We're gonna pick 4 players in the draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Apr 28, 2007.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This is one of the weakest draft classes in the past ten years. I'm sure the FO knows this, and selected whom they thought was worthy. Don't worry, they know what's going on.

Also, we moved up in rd1 by fleecing the Skins last year. So we gave up a 5th, which was well worth it! Also, Harris is a beast! Saw him play all last year, he will fit very well. He plays like he's 250 w/speed, great tackler!

2. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

How long exactly have you been a Jets fan?

3. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Ellis I only expect to take shit if my opinion looks like this hahaha.

For real though, I just think that trading away more picks for David Harris to me doesn't seem like the logical choice considering Moses, Charles Johnson, and Tank Tyler are still on the board. We couldve moved Hobson inside and put a Moses or Johnson on the outside to rush the passer and then either use the 3rd rounder to trade up for or take Tank Tyler.

Hobson was touted very similar to Harris coming out and I think he could've played the position just as well. Now we still have some holes left. Im praying for additional picks for Barton, Barrett, etc or some big FA signings in the next week.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unless they saw that their skills weren't worth it to pass on Harris

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I agree. Our FO knows what they are doing. I think we have some quality players in Revis and Harris. Our FO would not have traded up if they diidn't believe strongly that the value was there.

I also agree that Tangini has one or 2 more tricks up their sleeve. I think we re-coup a 4th at the minimum (possibly a bit more) by dealing JMac and/or Barrett.

I still would like to take a gamble on that Thomas Walker guy as a potential NT. If he is around at round 6 or 7, it wouldn't be a big stretch.

6. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Good point..I guess theres not point in discussing it as its not going to change now so I might as well be happy with the pick and hope for the best. Still LOVE Revis though!!!!

7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I guess we're going to have a free for all on undrafted free agents. They probably started calling alot of them in advance.

8. iceman

iceman New Member

We will be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for McCareins, Barton or Barrett.

9. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Jets' Voice ........

I am truly disappointed. Jets' have too many needs to toss away all of there draft picks. They could have had 4 of the top 100 available players. Instead, they only got 2 ?

Run defense & Offensive line not addressed. Where's the NT ?

Jets' got good players, but they way over-spent for there trading up. I

didn't see 2 much genius by Mangenius ??? Any GM coulda pulled this deal.

I am very disappointed !!!:shit:

#69 Run_N_gun10, Apr 28, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  10. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Getting davey harris will help ease off the nose tackle situation but it still needs to be addressed....

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

O'contraire...the run D is exactly what Harris addresed.

12. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

There was no real NT to draft, thats where the NT is...

13. I'm not happy about the lack of picks but I like the 2 players we got. Hopefully there is a plan in palce to acquire more picks on early day 2.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm pretty pissed about this draft. We started with a 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 6 and ended up with 1, 2, 6, 7. Not good, I love the picks, but the harris pick cost us WAY too much. We need a DT bad, and we pretty much burned that 2nd rounder we got for jones/from washington.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There wasn't any DTs out there that was better than what we already have in Pouha

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There isn't a true 3-4 NT available in this draft to make the kind of impact, or any impact in my opnion, that we could have drafted. So we drafted the 2 best players for our system. I am happy...

And for those comparing Shlegal to Harris... that comparison is rediculous, apples to oranges... it borders on idiotic...

Ellis

17. ya can't please everyone on draft day, especially Jet fans.

I'm not happy about the lack of picks, but it's hard to argue that we filled needs w/ some solid players.

18. KJet84

KJet84 Member

What has Pouha shown that has you so confident. Ok so hes huge, but hes also close to 50. Just wondering if we are really not taking a NT because we have a guy on the roster whos huge but has never played.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Memo to all Jets fans who are bitching: the Dolphins are always looking for new fans. You can get a Ted Ginn jersey.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not so much that I have that much confidence in Pouha, more that I can clearly see that the depth in this draft for a 3-4 NT is piss poor