Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Malachi Corely? Xavier Gipson? Alan Lazard?

For Davante Adams? Fucking lol. Y'all want something for nothing.

2. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

If Joe douglas is being that tight then Adams can just stay a Raider. Even though I want his boring ass diva shit gone.

3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson being "untouchable" to me makes no reality sense. As once you get past the very reach'y wishcasting on certain things the biggest loser of this trade probably ends up being Garrett Wilson. A guy who is already clearly unhappy with how this offense is being run and his situation in it.

The most likely extended fallout outcome on the table here, probably by a mile, is Wilson just ends up being more unhappy overall when that league best level target share driving his future earnings potential goes bye bye. Which it will with Davante here. I don't care what script answer gets read out publically. No way Garrett Wilson is rooting for this trade to happen before he gets that first big payday imo.

I'd rather just roll with a Davante/Williams/Lazard/Corley lineup, and get ahead of that drama now, then give up anything more worthwhile just to preserve some fantasy picture of production that isn't going to ever actually happen within *OUR* current offense.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I am feeling more and more like this will happen. Rodgers wants it. Adams wants it.

I would do this deal, but I would have limits…not giving up a first round pick, or even a 2nd. I would not give up GW in trade no way no how…young, on a rookie deal, too much talent there. Honestly I would not want to give up either of Lazard or MW right now either…Lazard has been playing well now that he’s got AR throwing him the ball, and MW is starting to come on more and more. I would LOVE a WR room of DA/GW/AL/MW. That’s a pretty damn good group. If we have to give up any other receiver fine…

I also would not give up a 1st or 2nd, but if it’s something like a 3rd and Gipson, or Corley, then how do you not do that deal?

REVISion likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

3d and a Gipson, maybe, and even then that's a bit much, but 3d+Corley? We just traded up for the guy - 1st pick of the 3d round on a rookie deal. And it's not like he is a bust, he is still developing. That's too much to give up for my liking. 3d straight up for Adams is a fair deal at this point of his career, even somewhat generous. I know we want to win this year, but Raiders will lose him for nothing in the offseason and he will be 32 in two months. 3d round is the most I would offer and as @dawinner127 already posted, that's reportedly the consensus price around League circles. Either a 3d OR Corley, but not both IMO.

Jets79 and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Why would you give up Gipson?
    Finally a return guy that doesn't Berrios every kick.

Borat likes this.
  7. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

You guys want Davante Adams for nothing. Anyhoo...the deadline is weeks away.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Because scapegoating LaFleur wasn't enough, now we're scapegoating Garrett Wilson?!

REVISion and sozopol like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

3d rounder is nothing? I disagree. Let's talk after he is traded.

LAJet likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Amazing how I think most of us wish MILF was back. The guy wasn't great, but the level of incompetence we have now is mind boggling.

REVISion likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I gave up on all the promised saviors of the Jets years ago.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think the second part of your "if" clause is the much tougher sell; enough so to make it better to walk away from the first.

13. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

I think of it this way...Joe Douglas's seat is on fire. Tom Telesco's seat is a cake of ice after having a pretty fucking solid draft. Davante Adams is not Tom Telesco's guy. He had nothing to do with that.

If Joe Douglas thinks he's in charge of this situation then he can keep thinking that until the 31st.

If these GMs think they can just steal Davante Adams away from the Raiders for nothing...well I think the Raiders can just keep him.

What difference would it make? They will win or lose without him. If no-one wants to pay the price then why should Telesco get had?

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I see it this way. Interested GMs will not give you two fucks about what Telesco wants if they don’t see fair value. This is not a one way street negotiation. If the price is two high, he can keep him, pay his salary till year end, arguably not get much out of his services, and even get less value next year for a 31 year old WR, where speed is everything. Telesco has vested interest to get the most out of DA sooner than later, and fair value is the key. What ever both parties agree that is.

#154 LAJet, Oct 3, 2024 at 10:39 PM
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2024 at 10:50 PM
  15. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Yes, Telesco needs to get the most out of DA as possible. If it's hardly anything at all then all of you can wait til next year. It's the same for Telesco either way.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is football Santa coming to us again tonight?

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I said he’s better than Allen Lazard not that he’s a savior

Lazard is replacement level. Its a low bar

REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Gipson shouldn’t even be the return man now. He’s brutal. No juice whatsoever. Everyone just remembers him from Buffalo week 1 but outside of that he’s been bad.

Izzy or Corley should get some run returning.

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You smell coal burning?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m fine with Gipson as the punt returner though. He catches everything and doesn’t retreat. Thats all you can ask for.

He does look slow as shit returning kicks though. You’re right - he was a nice story but I don’t even think he should be in the receiver rotation anymore.

westiedog1 likes this.