FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps more accurately, there never was a window in the first place.

Teams that actually try to win have windows within which to do it. The Jets are not a serious franchise. Never have been, never will be.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And from the ashes rose a Phoenix. Who said fuck this shit, I'm outta here.

Fiftynine likes this.
  3. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

As much as I think Saleh has his hands all over this loss does Denver win the game today without JFM?

5. jets_fan

Nobody that can right this ship.

Fiftynine likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think Joe Douglas Is legit but I am convinced at this point that this coaching staff ain’t It. So If we lose em both. Meh.

That Is the kind of games that get you fired. I don’t know how anyone denies that at this point.

Ozymandias and Borat like this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

honestly curious - what makes you think he is legit? the o-line has got worse not better during his time, the 2022 draft is looking like fools gold, he was behind the drafting of ZW, what has he actually done well?

NYCriminal, Bellys Lies and jets_fan like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This really is it. Everything else is redundant.

teamgreen likes this.
  9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

He was rated the worst HC in the NFL during the offseason and he and his team have never done anything for me to question that assessment. More than anything else, he does not show that he'd capable of improvement. He's the same shitty HC this year that he was 3 years ago.

burf and Brook! like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’m done with this guy. Let’s get a real coach in here. Even an interim guy could take over

11. jets_fan

He has done absolutely NOTHING to prove himself to be legit. Quite the opposite, in fact.

We can't send him and Saleh packing soon enough. Making the change at HC and GM tomorrow would be in the best interest of the team.

teamgreen likes this.
  12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It's mind blowing we have the best roster since probably 2010, yet we put forth the worst head coach in the NFL while there are way better options out there who have won games in the playoffs and overachieved (Vrabel, Carrol)

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Ton Middleton was the interim coach that game that Saleh had Covid. The team definitely seems to appreciate and respect him but he also seems a bit hokie for lack of a better word. He’s a bit of a country bumpkin, not sure how that plays in NY. The other option is to promote Ulbrich. He’s also a bit of a musclehead like Saleh but maybe he’s got a little more fortitude to motivate the players and hold them accountable.

Firing Saleh now would be a massive statement. On one hand there’s never been a SB winning team that fired a coach mid season, but on the other it’s clear Saleh does not have the team prepared and he does not have the respect of the players to do their jobs and mind the details. He just asked his star QB to dim his greatness instead of holding the team accountable. Firing him makes a big statement.

14. HomeoftheJets

Of the three guys in charge (Douglas, Saleh, Hackett), Saleh is the least of the problems. He's a mediocre coach, and I won't shed a tear when he's gone. But it's the same scapegoating that was done to LaFleur and Bowles before him, and firing him will fix nothing.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

These are the things that matter to me In a criteria format for what makes a good GM:

Salary
    Roster
    Draft
    ProFA
    UDFA
    Trade
    Negotiation

I think he has been above average at all of these except for Salary. Even that, we've seen worse.

I look at that offensive line and there should be absolutely NO REASON for them to be bad, but you know what can really limit a player, a squad? Scheme... Coaching.

I could list the pros and cons, I wont, but If you do an honest assessment with that criteria. You can make your own conclusion.

16. HomeoftheJets

Honest assessment of the Jets talent:

Rodgers: Borderline top 10 QB, still very good but not what he was. Also 40 years old
    Hall/Allen: Two very good running backs but not elite
    Wilson: A legit number one receiver but not elite
    Williams/Lazard/Conklin: Below average depth
    Offensive line: Best one we've had in Douglas's tenure but that's not saying much. Pretty average

D-Line: Reddick is a zero. Quinnen is elite but was a Maccagnan pick. McDonald is very good. Depth is a concern
    Linebacker: Quincy is elite. Mosley is washed but also a Maccagnan guy. Sherwood is decent
    Cornerback: Sauce, Reed, and Carter are an elite unit
    Safety: Adams and Clark are a meh unit
    Kicker/Punter: Zuerlein was very good last year, is bad this year. Morstead is very good

Overall: Above average roster + below average coaching = average team. If Saleh is responsible for firing LaFleur and hiring Hackett, then I blame him for this season. If that was Douglas, then Saleh is nothing more than Scapegoat 2.0, LaFleur having been Scapegoat 1.0. Either way, this is pretty sad for what was supposed to be the Super Bowl window. Between guys aging, guys wanting to get paid, and Rodgers being 40 years old, it's very unlikely that Douglas will be able to assemble a better team than this one. Guy gets to go 27-56 as GM with this being the promised fruit after all that losing, guy deserves to go the way of Idzik and Maccagnan.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The most Jets thing ever was hiring Hackett immediately after his disastrous tenure as the Broncos head coach. I said it back then - it doesn’t matter if he was a brilliant OC or not (which he’s clearly now), you can’t hire that rotten stank into your culture.

Jets gonna Jet.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We haven't had a great coach since Rex Ryan. Say what you want about him but he was a guy you wanted on your side. Held guys accountable.

LAJet likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

Rex Ryan had his strengths for sure, but holding guys accountable was not one of them.

jets_fan likes this.
  20. jets_fan

It definitely wasn't. If anything, it was one of the biggest weaknesses he had.

HomeoftheJets likes this.