Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio Afternoon Blitz reports Jets looking to move up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Adam basically started the Afternoon Blitz today by mentioning thta he has heard the jets might be looking to package on of their 2nd rounders with the 25th overall to move up in round 1.

He didn't name a source of course, but he ususally gets his news from somewhere instead of tlaking out of his ass, and NFL Radio has broken every FA signing first this offseason, so their news is usually legit.

If this is true, even if it doesn;t happen but if it is indeed true, then I have to assume they are looking at a CB or a DT because I don't think the Jets would move up to get a Guard and I also don't think they can get high enough to draft Olsen...

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If they package picks to draft Olsen I will be screaming into a towel for a week. Gotta scream into the towel or the neighbors keep calling EMS.

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

the only player i could see those 2 picks trading up for is Alan Branch.

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

You never know what to believe at this time of year, so many smokescreens. But I would think it's Carriker they're targeting if they move up.

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

That is pointless to do that now if you ask me. That is a trade that you make during the draft when you know that the player that you want is there. I hope that if the Jets are looking to make a trade like this, that they wait till the draft is well under way.

6. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

haha this is kinda exciting!! i cant wait!

7. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

ROFL... this guy has bust written all over him... it would be like we drafted Blair Thomas for the second time, thats how bad that pick would be

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Well according to the pick value chart, the 25th and 59th picks, plus a 6th rounder, can get us up to #15. I would consider this if Branch/J. Anderson falls and the Jets think anyone they could get at 25 would be significantly less valuable than one of those guys. I wouldn't mind moving up for Revis and Hall, but at that price I'd rather stay put and take Houston or Ross if the Jets are intent on drafting a corner.

#8 PinPointPenning10, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If they trade their top 3 picks to move up for a corner I won't need EMS, they can just send the hearse. Now if they want to take their top 3 picks and a player to move up to #6 (Washington is clammoring for a deal like that) then I would find that indeed interesting.

#9 Don, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Me too... all this rumor mill pre draft stuff is bunk... somehow, this year I see the Jets letting the board, and other teams come to them. Just me though.

11. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

If they did that and got Tanard Jackson in the second, I could be okay with it...

12. Br4d

I haven't screamed into a towel since the Bryan Thomas pick. I was waiting to hear Ed Reed, Napoleon Harris or Kendall Simmons and out of nowhere they mentioned somebody who was supposed to be a 2nd round pick. And he was a defensive end and we already had Ellis and JAbe.

I had to scramble to get the towel because the first scream was already coming out when I got to the hall closet. Every Bradway draft after that I had a towel all rolled up and ready to go in the 1st round. God I hope I don't have to do that with these guys.

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

remember last year when people said we were going to trade up for bush...

14. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

I heard the entire interview. He said the Jets are looking at a possible move up to select the CB from Pitt- Darrelle Revis

15. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

well seems how our 2nd rounder and our first rounder will only get us up about 5 spots im guessing, branch would be good value. and please, i would like to here why he has "bust written all over him".

16. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

yeah, we almost did..

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I wouldn't mind if they packaged their top 3 and a player to move up to #6 where they would probably get Joe Thomas or Okoye. That would be worth it, I think. To package the top three picks for anything else would be a waste.

18. Br4d

The reason that some people think Branch has a high bust factor is that he's a space filler not a penetrator on the defensive line. In a 4-3 I think he might well be a bit disappointing. As a 3-4 NT or DE I think he's going to eat people alive. He also has some questions about the motor, similar to Haloti Ngata last season. Having watched him play fairly closely (Michigan is my team in the NCAA) I think he's going to be a high value defensive lineman for a decade. I understand people who think differently though.

19. baamf

baamf Active Member

Revis would look real good in green and white....

20. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

precisely my feelings. he fits the bill very well for the 3-4, whether its at DE or NT. wouldnt mind trading up for him.