espn mock draft....jets pick next....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Apr 26, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

in claytons mock grubbs is up for grabs at our spot.....the mock is actually pretty interesting....even though john clayton a.k.a. the crypt keeper and LP are pulling the picks...

#2 KOWIE, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No Olsen...BOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Houston was still out there!

5. greenlantern1094

They think we should take Greg Olsen....what a surprise

6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Moderator: The Jets, coming off a surprising 10-6 finish last season, are on the clock and we have a question from Eric ... The Jets seem to be very in tune with character so why would then consider anybody other than Paul Posluszny?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Well, there are a lot of high-character guys besides Posluszny in the draft, but your point is an excellent one. Plus, doesn't he just seem like an Eric Mangini type of guy? And he definitely fits a need, particularly with the Jets shopping veteran LB Eric Barton in trade talks. There's some question as to where Posluszny fits best, inside or weakside, and the Jets have to consider that. They've already got one undersized inside 'backer in Jonathan Vilma, albeit a terrific player, and might need to bulk up a little.

25. Jets
    Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
    Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: It seems like the Jets have been trying to fill the hole at tight end forever. Olsen finally addresses the void.

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont like that very much at all.....TE addressed in round 1 is a fat mistake that the FO will not make IRL....

8. Pride

Pride New Member

Why is everyone so down on Greg Olsen. Other then Anthony Spencer or Justin Blalock(who is scheduled to go early rd 2), I wouldnt mind Olsen.

9. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

this whole draft process has only made me realize how little these talking heads actually know.

10. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Moderator: The Eagles are up and we have a question from Deron in New Brunswick, N.J. ... I don't understand why Brian Leonard is not considered a first-rounder. Do you agree that he will catch 60-plus balls and rush for 500-plus yards next year. That seems like a playmaker to me and someone who is different from other players late in the 1st. Wouldn't the Pats or Eagles really take a hard look at him?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Yeah, there aren't many guys who have produced like Leonard, and he's a special kid from a character and leadership standpoint, too. The problem is, most teams see him as a fullback, a position a lot of offenses don't even use anymore, or a single back in an "ace" formation. He might be a bit of a luxury in the first round, but he's got first-round talent, I agree.

i want BL here goddamnit.....

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

LOL. Olsen, what else. He fills a need even though he's not a great player. That's what everybody thinks the Jets will do here. Fill a need with a flat player.

Here's the thing. Get with the vision and imagine the best possible season Greg Olsen could have with Chad throwing to him. Go ahead and just put up what numbers you think he could have. Then go look at what he actually has accomplished and realize that you're fantasizing not looking at reality.

If he were to catch 45 balls for 495 yards and 5 TD's (that's my absolute top fantasy for him in 2007) he'd be the best TE the Jets have had offensively in a decade. He'd also do exactly squat for their chances of making the playoffs. Literally they would not win one additional game over what they'd do running Chris Baker out there, because at least Baker can block.

#11 Br4d, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  12. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

more than half of the mocks on the interenet have the Jets taking Olsen...and I don't think they will

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Olsen can go as high as 14 in this draft. If he ever got to the Jets, it would be a miracle and if he did, you grab him. Some of you are so ridiculous.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Guys Chris Baker really isnt THAT bad.

Screw Olsen.

15. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

TE isnt as big a hole as other spots that can be accomodated at our spot....while olsen is the best TE in the draft, hes a player at the position on offense we need least....aging #1 wr, holes on the OL, even a FB is more needed than another TE.

if we take olsen, id be pissed, but i dont run the team...

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chris Baker is actually a decent TE. I'd rather have him than about half the guys who start in the NFL right now. Is he Gonzalez or Gates or Shockey? No, but neither is Olsen, not even close.

The concept of taking a one-dimensional player in the first round who's not even a star in the one dimension he favors is just nuts. That's how you become a bad team.

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He gives the Jet a dimension they lack and he would be the best player available by far if he ever got to 25.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

if hes the BPA....we should trade down...

19. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

Olsen is a good as hear. Pats always draft tight ends high and Mangini will follow this.

Chad to Olsen will be a sick combo.

20. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Gates can't block either and he put up some great numbers in a Schottenheimer run system with a QB that does not have a strong arm. There are worse ways to go than Greg Olsen.