FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"It wasn't so much a lack of effort as it was guys trying to do too much." = "I got nothin'."

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Bright side = might have drafted a future franchise LT for the next rebuild.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's not one or the other though.

The owner Is dog shit, worst In the NFL. He NEVER gets It right. I believe he Is a statistical anomaly at this point, considering the law of averages can't even get us Into the playoffs at this point.

Ultimately.

Fuck this team. Ya digg?

REVISion likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I certainly understand what you're saying but I don't believe that the owner's responsibility for any part of the business extends beyond the selection of those who actually operate the business. In most cases NFL team owners are rightfully absentee owners, and that's a good thing - they don't know enough about the game. Woody Johnson and his family are not even accomplished business people but they seem to have had much better success with the non-football sectors of the business than what we see on the playing field.

There is no evidence that he dictates football matters on a regular basis regardless of the number of complaints we see here every year. His "big splash" moments involving quarterbacks have always appeared to be directed more towards selling seats than winning games - and that's how they have worked out. He has tried a number of ways to get good football people into the building and has failed at every turn but he's not close enough to those at successful teams and the league itself to pick their brains. Joe Douglas is just the latest example of a bad hire but Joe Douglas carries the responsibility for hiring every coach and player on the team.

There is no indication the Johnsons are going anywhere; what do you suggest is the way out of the hole?

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

These numbers/this information is from a Connor Rogers breakdown this morning:

SF ran 72 plays
    On 42 of the 72 they either had a FB or 2nd TE in the game. Juszczyk played 40 snaps. Eric Saubert (TE2) played 19 snaps.
    They ran the ball against us 85% of the time with Saubert in the game. They were telling us what they were doing and we did nothing to adjust or change. We continued staying in light fronts with 3 down linemen, 3 LBs and we moved Ashtyn Davis or Tony Adams up into the box. It was a fucking joke. They also ran outside zone 61% of the time to make our DBs tackle who suck ass at tackling.

That defensive performance was fucking pitiful and falls directly on Saleh and Ulbrich.

Guess who the OL coach is for the Titans? Oh that's right. Legend Bill Callahan. The Titans were awful in passblocking against the Bears last week, but it won't matter if we can't stop the run vs them. I think they averaged 5+ YPC vs Chicago? If this staff doesn't put 8 in the box, leave Sauce on an island with Ridley, and make Levis beat us. I have no hope for this team.

Ralebird, mattyd99, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think we would’ve been better off giving up an explosive or two. At least the ball would’ve been In the hands of our offense that way.

Unfortunately, they are going to live and die by this scheme. Hopefully they know what to do about the run game or this will be another failed season.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

When the other team loads up with a beefy TE and FB, my first thought is lets bring in Ashley Davis as well... doh!

8. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Mason ain't 3rd string. Of course the Jets defense needs to be better.

#88 Jets OG fan, Sep 11, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Ulbrich's defense is usually good at making adjustments. I remember many games where the defense started slow, but really settled in over the course of the game. I was expecting that to happen again but only got worse. Really hope this was a one game issue...

10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

These 2 plus the OC are utterly unqualified for their positions yet we roll them out there for years. If you didn't actually see it you wouldn't believe it.

ouchy likes this.
  11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That's your answer to me? Mason isn't 3rd string?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

He is, we all know it, Just wondering when Woody will wake the F up and firethis bum and the fen OC. Elevate DC and let Rogers call his own game and plays...

tomdeb likes this.
  14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If one preaches accountability, you are on to something--too bad the ownership and the management just pay lip service to the concept and minimally at that. You know no-one is getting fired until we are totally out of it. Probably not even then.

Woody apparently just wants sycophants around him--that's what he values. He would never entertain a Bill Parcells or BB type.

Its a crying shame that the players on this team are put into a no-win situation due to utter incompetence.

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Saleh CLEARLY did not have the jets ready at kickoff. The defense took the night off after they heard CM was inactive and that is on Saleh.

SOJAZ and Brook! like this.
  16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agree that Saleh is weak, but part of the problem is Douglas. Douglas takes McDonald in top 15 so Saleh HAS to trot him out there. The 49ers ran up and down the field AT WILL (McDonald).
    Saleh had the same problem w Zach Wilson. Douglas invested so much draft capital and money in him Saleh HAD to play him, and Zach stinks and it only took three wasted seasons.
    I sure hope they fire Douglas after 2024.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion but I don't agree--the defense was put into terrible positions all night due to the gameplan deficiencies. Don't blame the players--its not Ashtyns fault he can't cover Deebo 1:1. Its not the Dline fault that the DC calls a stunt that puts them out of position in the play. These are just a couple gross examples of the ineptitude on display by the CS.

We don't need any new players as some in the media are shouting for--thats so f'in ignorant imo. Its clear what the issue is and its not the players.

18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Say what? I said it was Saleh's fault for not preparing his team, not the players. Don't understand your reply.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Youi said the players were not ready to play--Saleh's responsibility is putting them in a position to succeed. They were plenty ready IMO. I didn't notice 1 event of non-hustle or too many player mistakes not due to a little nervousness such as the early drop or fumble.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Ah...okay. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree if you think the jet players looked "plenty ready" to play Monday night.
    I sure hope Saleh in your view doesn't have them "plenty ready to play" like that again this year, and give up another 400 yards in total offense.
    You can have the last word if you'd like to comment further.

SOJAZ likes this.