David Carr's future in doubt?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The point is obvious. Without an Ol, NO QB would look good, even Manning! That is NOT CHADWICK bashing, it is a dose of reality! CARR gets a bad rap here, and what did you say to defend him? ZERO! Yet, you are ready to defend CHAD !! Is that a double standard? YES!

2. Kentucky Jet

I wish you would have a bit more to say in a football sense other then a personal attack!

3. GreenMachine

Who bashed Carr? And also why should I defend Carr?

So, according to you we are Carrist.

Also, how often have we had a David Carr discussion for you to establish that he gets a bad rap on TGG?

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

And why does he always write CHADWICK in caps like that? Did he sleep with KyJet's girlfriend/sister back in the south somewhere?

5. Kentucky Jet

if you would read the various responses concerning CARR, some guys do blast CARR. The guy has not had the luxury of an OL. Again, that was the point and there was NO attack on CHAD. No QB could survive with the number og hits the guy has taken. If he gets to a team that can protect him I believe he would be a good QB. Try not to be melodramatic! I did not accuse TGG of giving him a bad rap. I said a few guys that have responed to this thread did and you did nothing to defend him as you did when you THOUGHT you saw a slight of CHAD by me. And exactly who is"WE"? I accused you of a double standard, not another soul here! LOL Time to get over it!

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The FO of the Texans would be nuked if they gave up on Carr now. Their fanbase wanted Young, badly. I cannot imagine what would happen if they drafted a 1st round QB this year. Mayhem in the streets?

As far as Carr goes, I think the Vinny analogy is spot on. Get Carr on a team as talented as the 97 Ravens or the 98 Jets and he would flourish.

7. Kentucky Jet

time to grow up baccala! Garbage like you wrote has NO place on a board like this! ( if you can't discuss things as an adult would, refrain from personal attacks!) We all can not agree on everything.

#27 Kentucky Jet, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  8. Kentucky Jet

and I certinly agree with you on that!

9. GreenMachine

Please show me where I bashed Carr. I simply said other than Brady or Manning all QBs would suck there.

Time to get over it.

10. Kentucky Jet

who said that you blasted CARR? Try READING COMP 101! and then maybe you'll get over it! lol END!

#30 Kentucky Jet, Feb 7, 2007
  11. GreenMachine

Are you serious?

You said I had a double standard, which would be implying I bashed Carr because I supported Pennington.

Nice try.

12. Kentucky Jet

READING COMP 101 would really help you, I think. I was kidding at first but you do need HELP! I never said that you blasted CARR- for the fifth time.
    I SAID THAT OTHERS HERE HAVE AND YOU DID NOT COME TO HIS DEFENSE LIKE WHEN YOU *(THOUGHT I was attacking Chad unfairly. I asked if you had a double standard! ROTFLMAO! IMO any QB that does not have an OL is vulnerable to poor play and that includes BRADY/ Manning. This is apparently getting too complicated for you so I will refrain from debating this with you any further. There is NO sense to it at this point!

13. Italian Seafood

I think the difference is that Carr has never led his team close to a winning record, where Pennington has been to the playoffs every year he's been healthy. So I don't know that it's a double standard, just that some people get tired of bitching when the guy wins. If you lose all the time, is it bashing or is it fair criticism? Of course Carr is on a bad team, but what were the Jets supposed to be this year? Different guys, different situations, you can't just say it's a double standard.

14. Kentucky Jet

I will explain my DOUBLE STANDARD comment for you! GREEN MACHINE rose to defend CHAD when he perceived that I was attacking him, and did not do the same for CARR when others that have responded in this thread attacked him wrongly. CARR has played on a bad team with NO OL in front of him. A fan will defend any player that is wrongly criticized, even CHAD! If CHAD did not have an OL in front of him, how would he do? That is the question that I originall asked befor e all this started. I will answer my own question: CHAD would do poorly just as ANY QB would do under like circumstances therefore to denigrate CARR only is wrong! I did not say you or GREEN MACHINE said anything wrong other then your personal attack on me!

#34 Kentucky Jet, Feb 7, 2007
  15. OJDidIt

OJDidIt Banned

THat is one 'Carr' that is going to breakdown soon. hehehe.

16. Kentucky Jet

LOL! The guy has taken quite a beating since he was drafted. I'd love to see him on a team that can protect him. He just might open a few eyes!

17. Italian Seafood

What personal attack? Can't take a sister joke down there?

Once again, two different situations. This is a Jets board and the last three years we've had Chad healthy we've gone to the playoffs, so people here are going to be quicker to defend him--and they have more ammo to do so--than to defend a QB like Carr. What can you defend Carr with besides he's tough, he's on a bad team and the girls like him? That's not a double standard, it's a different situation entirely.

18. Kentucky Jet

would you be happy is I made a dumb reference about your mother, sister, girlfriend etc? I doubt it.

Try looking up DOUBLE STANDARD. I am done with trying to explain it to you, BACCALA!

19. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

...Pot...Kettle...Black?

20. Kentucky Jet

Carr has been sacked 249 Times in 76 Games, Fumbleing 68 (27% of the time)
    Penny has been sacked 106 Times in 60 Games, Fumbleing 30 (28% of the time)

Not any better in that department, but certaintly not worse then Pennington.