Darrelle Revis!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 28, 2007.

1. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

We needed help at corner but I hope they hold on to Barret. He isn't bad and seems to come up with some big turnovers. He could be one of the better nickelbacks in the league. As long as Miller never sees the field as a corner I will be happy. The question is how long can we hold onto a guy who is great at returning kicks but can't contribute anywhere else.

2. Kinda like you coming on here and throwing a hissy fit about a draft pick that has nothing to do w/ your organization? If Revis is sucha forgettable prospect..why are you here?

3. JoeWillie130

I agree. Anything done to keep Miller from having to cover someone is a serious upgrade to our team.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

1ST AND only team ever to blow that lead? What's desperate? The Jets had a very good season with a coach you know very well and you just seem annoyed for whatever reason...Relax, you pick soon.

5. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

When we start smacking you around on a regular basis, are going to keep your avatar of belly hugging Mangini?

6. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

That is just silly talk. Players mature and develop in this league. What if we said that about B. Thomas? Miller has had 3 defenses in his last 3 years. Give his some time and a chance to be coached up.

7. JoeWillie130

Shouldn't it be Sean_not_in_titletown or maybe Sean_used_to_be_in_titletown?

8. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

Three CB's off by pick 20, wow and we got the best among the group.
    Jets=Revis (14)
    Bengals=Hall (18)
    Giants=Ross (20)

See a trend starting to develop?The only other CB likely to be drafted in the first is Chris Houston, maybe Eric Wright.We shall see.
    The more this goes on, the happier I am that we didnt sit at 25, becuase at that point we would not have drafted CB since all the top players would have been long gone.I guess a team like New Orleans who might draft a CB will likely be left to ponder whether or not they should have moved up.

9. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Are you kidding me?? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

10. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

I love this pick. In this league, you can never have too many DB's. Especially given that NE just signed a bunch of WR's to big contracts, you want to make sure that you have lots of good DB's.

This reminds me of getting Aaron Glenn all those years ago. He fell and we picked him up.

11. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: and who would QB this team? Do you REALLY think Clemens or Quinn would be ready?

I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things, that would be like taking a step backwards.

12. JoeWillie130

There's a difference. First Thomas was not a D1 player out of college. You had to expect a longer adjustment period for him in the nfl. Secondly he saw only spurts of playing time up until last season and he is better suited for the 3-4. Miller has seen more playing than Thomas did early in his career and has gone backwards in his coverage skills. Anything can happen so but I don't see him ever being a starting corner in the nfl. Maybe with some work he can contribute as in nickel and dime situations.

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Is he a sure thing though?...Is drafing him as safe a bet as drafting Mangold and Brick were?

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're here. Aren't you? :wink:

15. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Yea, :up: This has been a surprising but exciting day so far.

I'm still laughing at Miami's pick thou. (Hope I feel that way later on in the year)

16. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I love this site.. It's fun and entertaining

17. JoeWillie130

Miami is going to have a rough year. Buffalo made a nice pick but I am still ecstatic to see McGahee out of our division so I don't have to watch him torch us twice a season.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Okay, maybe I should have worded my post differently. 'Intelligent Pats fans feel threatened.'

19. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Almost no positions are as safe as the OL are in the first. CB's less predictable as WR, which is why you almost never see them in the top 5. However, Revis was by a fair margin the best corner in the draft (Hall's vastly overrated) and if you watch the highlights he has great cover skills and is very physical. He's almost a perfect fit in this scheme.

BTW, it's nice to see the patsie fans coming in here and ridiculing a pick that their own front office were gunning for as well.

20. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

but he'll have a chance to do it once again this year...