Chris Houston CB Arkansas

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Murrell2878, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What does everyone know about Chris Houston? I just read this and all I can say is WOW!

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Chris Houston just made a bunch of money. He probably will be a top 15 pick and over take Leon Hall, who I'm not impressed with, he's way overrated. Houston speed is tremendous, and he's a "Football Player" and has shutdown many very good receivers.

3. genom

genom Active Member

wow what a skyrocket up the boards. Wasn't this guy considered about a 2nd to 3rd round talent at the end of the season?

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Lately, IMO, Houston was a very late or early 2nd rd pick............he's now in the high rent district. Very similar to Dunta Robinson in 2004, he flew up the draftboards became the 10th overall pick.

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I would've liked him at 25 if we didn't sign a FA corner, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen now. I could see Hall having a Jimmy Williams-like slip, going from a top 10 pick to a 2nd rounder this year.

6. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I hit the enter button twice

#6 Trey Ko, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  7. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Being here in the south east, I had a chance to watch him a lot. He is a very good player with the potential to be a shut down corner.

I think that he is light years ahead of what Batman Caroll was.

He's a prototypical cover corner and he is also not afraid to get his nose dirty against the run. He's a little on the short side, but he's physically gifted and has a lot of heart. He reminds me of a big college version of Tyrone Poole.

Here's a heads up for next season; watch for Tony Carter, CB from Florida State (incidentally, another one of my guys). He's a little on the small side at 170 pounds, but he may just prove to be the best cover corner in the '08 draft.

Another guy for you to keep an eye on for '09 is WR Rocky Ross of Central Florida (You got it, my guy!). After Mike Walker (UCF) ran a 4.35 less than 2 years removed from reconstructive surgery, Rocky will be looked at just as well. Rocky is 6'2" 200 lbs and runs a low 4.5; he was the second leading receiver on UCF as a true sophomore last season.

This is just a heads up.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Damn... He's a no brainer at #25 if he's there.

However, one thing that could scare teams away from this Arkansas Cornerback... Ahmad Carroll.

9. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

If that's the case, everyone should be weary of a Penn State running back, with only Curt Warner and Larry Johnson the only backs worth a damn out of there in the last 25 years!!!!

10. JetFanInPA

I was thinking of 2 other recent CBs from Arkansas who didn't fare well either, but I just realized that those 2 guys weren't from Arkansas...

11. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Just so everyone knows, Leon Hall ran a 4.39 40 at the combine. I'm pretty sure that keeps him in round 1, anthough top corner is still questionable.

12. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

Oh whats that one word Im looking for......... oh hold up I almost have it........ wait its on the tip of my tounge........ I got it now............

BUST!!!

This guy has bust written all over him. He was considered a mid round pick heading into the draft and he puts up a good forty time that has everyone drooling over him.

Trey Ko: I saw Arkansas play a lot this year and we must have been watching different games this year because I did not see a corner who was good in run support and tackling at all.

This is Ahmod Carroll part 2!

13. JetFanInPA

You know who will fall now?

Darrelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh. With the emergance of Chris Houston, Aaron Ross and the great 40 times of Marcus McCauley and Leon Hall, this leaves Revis to potentially fall a bit.

I like this guy. He's great in run-support too, which is what we need from our CBs.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/darrellerevis.html

#13 JetFanInPA, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  14. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

He did not do too bad against LSU, and they had the best receivers this side of USC; in fact, they had better receivers than USC!!!

15. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

wow, wow, wow, wow, I gotta stop you there, USC has D.Jarrett and S.Smith, which is a way better tandem then D.Bowe and C.Davis

16. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Houston is a stud. He will definitely be the first corner taken.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

SEC Defenses> Pac 10 Defenses

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

every year theres some guy that runs a good 40 time and gets drafted way before he should because of it, and heres this years version

19. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Houston does scare me a bit because of his limited history; I think that has more to do with his conservative early ranking than anything. Therefore, its not as if his great combine turns him into a Mike Mamula type, it's just a fact of compiling more info on him. I would have liked to see him go through another season to see how he would do once "the book" was out on him, but I don't think his meteoric rise up draft boards should scare you away in itself.

#19 vilmatic, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  20. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

He's just this year's version of the corner that flies up the boards during workouts, usually it's an underclassmen that no one paid any attention to until about 2 weeks pre combine. Plus, the last player of that type that didn't have success was Batman Carroll; Dunta Robinson, Fabian Washington, and Jonathan Joseph have all ben fairly good, Nnamdi Asomugha had himself a year too. Obviously Pacman Jones was a great talent too, he just had other issues...