Darrelle Revis!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

So we shouldn't take a cornerback in round 1 unless he's in the top 10? I don't get that. Maybe he's not a shutdown, but he's ranked in the top 15 in most publications, and he's supposed to be very good.

I like the move a lot now. Don't love it, but it was good. Revis is the best CB certainly in my view, but I'm not sure how much better he is than Ross or Hall.

It depends what you think of the talent at the end of round 2 on whether the trade was good, fantastic, or not very good.

2. Warrior

Warrior Member

Actually seems well planned. The Jets gave up a #59 pick for this guy for all intents and purpose. Hall is such a good CB that he was passed up by Pitt who reached for Simmons and Denver who moved up four spots and could argue gave up more than the Jets. Revis was the cream of the crop.

3. Sean_in_titletown

Without being able to stop the run or pressure the passer, you could have two pro bowler at each corner and they will be rendered useless. Ty Law wasn't Ty Law until Richard Seymour and the front seven rounded out. You build from thelines out. Mangini was down with that last yer...how quickly he forgot.

4. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

hmmm...yea ty law, good thing he went top 10 in the draft...

HE WAS 23rd overall! yea what a slouch he was, stuff a foot in your mouth you are a moron.:pats_suck:

5. Mallford

Mallford Member

Great job from the FO. Gotta make a move for someone like this, a good cover corner that will actually hit is a perfect match for a Mangini defense. Fair price for the trade, it all adds up.

No more worries about overpaying for said "shut down" corners that are paid for what they have done, not what they will do.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Ross is 25 and just had his 1st year of starting at CB. Hes been a nickel/3rd corner for a majority of college.

Hall has had Woodley, Branch helping him out on the line.

Revis is young and was a one man team in Pitt.

There is NO comparisons.

7. bpjets

bpjets New Member

very good pick!!!!!!

8. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

No he would not have...he is arguably the BEST CB out of the group and would have been long gone...I think it was a pretty good trade up and we did NOT lose much in the process.

Way to go Tannenbaum

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just what exactly about 'BPA' do you not understand? I can explain it to you if you like.

10. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Adam Schein from the Afternoon Blitz called this one earlier in the week. I wonder who he talked too.....???

11. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

You cannot be a slave to your needs. They really liked Revis, CB was a huge need, so they went for their guy instead of settling for a lineman they weren't thrilled about because it was a need. Not to mention the Jets have signed players for the D-line already. Here's a crazy idea, maybe they actually like them?

12. Sean_in_titletown

Wow'd that 21 point playoff loss taste? Hope you're up for a second and third helping...

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So I'm guessing the Pro Bowl appearance in 1998 when Seymour was still in college and Wilfork and Warren were still in high school was a fluke? And the 2002 appearance when Wilfork and Warren were still in college?

I'm actually taking it as a very good sign that you felt the need to come on and rag us about Revis. Suggests to me that you really don't like him on the Jets at all.

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

1st team ever to blow a 18 point lead in a Championship game taste well?

15. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

While I was not thinking CB in round 1, it is hard to argue with making a move to solve the biggest hole on this team. Tangini does well again. I think the remainder of their picks should be very interesting. I think they will do something to get one or two mid-round picks back.

16. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Personally, I hate trading up. To me it is tough to give up a second round pick. They are cheap and typically turn out quite well. I don't know why people think CB is such a great need for us. Dyson is a good #1 and Barrett is a good #2 plus we have Miller. This must say something about the health, confidence or cost of Miller or Barrett. I hope Revis will turn out well. I would have liked to see us stay put and keep or picks. I think this draft offers strong value at the end of the first and through the second.

17. Why do you have to come on here and rain on our parade? Why ca't we be happy about the player we selected? Afterall, according to Mortenson, the Pats wanted to trade up to # 14 just as badly as the Jets for one of the corners...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Te Patriots dynasty isn't gonna last forever...and neither is the jets mediocirity. And when those 2 things end, I will show NO class or respect to the assanine Patriot fans like yourself who have been nothing but classless whiffs since you lucked out in snagging Cindy in the 6th round!

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because he, like most Patriot fans recently, is feeling very threatened by the current Jets organization. Amazing what one single loss in Foxboro can do, huh?

19. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

ANY FAN who ever makes mention of being content with MILLER should flip the channel and watch the Home and garden Network right now. You must live in a cave in Afghanistan to even think that we can get anything out og Justin Miller.

20. Sean_in_titletown

If that was coming from a Colts fan I'd take it as a good comeback. Coming from you? Seems desperate and weak.