Jets player you just cant stand past or present

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jkgrandchamp, Feb 10, 2007.

1. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Keith Byers. His fumble against Denver turned that game around. If we beat Denver we would have killed Atlanta. Doug Brien is second but I still don't think we would definitely have won the SB that year. I guess you can throw in Richard Todd too.

2. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Vinny. He did a lot of great things for us, but I could never watch him play without KNOWING that at some point he was going to drive a dagger through my heart. I hated that.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I'll try Jeff Criswell #69

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Rick Mirer. I would have rather have seen them go with Tom Tupa at QB.

5. illmatic

illmatic New Member

Vinny Inceptrverde

6. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Wow I'm seeing a lot of hate for Father time...

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the Vinny hatred. He was the best Jets QB I can remember watching.

edit: (started watching in 86)

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Rashad Washington. He was bad his first year. Then his ST play improved a little the last few years. But he just sucks as a safety. But what really gets me is that he somehow makes the roster every year even though he doesn't contribute all that much. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand him. Every year I wait in eager anticipation to see his name on the cut list.

Moore is starting to wear on me too. A penalty waiting to happen.

As for past Jets, I try not to dwell on them. I just want the current team to win and try to forget the rest.

#128 dabrowsk1, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

MeShawn...I just hate this guy.

Great thread...lots of memories, mostly bad ones! It's interesting to me how some hate a guy for one bad play/game. I find it hard to "hate" a guy for that since they're only human. Still, I understand your pain!

10. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Hard to tell if this was really him...but only he or a family member would know all those details. Even if it is from him though, I think the weight MUST be inaccurate. I distinctly recall watching games with my dad saying "Oh my God, that guy is like a mountain" (meaning his weight, not height). All the talk about him his first year was about his girth. Granted, the 300 pounders were not part of the game back then so by comparison he would look enormous. But if I had to guess, I would have said Carl was about 330.

11. championjets69

If only he would have known the difference between the sidewalk & street in Chicago & did not break a ankle things may have turned out differently for him

12. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

Dwayne Crutchfield (FB) big mouthed jack-ass.
    Mark Gastineau (DE) big mouthed dancing jack-ass
    Keyshawn Johnson (WR) big mouthed book-writting jack-ass

13. championjets69

Crutchfield is a terrific pick. A #2 from Iowa that stunk up the field.

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Justin McCariens right now. He has had far more opportunity than he deserved and repeatedly fails to deliver.

Doug Brien previously. I'll never forgive that jerk off.

15. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

moss????????????

16. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

Doug Jolley, Johnnie Mitchell, Blair Thomas, Doug Brien, Keith Byars, Justin Miller.

17. FreemanRB24

FreemanRB24 New Member

Oh man, this thread brings back bitter memories.

However I'll defend Doug Brien, not because I like him, but because he never should have kicked more than one field goal from that distance, and Hackett didn't call anything with a chance to move the ball anywhere worthwhile.

Least favorite? Anthony Becht. Not because he can't catch, not because he's slow; I understand blocking is important. But because he's the only tight end I can think of who, running at full speed, can get hit by a 180 lb cornerback a yard short of the first down marker, and fall BACKWARDS. The dude plays small. Least favorite guy on the team now is probably Justin McCareins, just for being a bum who blows big plays.

However, Ron Moore and Doug Jolley both get honorable mentions for some of the worst deals/acquisitions I can think of offhand.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

we wouldnt of made it past the patriots

19. A few guys...

- Vinny: Not so much he as a player, but the small patch of Jet fans have this bizarre infatuation w/ him that is difficult to grasp, and never really goes away

- Lonnie Paleilei- One of Parcell's short term fixes along the OL- He was constantly holding and his hair was a major annoyance

- John Hall- Had a bad attitude and I never trusted him, even w/ an extra point w/ half the distance to the goal.

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

His official statistics list him as 271, although we all know these are occassionally pencil-whipped. But there are a couple of places on the web that mention he was forced out of the NFL with a neck injury. It was probably the neck and not the eating that forced him out.