Herm: The worst thing I did when I was in New York was..........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, May 15, 2007.

1. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

yeah but again that's YOUR opinion and not a fact.

2. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

junc i gotta ask your opinion on this one, who did more for the franchise bill parcells or herm/bradway?

3. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

also in responce to your ealier quote with parcells, now i would say the evidence with parcells is that he can't stay in one place to long, i mean that's where the evidence takes me. he by his own admission said he was burnt out. he "retired" from the giants too once before so his behavior with the jets didnt surprise me cause people are what they are and do what they do, and thats just how bp is. now i think we all knew that coming in. i think dallas knew it too but u hire bp anyway cause he's a hall of fame coach. i mean it really wouldnt surprise me if bp came out of retirement again in a few years and went on to coach again.

4. Pride

Pride New Member

I posted this thread for some tidbit I saw, one week later this thread still has legs:lol:

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Did we really need this thread to happen yet again?? This is a total repost and next time herm has something to say about the jets it will happen again

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My goal is to forget all about Herm. I can't wait to play the Chiefs in December. I want to beat them badly. The season will be tainted if we don't win.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry GH EVERY season is tainted unless U win the CHAMPIONSHIP. IMHO U R thinking way to small that beating Herm makes 07 successful

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

the season is successful if the Jets take a step forward and are set up to be legitimate contenders in 08...dynastys arent built overnight...something I wouldnt expect U to know champ

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I know the Jolley trade was a move down (I never thought otherwise), but IMO it was a really STUPID deal for the jets. Howver, if you want to believe that Jolley (the major figure in the trade-down), Miller and Nugent are better than having 1st and 2nd round picks, go ahead. Houston and Rhoades could have easily been taken by the jets with their 4th and 6th original picks. Anyway, we'll apparently never convince each other, so lets agree to disagree--I think it was a bad move, and you think it was one of the best jets' deals ever.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yep but the facts are we took Rhodes after we traded away a raider pick to move up.

don't be so naive to believe everything you read.

Parcells brought us out of the dark ages so overall it's parcells but we Herm & Tb took it to another level. we went from a once in a while playoff team to an almost annual playoff team but Parcells turned us from one of the worst tams in sports to one of the better teams in the NFL. I appreciate immenely what both regimes did.

he was only here 3 years, he has stayed at least 4 years everywhere else. he wanted another SB in the worst way and I just on't thnk he would have walked away twice if he thought we we close.

You want to complain about who we took? OK I can buy that but the trade itself was a great one for us as we still fo the 2 guys we were targeting in the first 2 rounds plus picked up a bunch of additional picks.

I keep hearing how we could have gotten Houston and Rhodes anyway but we don't know that while we do know we got them w/ picks obtained in the Jolley trade.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The fact is they viewed Rhodes as a mid 4th pick and gave up a 4th and a pick to get him. Pouha was widely thought a player who might not even be drafted and was a complete reach. If the trade was done to get value, you have to scratch your head at the entire draft. A kicker with a suspect leg with your top pick is not value. A head case CB with two arrests and little to no technique who was likely falling to the third or 4th round in a very deep CB class is not value, a NT who was widely viewed as a 6th or potential FA is not value. Especially when the team was absolutely desperate for OL help and took not 1 single player on the OL.

12. nyjunc

Feel free to criticize them for the actual picks but the trade itself was an excellent one. Obviously not every pick wil turn out god but at least Miller has been a very good STer and while Nugent can't kick off he was on of the best K's last year on FGs an he's getting better. Rhodes obviously makes that draft and we acquired him w/ a pick from the Raiders.

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Why, you do. Well, you believe everything Herm says, except when it goes against your argument like when he admitted he didnt' play Cotchery enough. Since it didn't mesh well with your argument, you tried to spin it in your favor.

14. nyjunc

I never believed everything Herm said. once again this is where you guys have tis notion about me that isn't true. Just like you think that I think Herm was a great coach and could do no wrong(even though I have always been critical of him when he deserved it) you think I believed everything he said. I don't know if the posts are still up but if they are look back to midseason 2005 when herm was denying the KC rumors and I said at the time I thought Herm was gone. I don't believe ANYTHING coaches say b/c part of their job is to lie to the media and thus the fans.

15. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

yeah but again that's YOUR opinion not a fact, u can't say you're all about facts then put a "i dont think" in there.

16. winstonbiggs

We didn't acquire Rhodes with a pick from the Raiders that simple is not true.

17. nyjunc

I never said that was fact, my facts were about herm's time in NY but we can use common sense ad what we know about BP and the other coaches to realize that coaches don't walk away from talent like that.

18. nyjunc

We used a Raiders pick to move up to get him. W/o the Jolley trad we don't have Rhodes today.

19. winstonbiggs

How do you know that? Without the Jolly trade the draft would have shaped up completely differently for us and might have been significantly better?

#279 winstonbiggs, May 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 24, 2007
  20. nyjunc

We don't know for sure but what we do know is we used one of the Raiders picks to move up to get rhodes. Who knows what would have happened but we know what did happen and that was getting Rhodes.