so many times I can watch him loping across the LOS like a wounded giraffe before I get annoyed.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think it's weak that he's saying nice things, I think it's weak you're "calling out" jmac haters because he's said those things. Tank Johnson said some nice things when he got out of prison. All I'm saying is that saying something and backing up what you say are two different things.

again, saying something and doing it are 2 different things. Like I said I have no real problem with jmac as a #3 receiver. As far as Brad Smith being a "1 trick pony", I think that's an unfair statement. He helped us as a receiver, running back, qb (qb sneaks), special teams, trick plays, and as a decoy last year. I think he is an extremely valuable player to our team and will continue to grow as a receiver and become even more valuable. Is he as good of a receiver of jmac? Not yet, he just started learning the position last year. I do think he has the potential to be better.

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I've made my feelings on J-Slack known:

B reak
    O ut
    O ffseason
    !

On a side note, Tangini is smart enough to drum up the asking price if that's what it takes to get value, or he's just being consistent...calling him out when slacking, and praising when working hard.

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Nice guy, no one's disputing that, BUT:

-Consistently rounds off his routes
    -Loses speed in and out of his breaks
    -Shows a complete inability to adjust to the ball in flight.
    -Classic body catcher, shows an inability to extend his arms, often eliminating any advantage he might have over smaller corners.

The problem essentially is that McCareins is has he has always been- an athlete playing football. He's not a football player in the sense that Cotchery and Coles are, and it's discouraging that he has yet to overcome these obvious flaws in his game.

-X-

8. baamf

baamf Active Member

I think Stuckey is going to surprise more people at the WR position this year than McCareins. But who knows, I've been wrong before....

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The Titans had a number of good WR's that year and really didn't have a clear#2/#3... Jmac WAS their 2nd leading WR on the team though.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It tells you everything you need to know. Don't forget about Santana Moss. He is much better now as well

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

X nailed this one. J-Mac is an excellent athlete, and with that comes a great work ethic. He's always going to look like a stud in camp, but the guy has flaws in his game. He made some awesome grabs down the stretch in 2004, including the playoffs, but he lacks full season consistancy.

Make no mistake... Cotch will be the #1 WR on the depth chart within the near future, whether Coles is still here or not. Stuckey and Smith will be fighting over the #3 spot for the next 2-3 years, so J-Mac better make Coles expendable, or take a pay cut and be happy as the #4 option.

Does he even play special teams?

12. CuseMO57

CuseMO57 New Member

I wouldn't say moss is much better now, he had a very down year last year and who is his competition on the skins? Randle-El? and who is his better QB there? he was behind coles and wayne on the Jets, that's the only reason for the better #s now.

and Justin is just not THAT good. he is good but was never worth the second-round pick that they traded for him.

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

JMac is fine for our 3rd WR, no problem with him staying there.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Correct and he is , thus far. How many players in TC? And JMac is honoured with the accolade of best performance (or whatever) at TC.
    Like I said before , either Mangini is putting him in the shop window or somethings clicked.

I don't want this to tail off into Brad Smith , but I would like Smithy to focus on one position and get better at it rather than being master of none.

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Haha, great avi man...haven't seen good 'ol vinny around here since he signed with the pats...make sure your door's locked at night:wink:

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

They are just trying to turn this thread into a Chad sucks thread. They can't breathe without seething hate for Penny. :breakdance:

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I wouldn't read too much into the training camp honors, especially since jmac is known for being a practice hero. I'm talking about in real NFL games in the regular and/or post season.

18. CuseMO57

CuseMO57 New Member

it seems like everythign turns into a chad sucks thread. i dont get how ppl can say "give jmac" a break when he has done NOTHING while chad gets crapped on all over. we know what he is and what he isn't, but he has gotten us far, so let's drop it till there is a better answer (which is not kellen right now)

19. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

since when? wasn't he in the doghouse at last years TC?

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

How do you become the star of TC before TC even begins?? He must be that good..