David Carr's future in doubt?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Do what you want, Buddy, I could care less. It's a message board. Regarding a double standard, you may want to look up what that means. I can send you an English/southern dictionary if you need one.

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

what goes around, comes around!

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

When you send the dictionary, make it the one from BROOKLYN ,as that is where I am from! See what happens when you make assumptions! 9th Av and 18 the St is the place! However, you seem to have a problem with the South. I also have spent lots of time in SOUTH BROOKLYN. Got it BACCALA? Oh I even lived in IRVINGTON, NJ for a few years!

4. Italian Seafood

Haha, that's your problem.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

What a weird thread.

Personally, I think Carr would be an upgrade over Chad, but I'm not sure by how much. See he's got the better arm, he's tough as hell, he's accurate, and he's got no injury history. Still, theres the effects of having to run for you life every game of your career and how it will affect his play in the future.

All I know is he's not going to be a Jet. Too many teams will want him and will want him to start and be the QB of the future.

6. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Carr will never be a viable NFL QB. Kenny O'Brien is a prime example. Once a QB takes hit upon hit it wears a QB out. They're better QB's to be found in the NFL's bargain basement.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Maybe arm strength, If David Carr is considered an up grade why did he look like a rookie when they played us. What 6 years in the league now! The kid looks terrible. You see a few nice long shots down field but not much else. If this guy wasn’t cast away on a fledging team then he might have had the opportunity to develop. Since he’s come into the league all he’s done is picked him off the ground after every other play and then he throws a pick. (Sounds like Vinny’s first couple of years in the league) No way is he an upgrade over Chad!

8. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

I think if David Carr found himself with a team capable of actually PROTECTING him..He'd be a solid NFL QB. Not sure he'd be an elite superstar...but he'd be a strong QB capable of putting up some Pro Bowl Numbers from time to time and possibly leading his team far into the playoffs.

Just my gut feeling.

9. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I wouldnt mind getting Carr if he gets released. He would give Chad and Kellen a run for thier money

10. JetsLookingforDWare

Agreed Steel Curtain, my take is all on my gut too. It's not all gut of course, theres signs Carr has more potential than the Texans allow him to show (arm strength and completion% are pluses). I've always trusted my eye for talent though, even though I'm probably better at it with baseball.

11. CanadianJetsFan

CanadianJetsFan New Member

I am also a Texans fan and I hope Carr leaves

12. GreenMachine

So saying no QB would do well other than Manning and Brady with that line is defending Chad?

YOU brought up Chad...not me...

Message Board 101.

13. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

do you mean you "couldnt care less"?

14. Italian Seafood

Actually, yes.