Why did some Mets shave their heads?

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by macbk, May 9, 2007.

1. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

I am going to be pissed if Jose and Sele do not get their heads shaved before tonight's game. Face it, if the Yankees did the shaving, and AROD or JETER , were the only Yankees not to get shaved, us Met fans would be all over this story.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I doubt Reyes is coming in shaved. He's vain, that's obvious. I can understand wanting them to do it, but I would never expect it.

Besides, there's far better ways to create team solidarity. To me, this is just silly. If the Yankees did it, I'd be all over the guys who did, not the ones who didn't.

3. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

I agree to a point. From what I have read, a couple of guys just wanted to get their heads buzzed the other night, and it kind of mushroomed. Boys having fun. More frat stuff than anything else. But that being said, I think it got to the point where Jose has to say, "yeah man, I will jump in with you guys".

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And I agree to a point as well. It's a team-comradarie thing.

Hair is a real vanity thing though. When I was younger, there was nothing in the world that could get me to shave my hair, short of being handed a million dollars just for doing it.

Reyes is getting his millions whether he has his hair or not, so there's no motivation to do it.

If he does it, more power to him. It just might boost him even higher in stature. At the same time, I don't think he needs to, and if he doesn't then it's not that big a deal.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bringing up anything other than the last few years is irrelavent, it doesn't matter what happened in 97 or 98. Previous to the new Mets regime is ancient history which is all you Yankee fans seem to have. We can continue this discussion after the Mets once again prove their ownership of the other New York baseball team next weekend.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:lol: how is it ownership? It's been 3-3 in recent history. I guess Met fans have a different take on what success is than Yankees do. That would make sense.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Why don't we add in some more conditions to support your argument?

Whenever Jose Reyes doesn't hit a triple, the game doesn't count if the Mets lose.

Whenever Maine doesn't get 18 Ks, and the Mets lose, it doesn't count.

Actually, let's just make your argument easy. Whenever the Mets lose, it just doesn't count.

You know, I actually took your absolute silence since your last post to mean that you were going to just walk away quietly, rather than get into an argument you can't possibly win.

Sorry for my mistake.

So again I'll ask, exactly how is it that the Mets make the Yankees "their bitch."

Is it the number of postseason appearances by both teams in the time Willie's been in charge?

Is it the number of World Series wins since Willie's been in charge?

Give me a break. You lose.

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

HEY...I think there's trolling going on here.........lock the thread!!!! :wink:

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I lose huh? You sound alot like Kornhieser with that, it's ok. Keep living on your ancient history. I'm sure once the Mets whoop that other New York team next weekend you'll resort to the 26 championsips broken record. I'm sure junc will pop in with his most championships in sports which isn't true and when the Mets win the WS we'll hear it all over again. I don't care what happened in the 90's. I don't care what happened last year, all I care about is right now and right now the Mets are the best team in New York. They'll prove it again next week.

10. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Look at what Jose Reyes is doing on the field... if he doesn't want to shave shave his head he doesn't have to shave his head. Don't change a thing Jose.