2024 - Week 2: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 10, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2024.
  1. Jets

71.4%
  2. Titans

28.6%
  1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

That was a deceptively big time catch he made. Who knows if the Jets even win the game if he doesn't come up with that.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That Allen td run was all Rodgers...

Jedi mind tricks, stinkyB and SOXXX2 like this.
  3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah smart play

Jedi mind tricks and Acad23 like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Curious what the delay of game issues were all about. Sarah called timeout to avoid penalties atleast twice.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Rodgers said one was his fault....

Jets81 and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Granted, Ridley made a fantastic play on that ball, but what bothered me is that Gardner was trailing and wasn't even tracking the ball. It looked like Clark actually touched the ball slightly before Ridley caught it and both Clark and Sauce actually touched Ridley at the 1 before he rolled into the endzone. That play should have been flagged for review by our "great" coaching staff but wasn't. I didn't hear any post game interviews so I don't know if it was discussed.

stinkyB likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was a booth review as all TDs are so the staff didn't have to challenge. They did look to see if Gardner's foot touched Ridley at the 1 and apparently they decided it didnt. It was a brief review.

But we shouldn't have to rely on his foot touching him, Gardner should've been down on the ground with him playing for the football

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

all teams look various stages of not ready...

the fact that no one plays in POS anymore prolly is the reason... protect [players and make the product a little shittier for games that count... ok then

cval and mezzavo like this.
  9. Losmeister

teams with good WR play do this on the regular.

10. Losmeister

you know who REALLY doesn't look impressive? Trevor Lawrence. Generational my ass. Here's to all the arschelochs who cheered when we lost to the raiders on a last second bomb!

mezzavo, Nyjets4eva and Since1969 like this.
  11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

To me, it was interesting to watch Levis because he's the kind of QB the Jets have been stuck with for too long.

You could see the great arm and the ability to make breathtaking plays. But just as obvious were the incomprehensible bone-head decisions and the irresistible impulse to play hero-ball.

It was refreshing for a change to see that kind of QB in the other team's uniform.

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm just thrilled we have a QB that makes the right decisions. The clock hitting 0 at least 4 times is crazy bad, he's using all the time to break down the defense. I think it'll get better as the weeks go on.

Very refreshing.

Jets79, Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.
  13. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

yeah that pisses me off about Sauce he does this all the time. If he just turns his head once in a while he might make a play or actually have some picks

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This really needs addressed. You know, one of the things I always remember hearing is, "if you play half-assed, you're going to get hurt." Someone says it every year and has so for decades. So, how did we end up with an entire league "half-assing" it for the first quarter of the season? Also, I do not remember EVER seeing this many catastrophic injuries as we've seen the last 4 or 5 years. I mean...geeeezzzzz...does anyone track blown achilles? It "feels" like that injury has replaced concussions (minus Tua of course) on the list of most common injuries. Also, if you do not practice HITTING then you get into the game and the body isn't ready for the beating. More game missing injuries. I don't know...it just feels like for as big, fast and strong as the players are today they are a LOT less prepared to actually play REAL FOOTBALL than a decade or more ago. Strange.

I know there are statistics out there I'm just too lazy right now to go dig.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Mayo clinic lists means of prevention of achilles tears; of course those are means of prevention but cannot eliminate such injuries I wonder if anyone at Florham Park knows this.

To reduce your chance of developing Achilles tendon problems, follow these tips:

• Stretch and strengthen calf muscles. Stretch your calf until you feel a noticeable pull but not pain. Don't bounce during a stretch. Calf-strengthening exercises can also help the muscle and tendon absorb more force and prevent injury.
    • Vary your exercises. Alternate high-impact sports, such as running, with low-impact sports, such as walking, biking or swimming. Avoid activities that place excessive stress on your Achilles tendons, such as hill running and jumping activities.
    • Choose running surfaces carefully. Avoid or limit running on hard or slippery surfaces. Dress properly for cold-weather training, and wear well-fitting athletic shoes with proper cushioning in the heels.
    • Increase training intensity slowly. Achilles tendon injuries commonly occur after an abrupt increase in training intensity. Increase the distance, duration and frequency of your training by no more than 10 percent weekly.
    www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/achilles-tendon-rupture/symptoms-causes/syc-20353234

NY Jets68 and mezzavo like this.
  16. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Do you think the jets medical staff is stupid? Be serious.

twown likes this.
  17. Ralebird

What medical staff? What training staff? That's been a revolving door here. Every couple of years the team makes a second biggest splash by announcing a brand new conditioning system and staff. Never a statement of what was seen as deficits, just big PR about how great things will be. And the injuries continue. Buy into it at your own peril.

To answer your simplistic question - I doubt they're all stupid but understanding a problem and accomplishing change are two different things. And the injuries continue.

#117 Ralebird, Sep 17, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
  18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Completely agree and, while I've not read the Mayo clinic stuff that you put up (thank you), most of those I knew from being an athlete myself in days gone by. My "rant" or whatever it's called, was more to the point of getting into "football shape." Back in the day, while there were weight rooms, trainers, training meals and the like, MOST of the physical "work" was done on the field. Blocking, tackling, PRACTICING guys on guys and getting into "football shape." Now, they all go off with their own personal trainers, are essentially "training" all year long and they then come in, have a "club med" training camp. While they are in perfect, run in a straight line, shape and are sculpted Adonis'es, they aren't ready to hit. They aren't ready to go in 12 second bursts over and over again while getting "jacked up" front, back, left and right! They just don't "PRACTICE" practice. That's what I'm saying. And it shows...all over the league, not just the Jets. There's got to be a happier medium than shitty football until game 5 is in the books.

#118 mezzavo, Sep 17, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I agree somewhat. i think its a mistake to not play in preseason at all. But lets take JJ. He played in game 1 fine. No injury. The injury was non contact. All teams have these. You can rotate staff all you want, they are all knowledgeable and do the best they can, but these athletes are extremely fine tuned. Like a high performance car. Your basic jalopy that needs oil, a tune up, whatever, can get you from here to there unless its got a flat. get one thing wrong in the computer loaded Ferrari, it stops. When these superb athletes perform as expected, they are really beyond belief. but this physical peak means very little room for "error". The price they pay. not to start a quarrel with ralebird, but maybe someone can look up the turnover in medical/conditioning staff amongst all the teams. Are there any outliers? lets see some data before making what I consider ridiculous assumptions that the jets staff is incompetent compared to others.

Nyjets4eva and mezzavo like this.
  20. Ralebird

Far from making assumptions, questioning what appears to be not working may help things get better. I don't believe any part of the Jets organization has demonstrated their performance should be above investigation. For years here a common thread, true or not, has been that the Jets get injured more than other teams. Much of this is blamed on the field surface where their home games are played, whether that is a significant factor or not. I responded to a post about another achilles injury and why the Jets get so many of them and it got me curious enough to hit the Google to learn more about that specific injury. I think the Mayo Clinic is a pretty valid source. It raised a very basic question in my mind - is everything possible being done within the team in the way of prevention?

I didn't call anyone "stupid" but it made me wonder if what business calls "best practices" are being adhered to? Does the medical team identify even simple stretching techniques that may be different for different body types and game demands, or even each player? Is this communicated well enough in the conditioning routine that people are prepared to follow it? Gone are the days when the first ten minutes of practice would have sixty players in formation doing jumping jacks and deep knee bends in unison, these guys are on their own. What is being done to ensure they are loose enough - I don't believe that stretching on the field an hour before kickoff provides much help in the actual game particularly later in the season when temperatures drop. We sometimes see a player riding a stationary bike on the sidelines but that gets attention because of how seldom it's done,

What about weight training geared to building strength and adding muscle weight that, if not closely monitored, can also have the negative effect of loss of flexibility? I don't think the medical or training staff is too "stupid" to consider that but are players motivated enough to find a balance?. I've also asked in the past about players being the ones to choose their own shoes in the interest of maximizing performance while ignoring if that shoe is safe for that day's playing surface and its condition during the game.

To simply write off any questions about accountability for individuals as well as departments by claiming they "do the best they can" is not good enough for me. I don't really care if that bothers anyone.