Keyshawn Available.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, May 1, 2007.

?

Would You Want Keyshawn Back ......

1. YES

67.1%
  2. NO

22.3%
  3. Don't Care

10.6%
  1. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I'd be happy to get him, and cheer him on. On the other hand, if he joins the Pats, he might be, for me, the most hated Patriot, which is truely saying something.

2. greenlantern1094

I really want Keyshawn back. I'm in no way saying Keyshawn has the talent level of Randy Moss but the Jets have an opportunity to sign a proven wide receiver to help our receiving corps much like the Patriots did with Moss.

3. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Hey, what about all the Keyshawn Jet jerseys you took to the salvation army dump, anybody actually hold on to theirs? Hoping maybe one day, it would come back in style, ya cheap bastard :lol:

4. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Im thinkin he has a job with ESPN when he does retire I thought he was pretty decent doing the draft stuff.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

http://mvn.com/nfl-jets/

just the way I see it

#45 Scikotic, May 1, 2007
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  6. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I still have mine.

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

He's a good redzone target. And it's funny, he was talking about how excited he was to play with Jarrett and everything, lol.

8. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

I really don't understand what all the sympathy is for Mr. Me-shawn Johnson. He was a selfish, arrogant, self-centered POS when he was with us. Do you guys remember all those incompletions he didn't convert just because he didn't understand that you had to have two feet in bound for a pass to be considered a reception in the NFL?

The embarassment that he suffers being cut shortly after appearing jubilant over the draft weekend is tantamount to the rooster coming home to roost. Karma has a funny way of working that way.

I was glad when he left and it would even better to see him join NE and have his "me-isms" and Moss' "professionalism" wrech havoc on the NE locker room. The impact those two knuckleheads on NE.........precious.

9. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

For what it's worth, Keyshawn and Parcells are tight. And given that Mr. T continues to consult with Parcells (Kenyon Coleman, the new DB coach Mike MacIntyre), there's always a chance that a good word gets put in by Parcells.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

WOW :eek:hmy:

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Absolutely. I still wear my #19 to the games. Mangini knows him from their time here, if it makes sense they'll do it.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He's certainly a bigger threat then any other #3 receiver we have right now. Why not bring him back if the price was right? Of course a ton more receivers will be cut before June 1st.

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

He'd easily be our best RZ threat.... That additions of Key and TJ would make our RZ O 100x what it was last year..I'd love him back

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I didn't like Keyshawn back then, on a personal level. But the Keyshawn today is so different from who he was back then. He became a role-player in Carolina, and accepted it without a problem. He's genuinely a more humble person now, and a good mentor to some younger guys. Did any of you catch his remarks about wanting Carolina to draft a WR early so he could help show a young guy the ropes and train his replacement? The Keyshawn you remember would never have said that, and would have hated anybody who would have forced it on him.

He's a threat; in the red zone and in the short-passing game that Chad lives by. Perfect fit. He's basically a TE now, which is what I've been bitching about us needing for months. I hope we do sign him.

15. Don

He changed as soon as Parcells got here. He hasn't been that same person he was early in his career since then.

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

None of the three guys on our team are a true #1 receiver, don't be so shocked..

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

KJ says he wants to help a team win a SB that counts us out.

18. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that, but only with the caveat that being a slot in the mold of Chrebet isn't a bad thing. He could still lead the team in all the recieving stats from the slot.

19. Don

Except Coles was getting killed in the slot. He started getting consussions just like Chrebet did. He wouldn't last another season running from the slot even in a limited number of plays.

20. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

:lol:

Somebody should spend more time figuring out what Revis' numbers will be in Madden and running his bar, leave the insults to those who know how to make them. :up:

j/k, good to see ya.