Trade Rumors over Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsfan119, Mar 7, 2007.

1. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I know ill never live this thread down and everybody will say "oh no, another randy moss thread" but after hearing that the price for Moss is a second round pick...I think its a no brainer that they make the trade...we have an extra one as a gift! NE is no longer in the running bc they traded their #2 to MIA for wannabe Chrebet (Wes Welker). I would like to see Moss here personally

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If he could button his attitude it would be good to see him back with Chad , but who would we cut , Coles,Cotchery (no just resigned) Tim Dwight or Brad Smith?
    His talent has never been in question , but again attitude has. Other needs first I think

3. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I think JMac...then Dwight

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

McCareins + R5 pick = good trade, IMO. IF and only IF he sits down with Mangini beforehand and Eric thinks they can work together.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If Randy Moss were to come here cutting Justin wouldn't be enough, it would have to signal the end for Coles. You can't have 3 guys like Moss, Coles and Cotchery on 1 team. That's too much $ invested in 1 position and there aren't enough balls to go around to keep everyone happy.

6. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Yea they had chemistry in their younger days but alot has changed.Moss is a great Wr with speed that kills . But could Chad get Randy the ball deep on a constint basis ?

7. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

With Schotty calling the shots, im sure he can figure something out to get the ball into those guys very capable hands. I also think Pennington would do a lot to calm Moss down and make him button his lip, he has a tremendous amount of respect for Chad

8. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

That could be a probleme too but then our pass game would demand serious respect and our run game would open up for Jones and Leon...It might be a good move if Chad can get the deep ball going !!!

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you dont cut any. you have 5 WR's. but if anyone its dwight without a question lol why even ask

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i could imagine cotchery being quiet as we dominate opponents.

i dont like his attitude at all but the guy just hates losing. if he came here, id find it hard for us to lose many games, but honestly this would put us on par with, if not over any offense in the league. all we would need is a solid RT

then again i dont see this happening unless the sky falls or randy takes a paycut, both have the same probability.

11. nyjunc

We threw it 488 times last season, that # figures to go down w/ a decent running game. There is no way we could have 3 WRs of that caliber on the same team, Even if Moss came for free which he won't- he has a cap eating contract and will cost picks- there's just no way we could keep Coles and bring in Moss.

12. nyjunc

I think Cotch would be fin but Coles & Moss would expect more- you can't have the 2 of them on the same team w/ another WR the caliber of Cotchery. Those guys need the ball.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You cannot bring Randy Moss here right now. Cotchery needs 125 balls thrown at him next year. Coles needs the same. The Tightends should get 60-75 and the backs 100. That's 425+ passes right there. Where is Moss gonna get his throws from? There's nobody on this team right now that could throw the 550+ passes necessary to satisfy everybody.

If the Jets moved Coles then there'd be room for Moss. Until then there just isn't. And I'd think long and hard before I let a really tough, durable and productive receiver like Coles go to make room for an enigma who has repeatedly quit on his team when the going got tough and who has had his share of injuries as well.

Coles lip can get him in trouble but he is a great possession reciever with enough speed to burn one all the way now and then. How many guys are there like that in the NFL these days anyway?

The argument that Coles is winding down may well turn out to be true. Moss is no spring chicken either and his quitting is getting to be a bad habit.

#13 Br4d, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  14. gustoonarmy

He He , I TOTALLY forgot about Jmac :lol: Impact player.

Still, who would sit in 2 WR sets?

15. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Three words: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If Moss were to come here then Coles would have to be traded and McCarins will be released. Coles has more good days behind him as opposed to ahead of him and I would rather trade him a year to early as opposed to a year to late. The problem is Can Chad control Moss and also is Chad going to be the Jets Qb for the next few years. If the F/O thinks Chad is a stop Gap Qb then Moss should not come here but if they feel Chad is the answer to get us to the next level then Moss makes sense.

17. gustoonarmy

Maybe this rumour that I heard isn't BS after all.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd imagine they'd have different 2 WR sets so everyone got in on two thirds of them.

19. gustoonarmy

Its going to be a long offseason....again

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Even if it was true, that wouldn't have anything to do with Moss. If we are gonna go up that high I'm sure it will be for Calvin Johnson..If we got CJ there would be no need for Moss. Either way I would bet my house that Moss is not playing with the Jets next year, nor should he.