Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes
    No

Favre did it.... and Rodgers is better than Favre and actually wants to be here

abyzmul likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Honestly I think Favre took one look at Brian Schottenheimer's playbook and was like "Nope, not learnin that shit. I'll just draw it up on my hand, Schotty, go sit over there an drink a wine cooler or something."

stinkyB likes this.
  3. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

I think Rodgers and Hackett are finding their way as they move along.
    Hackett might be slow and Rodgers is still getting the O acclimated fully to what he wants. He's trying to get them all to understand what he sees and wants to be max efficient. He's a perfectionist
    Rodgers is way ahead them all, including Saleh, Hackett and some of the O players. It was never gonna happen immediately.
    Then I think Saleh started chirping at them and distracting them.
    There's nothing worse than being distracted in an intense complicated situation that's needs full focus and cooperation. He sees stuff and they don't. So now it's your turn to really hear what you need to hear Saleh.
    It's not personal in the end.
    That's my .02 cents

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Oliver! LOL!

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

abyzmul likes this.
  6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Nice, but I think that was before everyone else played their 3rd game. The X post is from Saturday night.
    Rodgers - 3 games
    Everyone else - 2 games

Ill Will likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks for the clarification. I just saw it on my X timeline today and posted here.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Okay. I was kinda surprised by that

9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It was crazy to see Aaron running around like a 30 yr old in first half then he seemed to age 10 yrs in the second half. Now they face the Vikings defense who even if they do not beat u ,hit the qb a lot.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Rebuilt offensive line allowed him to get hit 14 times. There isn’t much to put on Rodgers shoulders in this game. He played his fucking ass off trying to will this dogshit franchise to a win.

stinkyB, teamgreen and jets_fan like this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Hopefully he's not banged up too bad. He's pretty much the only bright spot we have going for us at the moment, and that's coming from someone who has rooted against him his entire career.

12. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

both lines got bullied today. Weak sauce.

Acad23 likes this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think Aaron will join a long list of quarterbacks the Jets will ultimately need to apologize to because they set them up for failure one way or another.

#33 JackBower, Sep 29, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2024
    SOJAZ, Jonathan_Vilma and jets_fan like this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Rodgers probably saw the team that beat him in Green Bay and thought “I can get another ring with that defense”.

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

How many games more does he last... i forgot my prediction, i thik it was out by game 8

16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Anyway

we're ranked 22nd in yards/game
    21st in pts/game
    and Mr Rodgers and his cardigan are 19th in QBR right at the mendoza line of 50.1 half QBs are better half worse

MEH

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

See, it's these kind of don't you dare scratch below the surface comments that keeps bringing me back to pointing out the truths everybody hates hearing and seemingly like to label me a Rodgers "hater".

"WE DON"T NEED A COMPETENT OC OR COACHING ROOM WHEN YOU HAVE AARON RODGERS AS YOUR QB"

That sounds familiar right? it should. For over a year now we've been hearing some variation or another of that out of the large majority of the regular posters on this message board. Many many times over in fact. It's pretty much been the underlying rallying cry carrying the lofty 2024 expectations from the start, and with even Rodgers himself making it a point this spring to tell everybody to "trust me" when he was questioned about whether keeping Hackett around should be concerning after 2 historically bad seasons in a row with him at the helm of an offense.

In the end everybody who was buying in to that got what they wanted here. Rodgers got what he wanted here. That majority of the fanbase wanted a better QB then anything we've had, and even in the event it had to come at the expense of a terribly coached offense. Rodgers wanted his savior slot at the head of this franchise, and he wanted to take that shot with his dear buddy at his side.

*THAT* is exactly the product we are being presented with on the field. That is exactly what we signed up, that is exactly what Rodgers signed up for, and that is exactly what many of you CHEERED for. Deciding after-the-fact that you were wrong on whether Rodgers could or was going to offset having a terrible coached offense isn't changing any of that either. What's done is done.

WE as fans owe Rodgers the apology here? GTFO here with that bs imo. If anything Rodgers owes the fans here an apology imo for every day this season Nathaniel Hackett isn't fired and the attempt isn't made to at least bring *SOMEBODY* into that coaching room that at least gives us a dart throw chance to make things better. For both us, and himself. His own ego or concerns over a personal relationship be damned.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nobody has time to read all that

but if your point is that Rodgers isn’t the savior I agree and think most would

abyzmul likes this.
  19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Was anyone making this argument? Pretty sure most people considered it a huge mistake that the Jets didn't move on from Hackett this past offseason.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Absolutely, and the many people who made it know who they are without me posting all the receipts.

My point here isn't to even call that or Rodgers out. He's actually easily the best thing about watching the team this year. Just pointing out that portraying him as a victim in the current overall outcome that is suffering due to bad coaching, which is largely a product of his own making, is pretty absurd imo

Ralebird and LAJet like this.