Post game observations - Jets vs Denver

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:20 PM.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Still coming off the ceiling so my observations might be exaggerated
    1- Embarrassing loss by an unprepared team. Undisciplined, frocked with stupid penalties, illegal motion, holding, encroachment, un sportsmanship penalties are all inexcusable. Root cause = This is a piss poorly coached team.
    2- Offensive play calling was dismally bad, Hackett is clueless at any level, not using the run properly, not using Allen on short yardage, forcing AR to roll out injured instead of shortening the field for a field goal, , just too many fuck ups to mention. - Hall had zero penetration and Allen was not used on such critical short yard plays.
    3- OL did not play well at all. No gaps, no significant holes for the running game. They got completely man handled by the Denver D. To me the only bright spot was Ole.
    4. Wilson is completely out of synch with AR. AR was a bit off but way too many broken routes by the receivers.
    Conclusion - This team is hampered by incompetent coaching more so than by lack of talented personnel. I believe is a crying shame that Mike Vrabel is sitting home and Saleh still has a job.

barfolomew, SOJAZ, mezzavo and 18 others like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The “rebuilt!!!!” offensive line looks like dogshit. Tippman gets manhandled every snap and Tyron Smith is a bag holder (shocking for a 34 year old mercenary).

Hackett is the worse offensive coordinator in the league. Saleh doesn’t coach anyone during the entire game and looks like he has zero involvement beyond encouraging half the sideline to run off the field if we force a turnover.

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

We are pretty much going to be out coached every game

SOJAZ, Borat, westiedog1 and 4 others like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The O-line looked amazing. Come on now, we all know that the best GM in Jets history, Mr. Joe Douglas, is the greatest O-line mastermind the NFL has ever seen.

It's only taken him six years to somehow make the O-line worse than what Adam Gase and Mike Maccagnan gave him on their way out the door.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Surprise surprise. Jets coaching sucks.

SOJAZ, 94Abraham, Borat and 4 others like this.
  6. jets_fan

Even more shocking, this "elite" roster that the greatest GM in the history of the NFL has put together looked like total crap. Overrated doesn't even begin to describe this team.

Woody should just embrace the inevitable now. Let's go for the all-time playoff drought record. I think we're slightly more than halfway there. This is the only thing this team is good at: sucking. Let's be the BEST there ever was at it.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Brook! like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Still no accountability on this team.

Hackett should be shown the door pronto if they want to save the season.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Think the jets need to leave the stretch plays alone…they just don’t seem to get a ton of leverage there…I get it’s to get Breece in space and on the edge. Let’s run some power and between the tackles instead. The best runs were not on the edge and with Allen in between said tackles.

IIMeanDeanII and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. jets_fan

If they want to have ANY chance, Saleh needs to go with him.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Every time they run the ball with duo or man blocks, Allen gains yards. Every time the stretch the ball, they lose yards. We’ve seen it for a month now. Hopefully Hackett and friends see it too.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Here’s my thing.

I acknowledge the players made some really bad plays execution wise on offense. A lot seemed to be effort related as well, which was odd.

…but

This was a game where your casual NYJ fan would be questioning what this coaching staff was thinking? There Is too many things to even list, that’s how shit the coaching was. I think Ulbrich Is the only one with a fucking brain.

Nyjets4eva, rscherwin, Jets81 and 3 others like this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No. We don’t believe In that shit around here. You run the GD edge until you finally pop It for a TD. WDGAF how long It takes, It will fu king happen!!!!! Hooooorahhhhh

-Nathanial Hackett

13. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Getting closer and closer to the total rebuild with outings like this. Just doesn't look like the Jets did anything over the last 9 days but pat themselves on the back.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Following the Jets makes me think of True Detective and the whole "time is a flat circle" speech as we just repeat the same errors over and over again.

Have the Jets had a good coach since Parcells left? Rex had potential but hard to tell how good he could have been as he has hamstrung by having Sanchez. Certainly since Rex got shown the door it has been awful.

Have the Jets had a QB you could truly believe in at any time in the last 50 years? Rodgers WAS a great QB but his best days seem far behind him and I doubt he makes it to the end of the season especially once we get a losing record which seems inevitable at this point.

The Jets had the most penalties of any team last year (and it wasn't even that close - 124 to 115 as the next worst) and yet today after another penalty blighted performance Saleh said "we have got to figure this out" - it is not like this is anything new - if you were going to be able to figure it out I think you would've done it by now.

The much vaunted 2022 draft class that seemed to have saved JD's job is looking worse not better as time goes by - if you were to do the 2022 draft over again would you still go the same direction with the first 3 picks?

Barring a miracle run deep into the playoffs I cannot imagine anyone from the FO surviving this season.

15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I can only agree that it's time for Saleh to get fired. He had a long time to set this thing up and in year 4 we're looking at a 9-8 team. Way too underachieving.

sackexchange likes this.
  16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

9-8? We will be lucky to win 3 more games.

NY Jets68 and jets_fan like this.
  17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

My biggest takeaway continues to be the run defense. This game would not have been close if we weren't playing against bo nix or if Denver decided to run more.
    We were getting gashed in the second half.

LAJet likes this.
  18. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

The only Jets coaches with worse records are Kotite and Lou Holtz. Saleh isn't an NFL-caliber HC and everyone outside (and most inside, I suspect) know this.

19. jets_fan

Agreed. There's no way this team gets to 9 wins.

Especially if Rodgers has to miss time. If/when that happens, we're back to last year all over again.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Three great inputs from you guys I want to highlight because in my view are spot on.
    1- We have been very successful with the two back formation and unsuccessful with the outside run, getting BH on the Edge, every team defends that, yet is the only play we call. . This alone cost us plenty
    2- We desperately need a run stuffer, we got trashed in the second half
    3- Zero, zero adjustments by the coaching staff. This is why Hackett need to go and Saleh right behind him. I argue than with this roster we are better than that.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.