New Jets/giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hi Champ,

Take a look at the number of posts and you have your answer. This poster posts as if this is a new topic, something up for debate that still requires a decision.

You have to ask yourself: if this kind of poster had all along been a legitimate, interested, passionate Jets fan, he would have been on board with the debating long ago, back when the WSS concept was still in its infancy. He doesn't realize all the above arguments were voiced (and much more articulately) many, many months ago.

Raising these feeble objections after the fact is like discussing yesterday's weather.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Exactly & at least MHO makes them all look pretty silly. Whats done is done & it is time to look towards the terrific stadium that will be 1/2 ours. Hopefuly all present NYJ season tix holders will be able to afford the PSLs that will be forthcoming shortly

3. Section 227. Row 5

I had a lot more respect for the guys who were on this board last spring, voicing their opinions about the WSS and other options still on the table at the time. Even if their objections or concepts or possible solutions were extreme and outlandish, I still respected them for jumping on the topic right away, while it was still news, and for being involved and caring Jets fans.

A lot of them were quite passionate about the stadium location and we had some great debates over it, but at least they were on board early with this subject and you could tell they wanted their voices heard while they still thought it might matter (it never did, of course, it never really mattered what any of us said), but you get the point... they were here while it was new news.

Now, with every new development in the progress of the stadium, you've got what basically amounts to trolls coming on board whining, "Why can't we own our own stadium?" They even spread misinformation like, "It'll still be known as Giants Stadium."

What absolutely assinine nonsense.

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter where they build the stadium for me becuase the overpriced psl will cuase me to loose me season tickets anyway. Get your suits ready for gameday people becuase the average guy can no longer afford to be a fan

5. championjets69

Based on a final 1.4B for construction costs our share would be 700M & based on 82,000 seats I figure the PSL at $8,500.00 per seat to get Woody back his 700M in one shot

6. championjets69

Yes it is & it sure shows the abilities of many posters on the TGG

7. Section 227. Row 5

And this would be a real shame, too, Hoobash. I'm concerned about PSL's also. Charging PSL's would be the height of arrogance, IMO... the icing on the cake.

But I suppose the bean counters could care less. They look at the waiting list and tell themselves, "Well, somebody will step up and take Hoobash's seats." I'm just not so sure this will be such an easy sell for them, though.

Yeah, sure, the average guy on the Wait List is licking his chops over the possibility of moving up to the top after guys like you or me throw in the towel. They figure this is the chance they've waited for. But then it's gonna be like, "Be careful what you wish for."

When they get the notice in the mail that the 4 Mezz seats they wanted (that used to belong to Section 227) have a PSL of $5,000 each and the ticket price went from $95 to $135, they'll do the math and figure out they need to send in $20,000 now and $5400 every spring, starting now.

Many of them will sh!t in their pants as they figure they have to write out a check for $25,400. And if they now decline, they lose all the money they put in over the years to be on their f*cked up Waiting List.

So, this is a lose-lose for everyone, even the guys on the waiting list. I suppose none of it matters though, because they'll get Chase Manhatten or some other large corp to step up and buy the tickets, so they can entertain and perk their out-of-town executives while getting a tax writeoff to boot.

The whole thing spells the demise of the average, die-hard, Jets-fan family being able to take their kids to a Jets game where they'll really get into rooting for the team. Their place in the stadium gets replaced by some uncaring, out-of-town white collar jerk-off from Des Moines who's really a Chicago Bears fan and could care less if the Jets win or lose.

Now THAT'S real smart!

8. championjets69

Actually it does cause the PSL would be higher if Woody built the WSS on his own

9. Section 227. Row 5

This is SO true, and something very rarely mentioned among the intial arguments against the WSS.

Not only would the cost of the WSS have been astronomical compared to the current shared stadium cost (and I don't care about the incremental "bumps" they're now talking about... these cost increases would have been present and probably higher with the WSS stadium), PSL's would have more likely been necessary and a higher amount than the Meadowlands.

I can't imagine what the final cost of constructing our own building in Manhatten would have been. We can all agree it would have been off the charts and for sure the Jets would have had to charge PSLs.

10. baamf

baamf Active Member

This is my biggest fear as well 227. You and I always seemed to agree on the stadium issue through all those past posts, and one of my biggest hopes was that the shared stadium would keep the costs low enough so us average fans are not pushed out. My fingers are still crossed, but these escalating building costs are definitely going to give the owners something to think about in regards to PSLs. We'll see what happens....

11. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

yeah i know everything is already set in stone. i just needed something to do until draft day comes around which then i look forward to the season. but in the mean time just try to make some interesting points

12. championjets69

See IMHO the problem here is that the non season tix holders who have no interest in PSLs are happily saying build the WSS or our own stadia & who cares for the season tix holder cause we are not the ones who will be paying there hard earned money for the PSLs

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Have they officially said there will be PSL's? I'd like to hold out a little hope that the backlash from the fans of two teams may persuade them not to do it. That's highly doubtful, but I don't remember reading anywhere that either team officially said "yes, we will be charging PSL's".

14. championjets69

OK some would call this trolling & what new interesting points can U now bring to the table if you know the stadia table has already being set?

15. championjets69

No not yet just speculation that will be the final conclusion of the matter. Some time ago the NYJs did say they would "try" to keep PSLs low as they are aware of the costs of them will have on present season tix holders to continue to be season tix holders. All I did is take the NYJs share of the building costs divided it by the supposed amount of seats to come up with the number required by Woody to get his money back immediately

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

In addition, I posted an article last year where the Giants owner stated they would do everything they can to not have to force PSLs on people, but they weren't ruling anything out. These sky rocketing costs are going to make it difficult for sure....

17. Section 227. Row 5

I remember this also, Baamf, and I think both clubs have honestly done what they needed to do to try to make PSLs unnecessary by cooperating with one another on the joint venture.

I can't imagine the cost of each organization having to build their own stadium... it would have been totally off the charts. I also think there are enough residuals (other profit centers) for both organizations, such as restaurants, retail stores, etc., that might help curtail the need for PSLs.

Don't forget folks, if one club decides to charge PSLs, it probably means the other will have to go along. It'll be both or none, because the media will have a field day with one charging and the other one not. So we're talking about a fan base of both Jets and Giants ticketholders that will be pissed. I can't imagine how much negative press will be generated by both sets of fans if they try to stick it to us.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

umm no trolling... specially since im the one who started this thread and im just trying to stay active in it and discuss the stadium even though people know its set in stone. but at the same time look at the number of post so obviously people felt a certain way about the stadium and needed to get it off there chest....

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

champ youre killing me with your use of the word stadia. it is plural dude. the cowboys are not building a stadia...they are a building a stadium. cmon bro....

20. championjets69

H'mm sorry guy IMHO U are trolling concerning which had been settle many moons ago see U knew it was a done deal. See 227 post in this regard