Calling out all McCareins haters.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

sry, but talking in the Offseason doesn?t mean anything. What i remember is him getting a assload of money during last season, and not doing anything to earn it.

What i see is a guy doeing anything he can to get his money without having to work for it.

I would love to be wrong on this one, but until i see him contributing on the Field, i won?t change my mind.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Justin McCareins: Breaking Out Every Offseason.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How about his inability to accelerate or make plays on balls that aren't thrown perfectly in stride? How about giving up on anything he might have to dive for? How about lack of clutch play? Inability to break up interceptions?

I like him though. Decent #4.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

All true, except the you liking him part.

In the Herm years, I don't know how many dropped, catchable, balls he had. Especially, in key situations.

He had a better year last year, but nothing spectacular.

Conversely, Cotchery basically had very close to, if not a definite, breakout season last year, and truely established himself as a real threat.

6. gustoonarmy

Have any of you even watched the video , or is this spiel on a loop?
    Last season was last season , EVERYBODY starts a fresh , best player in TC says alot , and yes apparently hes that every year too , so whose really at fault here , a lazy player or lazy coaches? Bit of both if you ask me.
    If he doesn't show up this year , he will be gone , no doubt about that.

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Cotchery is better, of course, but McCareins is real good as well.....

2005 was a complete bust for the Jets so, you can't look at anything Jmac did or didn't do that year - So, you're left with his 1st adjustment year with minor injuries and last year...... And he still put up over 700 yards the 1st two years.

Hey, it happens, players don't find thier groove for a while But, make no mistale Jmac is a hard working, Team guy with a lot of talent and is a real good #2 WR in this league....

We're lucky to have him as our #3 and for depth.

Players like this, the casual fans writes off and then BAM,when he puts it together the fans are like, WOW, he's not bad... You have to take everything into account though. The guy IS talented.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If JMac plays like he did last year, with new found fervor, or even bests last year by a bit this year, I will be very happy about it. I really have no large complaints about his play last year.

9. gustoonarmy

He was a very good 3rd down WR last year as well.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Jmac has ability to be a very solid #2. He got lost in the undiciplined quagmire of the Herm Edwards regime. Now that he is coached properly and held accountable (if he gets a chance) you will see how good he can be. If the Jets did not believe this, they would quickly cut him due to his salary.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The problem is he's making way too much money for a slot reciever of his caliber... He's a solid reciever, but he makes too much...

If he took a pay cut, I'd feel better about keeping him around. Otherwise, I trust Brad Smith to step into the slot role judging by what I saw last season.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I like his attitude. The team hasn't moved him and that says something as well. We will have to wait and see how he does this year. I won't write him off just yet, but I am not going to do any cartwheels over him either. :)

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

And Ironically, he has a fraction of the yards he had when the team was in dissarray the year before or his 1st year with the new team....

Bottom line the guy has been through a lot as a Jet and has been through a few QB's, 2 systems and a lot of Chad Floaters.

The image I have of Jmac is his sitting there waiting for a Chad pass to come down from heaven then getting whacked as the ball arrives....

I think it takes a lot of adjustment to get used to the Chad floater and guys like Coles excel at this while Jmac may have to go after it a little more and not use his body as much.

HE HAS TALENT AND HE HAS WORK ETHIC - ANd that's a lot.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

McCareins was brought here to compliment Coles and he has failed at that.

He may be in good spirits as the #3/#4 WR, but that is not why he is being paid.

I hope he can succeed with the Jets this year, but he could still be shipped out.

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Go after it more??? If he made even the slightest attempt it would be more than what he did last year. He didn't even TRY to break up some of Chad's passes and just stood there as they were intercepted.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Enough with the Chad floater talk by the way. :)

17. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I have no problem with McCareins being the #3 WR, hes an overpaid #3 but definitely has more big play ability than most other teams #3 WRs

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You're calling out McCairens haters because he said some nice things? I'm not a McCairens hater, but that's kinda weak man.

19. Phyr

Phyr Member

How many big plays did he make last year? 1? 2?

20. gustoonarmy

Yes he did say some nice things , because hes a nice person , and if you think thats weak , you deal with it.
    I was trying to highlight the fact that there are some here that want to dump JMac because hes not up to the job , or hes earing too much money for a number 3 WR.
    I believe that Jmac will come good and will earn his $$$. I really don't think many people can be arsed to look at the video , congrats to you because you obviously have.
    Hes getting heeps of praise for one of two reasons , we're going to try and offload him or hes earnt it and a new better player that is responding well to coaching has emerged , I go with the latter.
    Brad Smith , the better WR? One trick pony. But that would be unfair to compare wouldn't it?