The Official 2007 TGG.com Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetsfan119, Jan 31, 2007.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

K, I have to go in like less than 5, so you guys pick whoever you want.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I will trade number 10 for you're 2 first round picks jasonjets......

3. King Koopa

What do I do.....I'm up, but Jason offered to trade up with his 2 1st round picks for number 10 overall, and I want to do that......

4. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Just PM him and wait I guess.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

First, I strongly believe that Meachem will be the second WR selected in the draft, and by April, he will be hovering at the value of a top top-15 pick without question. Bowe and Jarrett are both out of contention unless they come alive at their pro days, and even then, Meachem's pro day 40 will be off the charts (remember, Donte Stallworth ran a 4.18 I believe at that Tennessee track). Meachem is everything that the Vikings WR corps needs, a smart, tough receiver that can break it deep, right now everyone on the roster is completely one-sided.

As for the question of who's throwing the ball, if Quinn is the pick, it won't matter. As good a prospect as he is, without a year or so to learn behind a veteran Quarterback in a good system, I see nothing but bad things in Brady's future. Throwing him onto a roster like the Vikings would be a hell of a catastrophe. They'd be much better off putting the weapons in place, giving Jackson a year to see what he's got, then grabbing a QB next season if they don't see him ever being the guy. A veteran QB will be needed though, but such players can always be had, especially when June 1 cuts roll around. Not to mention, I'd definitely prefer to see a round 1 WR and a trade for Matt Shaub with the 2nd rounder than Quinn in the first and a WR like Jason Hill or Anthony Gonzalez in Rd 2.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hey you're the Minny GM but that seemed like a reach of Troy Williamson proportions. I'm a firm believer in taking the potential franchise Qb when your team is desperate for a Qb..

7. Green Hurricane

I know that you're a guy that's all about QBs early on in the draft, and in another situation I might agree with you here, not with this Vikings roster. As for the reach part, it's a gut feeling, and I think it'll pan out in a month or so quite nicely.

8. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Nevermind Wrong Thread

9. Attackett

I actually really like Meachem as a WR prospect. A hell of alot more than I did Troy Williamson at the time, I knew he would be a complete bust, although I did think they should have taken Mike Williams instead, we all know how he has worked out. I am just a QB guy, especially when he comes with such a good recommendation from a QB genious. I would love Meachem to last until the 25th pick but like you said he is movin on up, I don't know if he will get into the top 10 but top 20 for sure.

10. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

The trade between jasonjets and King Koopa has been approved by me. jasonjets will select 10th in the first round (is on deck) and King Koopa will have the 24th and 28th picks in the first round

11. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

WO, WO, WO Wait a second! I never said I agreed to the trade, I said:

Meaning, that was the base part. According to the value chart, I would recieve 1,400 points, and he would reciever 1,500. Meaning I am short 100 points. I think a 4th rounder should be added to it, to make it fair. Then I would only be short like 20 points.

#111 jasonjets, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  12. Attackett

oh for the love of god, one of you guys just make a pick. This draft has become more aggravating than fun..

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

We may want to rethink the whole pick trading thing altogether.

14. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Ok, ok. King Koopa, if you accept both of my 1st rounders for your 1st and 4th, then I am fine with that, it will go through and I will pick. If you don't accept it, I am not offering anything else, and will just stick with my two picks in the first.

15. Green Hurricane

This thing is turning into a

[​IMG]

16. King Koopa

deal.....go ahead and pick

17. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Ok, it's a deal, pick in a second.

18. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Ok, let's get this thing rolling now that we've got that done.

19. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I'm looking to trade down into the mid-2nd round and acquire an extra 3rd round pick.

20. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

If the Pats trade up and take that guy, that would probably be a terrible trade. The Pats would never ever trade up first of all, and they wouldnt trade up for him.