brewers

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by jetfaninwisconsin, May 27, 2007.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Or not. Turnbow came into the top of the 8th this afternoon with a 2-1 lead against the Braves. Four batters later he left with the bases loaded and one out. Seven batters after that it was 8-2 Braves.

They've beaten up on bad teams all year, but are way below .500 against good ones.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Not that I'm saying things would have been different but I watched the entire series and in Turnbow's defense it was his 3rd consecutive appearance. The Brewers were a run away Monday from at least playing extra innings and possibly of not for Turnbow being overworked the likely would have won today.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hey, you don't have to be a good team to win the World Series - see St. Louis Cardinals, 2006. I just think that the Brewers need to do a whole lot better against good teams before they can be taken too seriously. I had them as an 85-90 win team a few days ago, but I'm now wondering if that was too optimistic, and 80-85 is more like it.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm sticking with my 85-89 preseason pick for them.

5. jetfaninwisconsin

the way i see it as, good teams beat up on bad teams, at least we can beat up on those guys, and as for the good teams we play, i will point out that last year the tigers never could really beat the yankees or red sox and then postseason came, and bang, world series, anyways, im not arguing or nothing, but i like our chances of taking the division this year, anyways, if i dont get back to the computer for awhile, take it easy, and J-E-T-S Jets-Jets-Jets!!! later guys~

6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I jinxed him...he was doing well up until yesterday.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I thought preseason and I still think the Brewers will win the division. Is Gallardo going to come up for you guys soon?