Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

That would be contingent on the Raiders being desirous and able to offer him a contract that he would agree to...what are the odds of that?

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There has to be some art in negotiation. Not like let's do an extra unnecessary pick swap (in Rodgers deal) even though GB has no choice but to accept your offer without it. Overpaying could fuck you for a long time. You can think from Raiders perspective too: for example if it is a 5th or no deal, take the 5th, the guy is not playing anyway, makes business decisions to not try, requested a trade and will be a FA.

Ultimately you need to arrive at a fair compensation from both sides. As you posted yourself 3d is what the belief is around the League, and I think it makes sense. We should not overpay but reach a reasonable deal, which to me is a 3d at most.

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Way to take a stand, Brook! :p

Brook! likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What ever will be will be. Won’t complain if we get Adams. But my first choice would be for a big run stuffer in the middle of our defense .

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Definitely. But if the deciding factor is the 3rd pick we got from Detroit -- again -- who cares? Rodgers is 41. Go for it.

They made their bed. Now lay in it. No half measures

Acad23 likes this.
  6. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

What on Earth would be the point of getting rid of a malcontent on the wrong side of 30 and his contract to trade for a malcontent on the wrong side of 30 and his contract?

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep I am a pussy :)

Acad23 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That little boy is smelling his finger! Where did he stick it? What does it all mean? Is there a proctological exam during the trade physical?

Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

i'll throw this hypothetical out there, and since I'm not crazy about parting with any more draft capital in the almost inevitable event we find ourselves basically blowing it all up and starting from scratch at the end of next year at the latest:

Garrett Wilson was in the media again last night essentially commenting on his unhappiness with how things are being done in NY. Who as myself and others have started chiming in over the last week probably doesn't end up ever reaching that "alpha" ceiling, at least while here, we had hoped on as a high lottery pick. He certainly hasn't shown enough consistency where you can comfortably project out a strong desire to want to pay him out a huge market contract in near future. I have concerns with Adams' age, but gun to my head and under a default assumption that Rodgers/Hackett are locked in here through 2025, if i'm picking between the 2 on which guy I believe can/will be more productive *HERE* between now and then I'm taking Davante over Wilson all day.

So that stated, and again in the hypothetical scenario where we don't want to punt any more future rebuild assets away on a ship that is probably more likely to end up sinking regardless, what does a Garrett Wilson for Davante trade end up looking like? Does it end up being straight up? Do they throw in a sweetener? Does that even interest vegas if they can't find another serious mid season taker out there?

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What exactly did he say?

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"Hackett sucks"...

KWJetsFan likes this.
  13. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

The initial quote, from a response to a question posed by Bart Scott on 98.7 ESPN New York, was posted by Rich Cimini of ESPN.com.

I don’t think we do a lot of different stuff to be honest,” Wilson said of the team’s offense. “When I watch football on Sundays and I see a lot of teams who mix it up and stuff like that. I don’t feel like we do that. I think we know our identity. It’s just about going out and executing it or figuring out if it’s going to work. I don’t think we’re trying a lot of different things.

“I know, personally, my route tree hasn’t been what it has been the last two years as far as the stuff I’ve been running. It’s just about figuring out if it’s the right identity and whether it’s going to win games.”

Borat likes this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

More or less.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I feel like I haven’t seen us complete or even attempt to complete a deep over or anything like that since Hackett’s gotten here. It’s all stop routes or back shoulders and shit.

Acad23, REVISion and abyzmul like this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d love to have Adams here and with the way he’s playing I’d ship Wilson out to get it done. The window is this season and next before a new rebuild anyway so might as well shoot their shot.

I just don’t know how things will work when Rodger’s has a bunch of clowns on the OL who don’t protect him and account for an unreal amount of negative yardage.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Thanks. This really sucks. Also seems to be a stab at Rodgers not Hack bringing up last two years comment. We really need him to break out, this is not good at all.

More...

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

AKA coaching scurred

19. The Hippo

The Hippo New Member

With all due respect, that's pretty asinine.