2024 NFL Week 2 - Around the League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Sep 11, 2024.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

KC with a walkaway FG...

2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

How many years in a row do you tell yourself the same thing before you begin to question it?

Again, another lazy bad fanboy take that makes it too easy for people like Tiki to troll you.

Buffalo is a better team with a better coached roster, and is a legit super bowl contender. We ain't. It's ok to accept that reality and still have fun with the season.

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about? I have not said this any years in a row.

Buffalo is not a super bowl contender. People have been saying that nonsense for years and for years they have not touched the Super Bowl.

If you think they are Super Bowl contenders you are a fool. They have not contended anything, havent even come close in a championship game or anything.

4. Kronoking

Other then making the argument for KC who looks better in the AFC then Buffalo atm?

And speaking of comparisons before trying to devalue Buffalo's win over Miami you should probably take better note that we just barely squeaked by a similar level team today that Miami just barely squeaked by last week, and in what probably ultimately amounts to a fairly good day on the season for the Hackett offense.

Not taking Buffalo more seriously is the foolish thing here. They are on the KC level. The rest of us are just hoping to snag a back end playoff spot.

#64 Kronoking, Sep 15, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2024
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

They are not on KCs level. They have repeatedly fallen short the past few years and have been non-competitive when it actually matters. The Bills head coach sucks, he had the overall best and highest rated roster year after year yet failed to reach a super bowl. Until they get rid of him they are not contenders.

It's not that im not taking them seriously as a divisional rival but they are absolutely no threat to the chiefs. If they have succes like the Bengals had them they could be considered a threat. They have yet to show that in recent years.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football lmao.

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Tell me you are a delusional Bills fan without telling me you are a delusional Bills fan.

If they had a real head coach they would have won the Super Bowl by now. You will never win a Super Bowl with McDermott running the show.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Guy, You wouldn’t know what a “real head coach” even looks like. McDermott took over a perennially losing franchise who hadn’t made the playoffs in nearly 2 decades, the longest active streak in all 4 major sports. He did it in his first year, with Tyrod Taylor at QB and no players on the roster. He developed Allen into one of the best QBs in football, won the division 5 years in a row, made the playoffs every year but one, and his win % is top 20 in nfl history. He coached the team through multiple tragedies and is now coaching virtually an entire defense of practice squad players and a no-name offense (outside of Allen) to resounding victories. With all due respect, you have no earthly idea what the hell you are talking about.

9. Kronoking

Seeing Miami go out and acquire a better quality replacement QB in the form of Tyler Huntley, instead of spouting off a bunch of "this is Skylar's team" nonsense, really really irks me right. That wound from last year is still not healed

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Huh?

The Bills had the consensus best roster for multiple years. Remember 2022? EVERYONE was picking them to go to the Super Bowl. They have failed repeatedly despite having all the talent in the world. The head coach sucks. No one cares about division titles, or reviving a franchise, its about winning the Super Bowl which they have not even gotten close to despite being Super Bowl favorite multiple years. They will never win a Super Bowl until they have better coaching. You have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

If all you want is playoff appearances followed by awful low performance losses, then stick with Mcdermott. If you want a Super Bowl then don't stick with him. If the Bills had a real coach I would actually have favored them the past few years but they don't. I told you Bills fans this years ago and you didn't listen and said they would win a title with Mcdermott. Now here we are years later and they have nothing to show for. I was right.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Good job by the Panthers recognizing this now. It doesn’t necessarily mark the end for him if/when they put Dalton in and the results are similar.

I do think he’s garbage though. Too small, weak arm and his escapability which was based on instincts in college just doesn’t work in the NFL if you’re not a superb athlete ala Lamar.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Obviously the Eagles repurpose Becton to be a good road grading right guard.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I saw this too, but in all honesty, I don't think MB would've made that switch if he's here. He just seemed perpetually pissed off here, maybe he's found out in order to have any sort of a career he better adjust his attitude and learn another position. Watching him on some some plays he looks pretty awesome at RG...

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah agreed. Sometimes players just need a change of scenery and his relationship with the Jets was pretty ugly.

It’s just perpetually frustrating to see our high-resource trash turn into repurposed cheap gems for teams.

stinkyB, Dierking and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Giants are the first team to lose a game when they scored 3 touchdowns and their opponent didn’t score any touchdowns

Just amazing

Brook!, abyzmul and Acad23 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Eagles pissed that game away...

SOXXX2 likes this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Nick Sirriani not just running a run play turns out to be disastrous. Instead of the falcons have less than 60 seconds to drive the field, they have 1:40 to drive the field

Falcons take the lead with 34 seconds left.

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Game over.

Nick Sirriani just cost his team a win for being overly aggressive when they did not need to be.