hey guys

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KyleJetfan, Feb 3, 2007.

1. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Well, im back. Hey Jabba and Mantana, been awhile. Just to give a little update, Im Kyle. Been a member here awhile, but havent posted. Played SS at SDSU when Marshall Faulk was there and now im a coach in NJ. Im 32 and have strong beliefs in our Jets(jabba can atest to that) That being said, I am very impressed with our team, but I STRONGLY believe that a D-line is the ONLY way to be successful. My secondary backround is good but, a secondary only makes plays if the D-line make the QB throw before he wants to. Now think about that. I am a 6'1 234lb safety or, was haha and ill admit that the Dline is responsible for every play I made. Asante? Naaaa, too much money. By the way Rhodes is the real deal. Anyway hey jabba, look forward to yer draft info, Good to be back, and yes, Im still the one who pushed for Ed Reed over Bryan Thomas, and Keyshawn is still my top 3 Jets ever! Haha later fellas

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You weren't the only one, but finally it looks like Bryan Thomas is making plays.

3. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

haha actually myself and a few others started a draft Ed Reed campaign kinda like everyone else did foe Heath Miller haha

4. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

You'd better be darn fast to be a safety at 6'1'' 234 ;)

Actually that's almost exactly Vilma's size.

Always good to bring back a quality poster from yesteryear. Now if only we could get Jabba and Mezzavo to post around here more often!

5. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Who do you think our Jets should draft this year??

6. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think Carriker might be a good selection at #24 if he's there, and one of the RBs or OLBs is bound to slip to us at #37. Not sure what to do about the NT position.

I know alot of people are opposed to drafting another OL in the first round, but at the same time everyone says we need a dominant run blocking OG. What if Blalock is available at #24?

7. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Carriker was a beast in Mobile (senior bowl) no way the guy even makes it out of the top 15 now, he is a big 3/4 DE, that is def. in need with the 3-4 happy NFL, he will be taken in the top 15, if he falls out (which wont happen) then take him, but don't get to excited over it

8. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Well, everyone knows our most glaring needs, DT, RB,pass rush, however, at their current spot, best available is the way to go. Those two 2nd round picks are gonna be the ace in the hole.

9. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

Tangini said they will try to satisfy all their glaring needs in FA and then just draft the best player.....I am not sure how they are going to do that....

10. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

no matter what , we should think bap

11. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

lol, i had my cat type that, i held his paw over the button and he pressed down...lmao

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I didn't know you from your more active days here, but welcome back in any case. I hope you have pretty thick skin, because that's what it takes to hang around here anymore.

I noticed you didn't mention a need at the right side of the O line. After a run stopping DE that can get 6 or 7 sacks, I think that is the next biggest area of need. As of right now, we don't have a RT. With all of these "we need an RB" posters, I think what we need is an O line that can run block and open some holes, some running lanes to the second level. I look at the current roster, and see two spots where we don't have a proven or even overly promising player to step in.... DE and RT. We need two starters.... at those two positions, which is why I'm so anti-Turner for a pick opinionated. I'd like to upgrade at other spots, but these two positions are mile wide gaping holes as of now IMO.

Whatya think?

13. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Wow. Great to see you back, Kyle. It has been a LONG while.

14. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

[​IMG]