Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio Afternoon Blitz reports Jets looking to move up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Apr 24, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

yeah....but due to the available talent there the price was insane....this year they wouldnt really have hostage taking in the plans....and for certain teams adding 2 picks (25 and the early rd 2) would be better than just getting 1 guy.....we have quite a few holes though.....if we could snag another second rounder (or high 3rd) i wouldnt mind them trading down to add depth and some value to the holes we have....but trading up is way more exciting...

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

thomas should be gone by 6....if hes there id cream if wed get a guy like that....move brick to RT and start JT at LT.....NICE!!!!

branch has been falling because guys are questioning his motor, and theres some kind of stress fracture rumor about his legs. but id be happy to get him on sat....hes a moose....a big gap clogger, and we NEED that kind of guy.

okoye is too small to play tackle in the 3-4. plus hes only 19 years old....hes an awful big gamble for anyone in the top 10....especially if youre playing a 3-4 base.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Despite what they say (having 18-20 people they are interested in at 25) I don't think the Jets are at all happy at 25. I think they will move up or down but never stay where they are now.

4. Don

Yeah, he probably goes to AZ at 5 but if something above AZ happen unexpectedly then he could still be there.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

thats the facts....we need big time help on the d line...carriker or branch would be ideal in round 1 imo....theres enough CBs in the draft that if we dont trade both 2nd rounders to move up, we could get a decent corner there. i think LB has been pushed to the side a bit since we signed bowens....my 3 positions id address is OL, DL, and CB....after that, its gonna be up in the air...

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not too long ago, they did something like that to pick robustson.

hope history does not repeat itself.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I understand Robertson hasn't been as dominant as he was in college but I cannot understand how people call him a bust. Hasn't he started every game of his career? He's actually really starting to come into his own as one of the better players in this league too.

Whoever said to move d'brick to RT, that was an awful idea.

8. Don

I don't disagree that could be risky. I "think" Thomas and Okoye could be worth it. Especially since the three picks are all low in both rounds.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

D-Rob is definitely not a bust. He's a good NFL player. The perception that he's a bust is solely in relation to where he was taken. The 4 pick in the draft is supposed to turn into a consistent All-Pro and play well above the opposition's level. That's what D-Rob has not done.

Put him in a good 4-3 defense and he's gonna be part of a better one.

10. TheFactor

TheFactor New Member

I really hope this doesnt happen. I really feel we have a few more needs to be consistently good every year. By drafting only 1 guy instead of 3, it hinders this process.

11. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I agree. The only thing that would really upset me would be if we traded up in the first round (especially at the expense of of one of our 2nds). At 25, there will be 3 or 4 really good players (who fill a need on this team) that will be sitting on the board for us to take. I don't care which one we take (or even which position), but I have faith that Tangini will do the right thing and take the right players.

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Yep, I remember that discussion. If recall correctly, you and I were the only ones that were for it :up:

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I was actually just talking about this with the guys from TJB.

If we were to package 25, 59, & 63 it would be nearly equal value for #11 & #107 (4th rounder).

If we were to move up to 11, it would give us a lot of flexability with that pick; Carriker possibly? Revis?

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I don't think they meant that the Jets want to do it now, I am pretty sure they were saying they heard mention that the Jets are thinking about it as a draft day move.

15. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Maybe we need to relax a little and take up golf or something?

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This would be the only player to trade up for; he will definitely be long gone come #25.

17. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

#25 and #59 gets us up to #16 (and a 6th rounder would get us 15). #25 and #63 gets us to #16 if we chuck in a 7th rounder.

#25/#59/#63 gets us to #10.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Do you ever call in? If so what do you go by?

19. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I think we should hold onto those pics...lets trust coach to do the right thing again this year. Keep building those lines first!

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Not with those stress fractures in his legs as some sources are reporting...