Barret/Barton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsman5137, Apr 30, 2007.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

package all 3 and send them to herm for a 3rd rounder.

2. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

I also believe Barrett is a solid corner. The reason coleman and poteat played over him was because he was hurt most of the year. He is solid, and will be one of the best nickelbacks in the league this year if he stays with us, plus he could probably back up rhodes at FS. As for Barton, I like him, but he doesn't have to stay. McCareins is solid #3, however he has no desire to be a #3, so he plays like shit, we could certainly use the depth, however, he doesn't want to be a depth player. All 3 are overpaid...

3. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I would trade all three. Barton has Value, he is 30 and has 100 tackles four of the past five years. I would look to get a 3rd from a team needing starting LB's. Barret is coming off a surgey, I wouldn't be suprised if he is stayed or is cut.

4. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

J-mac has not shown anything since we traded for him. Barrett is a hard hitter but needs to turn his head when going for the ball. Bartons been solid since we got him and was one of our best LBs. Hobson? What exactly has he done?

5. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

Why get rid of Barton? He hits HARD I like him a lot, he brings a lot of intensity to the defense. Besides, who knows if Harris is going to just come in and dominate right away. We need Barton.

Same thing goes for Barret, he's a great player. I dont like McCareins though, he was a mistake from the beginning. I would dump him like we did with Jolley and make use of the true role playing WRs that we already have (Dwight, Brad Smith, and now Stuckey).

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Spot on. Until somebody else on the roster proves they can do it - we need JMac. As poorly as Mcareins has played can you just imagine how dire our WR situation is if Cotch or Coles sustain any kind of significant injury? Does anyone want to line up Dwight/Smith as our #2 and #3 guys?

7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I would try to get a 7th rounder from Barrett. Rarely will there be a crap player for a crap player trade.

I would trade Barton for a 4th rounder and mover downward as teams continue to reject.

I wouldn't mind keeping McCareins because we don't really have a 3rd WR really, not that McCareins is even a number 3 WR.
    But I would trade him for a pick if he is worth anything.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Is anyone a little irked by the fact that we drafted each position for players rumored to be on the trading block? I'm sure it could be a coincidence but for a FO that has been praised for being so secretive, it seems like they pretty much telegraphed their draft plans.

Don't get me wrong, I have all the faith in the world in our FO, but this is something I'll definitely be paying more attention to next season.

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

A post like this leads me to believe that you didn't even watch a game last year, and were instead "on vacation" with Champ.....