Thomas Jones traded to the Jets...Deal Complete (Merged 5X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tanni has that covered. He's moving the flag girls from the sidelines to the endzone. Look for at least 22 TDs this year. Brilliant!!!

At least SMILE damit!!!

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Awesome!!!!

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Just by reading your posts in this thread, it seems that you're trying to convince yourself that this was a good trade for the Bears.

Whether it is or isn't, we'll see... but it's definitely a good trade for the Jets. Jones will continue to produce here like he did in Chicago, maybe even better for the first year or two. He's going to stay fresh by sharing some of his carries with Leon, and he's also now playing with a QB that is the best play action passer in the game (Manning MIGHT be better at it). After burning teams a few times with that, they'll focus more on the pass, opening it up more for Jones.

Playing with a good QB for arguably the first time in his career will really help him.

4. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

It'll just be nice to see Pennington's play action work again.

5. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

I think that some people should be banned from this forum for just being too stupid.I know this is a free country and we all will not agree on everything but there are two people who come to mind on this forum who seem to be incredibly stupid and I think they should be removed from this forum.GO Jets Go Thomas Jones, now lets get Justin Blalock.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Not only does he have a better QB to play with, but teams will respect the Jets passing game next year because of Cotchery and Coles.

Jones will see less 8 man fronts to stop the run like he saw in Chicago

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I would rather just sign Marc Columbo...

Plus the Jets need to draft defense early on in the draft this year.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I love the Jones trade, I don't know what he's making but this is definitely an upgrade to our RB corps. Someday I will have the time to read all 19 pages of this thread.

9. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

I hope Peter Angelos lubed his anus, cause he just got fu*ked........:breakdance:

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

per Cimini. I'm intrigued as to the length of the deal. I'd imagine the guarantees are over the first two or three years of the deal and not immediate or more prolonged. Four - five years total with unlikely numbers at the back end would be nice.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Heh, Peter Angelos is the Orioles owner who sucks at life. Jerry Angelo is the Chicago GM, and he's had himself a fun offseason already with Jones and Briggs...

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He was just talking generally, I'm sure, about Peter Angelos. Though why it's relevant to this thread I don't know. :wink:

13. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Thats great to hear. I now have no more worries. This was a steal of a deal just to trade down. I remember a few days ago I was all for getting TJ. TJ DUCKETT I MENT. LIttle did I know Thomas Jones was comming here an awesome move with little tread on his tires. He is a 29 YO man with 25YO body. WHERE ARE MY SHADESSSSSSSSSS?!?!??!?!?!?

14. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Very nice trade. Jones looked great last season. I knew he was out of there though, they invested to much in Benson.

Jones will be an EXCELLENT compliment to Washington, and I honestly can't think of better one.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, I'm officially on board, I just honestly didn't remember the guy. I was even at the Bears game and I remember them running the ball on us but I just didn't remember it was him.

It's almsot a ridiculous trade in terms of draft picks.. one that will stand out for years to come as an unbelievable value. We've goven up almost nothing (26 spots), so I hope we can sign him to a decent deal. If that happens, this is a totally fantastic deal.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Am I The Only One Frowning Over This Trade?

Why are you all so excited to get a 29 year old RB who gets hurt a lot, has only had two 1,000 yard seasons, and can't get over a 4.5 avg to save his life?

We just hobbled down 20 spots in the draft for that? I was hoping to get 1st round potential with that first 2nd round pick....guess that's not happening.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No , there are 2 of you. 105-2.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i have no clue why theyre letting him go. but parcells himself spoke well of columbo in numerous press conferences. the guy has little experience but excelled last yr.

19. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You still need a #1 RB in your plan.... What are you going to spend and where are you going to get it?

We still may get a 1st round talent in the 2nd round - Possibly a Guard or LB in this draft.

Even if Jones gives us 3 good years, we'll probably draft another RB next year or the next.

One less hole to fill - Good character guy /Leader....

I can be a Darksider at times but, this deal is tough to punch a hole through unless they demand a sick contract.

20. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

we are now going into to camp knowing who is our #1 QB and #1 RB, we are already light years ahead of last years team at this time.