This was a gut wrenching loss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:55 PM.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Answer: Jets.

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Jets fan since 1981. Brutal decision that I've been too stubborn to abandon. Keys to being a Jets fan= low expectations, a sick sense of humor, and a love for the offseason.

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

After decades of unrequited love, I was finally able to take a step back emotionally the day Gase was hired, and nothing since then has pulled me back in. I don’t believe in the current JD/Saleh/Rodgers iteration and further, we all know the ultimate problem is Woody and that means I may never come back, at least while he’s the owner. But who knows, maybe in the next iteration he bumbles into something by dumb luck, some GM/coach/QB combo that works and is exciting and deserves our love and money. Until that day…

Cman68 likes this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think my time with it is beginning to wind down. The only games that I watch anymore are the Jets games. Don't feel even slightly interested in keeping up with the NFL anymore other than to check in and see how my fantasy team is doing for the one league I'm in (used to be in quite a few and run one myself). Didn't even watch it live today, watched the replay on NFL+, just like I did for the Titans game.

My interest in the NFL has been dwindling quite a bit, but I think the Jets are about ready to break whatever little bit of will is left to watch any of it.

nycarl and cval like this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Meh, maybe because I couldn't find a good stream for the game and I had to miss the first half. This just felt like a run of the mill dog shit SOJ game that happens 2-3 times a year. I was not overly gutted by it, casual disappointment.

I do think the Jets are more or less screwed until they recycle the coaching staff. The only thing you can hope for is a great player (Rodgers) can will them into the playoffs. It's really difficult to think of a worse staff, and impossible one that is worse 4 years into their regime.

#25 JackBower, Sep 29, 2024 at 7:52 PM
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 8:18 PM
    Acad23 and REVISion like this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The answer my friend is spending most of the fall in Florida ! For the next 7 weeks I get to watch NFL red zone or get national games, not the Jets.. by the time I get back here for the thanksgiving day games the Jets will either be dead and forgotten or will surprise us all and be challenging for a playoff spot... either way I get to put away the xanax and tums for a while ; )

Brook! likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

same.

Always raining at MetLife. Always losing.

Brook! likes this.
  8. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Sat in another rainy game(Why does it rain every Sunday home game) and expected a different result unlike all the others. Ofcourse, I was wrong. Same frustrating result.

I won't overreact, as I believe Rodgers can clean it up, but man our HC is clueless. 13 penalties....

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In Washington, Daniels is front runner for rookie of the year, and they're 3-1 with Snyder finally gone. And I live in Washington. I could justifiably switch to being a Commanders fan at this point, and I might just do it.

Cman68 and jets_fan like this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's time for the fans to abandon this franchise.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The years are piling , and I’m getting old and tired of looking forward to another clean up and rebuild. We have a hof qb now. He may be 40, but if it’s not gonna happen now, then it probably never will.

jets_fan likes this.
  12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

After about 20 minutes I expected us to lose this game. We played sloppy, we weren't prepared, the blocking on the offensive line was not good in the running game or the passing game and the whole offense (except braelon allen) just did not seem ready to play. The defense wasn't perfect, but they played well enough for us to win the game. Only letting up 10 points, especially after that early turnover on our side of the field, should have been good enough to win. It's hard to fathom just how flat and unprepared we looked coming into this critically important game at home with a chance to go 3-1.

Jets79 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"I had to miss the first half."

Lucky SOB

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I know you're asking "how" rhetorically, but that is a question we have asked of this team many, many, many times over the years. None of this should have been surprising. Unfortunate, repulsive, annoying, disgusting, yes. Surprising? Not at all.

Brook! likes this.
  15. The_Darksider

I began decade number 5 a couple of years ago. Five different fucking decades of the same goddamn thing. I almost envy the younger guys, they didn't have to sit through these exact types of losses in the '90s, a lot of bad losses with similar characteristics in the '80s, it's just brutal. Yes, you develop a thicker skin, you learn to laugh at it, you learn to be disgusted and move on, but for some reason, this one today is the worst one in a while for me. I haven't let them ruin my day in a long time, and today they absolutely ruined my day.

Cman68 and nycarl like this.
  16. The_Darksider

Yeah, exactly. A few minutes ago, I thought to myself, hey, at least we can root for the draft pick. Like we've done so many times. But even that's not exciting anymore. Not only is there no confidence that they will make the right pick, but there's no confidence whatsoever that we will make the right pick for the guy who would make the right pick.

17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Brook, I am so sorry and I am glad the tailgating was a success. Does anyone think AR will be able to finish this season with all the hits he is taking?

Sorry I have not been posting a lot lately, I am dealing with a very sick Mom. This game was very frustrating to watch. I expected an easy victory for the Jets today. I am not sure what was worse seeing my Pats destroyed by SF or watching the Jets do everything to give this game away. The more I think about it, this game was worse to watch because I had no illusions of the Pats beating SF.

It's a long season, so maybe the Jets can turn things around, but I would not be my paycheck on this.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I felt we were going to lose before the game started

I kept saying in the other thread how this was the classic trap game and it turned out to be so

Saleh has to go…this team is NEVER ready to play…the seven thousand penalties were inexcusable…just such an undisciplined team and that’s on coaching

Frenbar likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us kinda knew they’d blow this game. The Jets typically don’t win games they’re “suppose” to.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The bolded tells me you don't know anything about the NY Jets at all.