2024 - Week 2: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 10, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2024.
  1. Jets

71.4%
  2. Titans

28.6%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We got manhandled by 49ers and moving on to Tennessee. Short week after an embarrassing loss. Vegas still has Jets as favorites but I don't know. I am deflated.

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If the Jets don't win this game, then the pitchforks and knives will be out for Saleh's head. The Titans rookie QB struggled against the Bears so the Jets defense should have a good game here. I will say the Jets win comfortably. Something like 24-3.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

If there was ever a “must win” game in week 2, this is it

While 0-2 would be bad as our division all won in week 1, it’s more on the morale side. It’s one thing to lose to the Niners on the road…would not have felt nearly as bad if we had played competitively, but as we got manhandled, it feels worse than just a loss. Losing a second game to the Titans would feel like the wheels falling off.

HAVE to win this game.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This is one of those games where the opposing QB gets injured early and the backup goes for 300 with 2-3 TDs.

If their QB plays the whole game we win.

barfolomew, ouchy and sozopol like this.
  5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

If Mason Rudolph lights up our D......:eek:

Offensively, they got dudes you've heard of: Calvin Ridley, DeAndre Hopkins, Tony Pollard, Tyler Boyd. And on defense, Jeffery Simmons is just as good Quinnen Williams.

It won't be a cake walk, short week for Jets, Titans home opener (they probably should have won last week against Chicago). But I think the Jets know they embarrassed themselves yesterday and will come out with a bit more attitude and won't get bullied back to back weeks.

Jets 23 Titans 19

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Titans have a big physical offensive line which doesn’t bode well for us. Bill Callahan is also coaching under his son and is historically one of the better offensive line coaches of the past 20 years. He coached our line when they dominated from 2008-2011, Dallas for several years and most recently the Browns dominant line.

Their defense is pretty stout with a real good secondary and a lot of big boys upfront.

Our advantages should be limiting Levis, running the ball on the edges, and throwing behind their linebackers.

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Do they?

Do the Jets "know" they got embarrassed yesterday? Or, better question, do the Coaches know? That shit ass display that I, begrudgingly, watched was a fucking joke. Seriously? Rodgers has an excuse. He hasn't played a meaningful series of snaps in nearly 2 years. What in the fuck was the problem with the rest of the team? I can't find a publication, post or video that doesn't have the Jets as being one of the most talented teams, top to bottom, yet they got their asses handed to them like they were a HIGH SCHOOL team! They were fucking unprepared, uninterested and...shit, I don't know where to start or stop with my rant.

Hell, I would have been happy if the team were COMPETITIVE!!!! I could have handled a 10 point loss while looking somewhat good doing it. What a fucking crock o' shit.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Jets should win this one. I hope nobody who voted for the Jets to beat the 49ers last week is voting for them to lose to the Titans this week.

9. Ptflea2

I honestly do. In Salehs press conference today, he mentioned something along the lines of "getting that shit corrected" when discussing the defense. I don't remember ever hearing him curse in a press conference before. So yes, I do think Saleh is embarrassed.

Being embarrassed is one thing, but more importantly, doing something about it is another. And there's where we all have our doubts with Robert, IMO.

#9 Ptflea2, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well they BETTER get that shit corrected!

Seriously, this is pretty much a Must Win game, but more than that, I think the D HAS to show up and pretty much dominate this team.

That’s the only thing that will stop the noise…if we win but our D looks shit, I think the pressure will be huge. If we lose…man forget it…

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We should be able to beat the rookie up. I'm picking Jets all the way.

12. Ptflea2

Levis is a 2nd year Qb, but I still agree ;)

ouchy likes this.
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I picked the Titans in this. I carry this over from last year, at this point, until the team can prove otherwise that they can get out of their own way I'm going to pick the opposition.

Ralebird and jets_fan like this.
  14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift will vote for the Titans to win.

I cast my vote for JETS to win.

Hopefully the team can shake off the rust evident against the 49rs. I think it will take until the third game for that to be proven.

The team just doesn’t prepare for the season like it used to.

barfolomew, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

0-2 would be terrible. Just go down there and win

Pepsiguy5 and barfolomew like this.
  16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Especially since the winner of Bills vs Dolphins will be 2-0 by Thursday night. It's early but the Jets don't want to dig themselves in a hole against their rivals for the division.

Brook! likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Reading your own praise in the press all summer isn’t good hard training?

GreenFan15J likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Players had 300 more reps in TC but didn't play a snap in PS. HOw did that work out? This HC is a loser and his record indicate that.

Personally, I have no faith in this HC, the OC and I have stated that before. Bill C maybe the best OL coach in the league and believe me our DL better be ready, If not expect another 49ers fiasco and 0-2.

If that happens, I will be 1st to call for the HC to get fired.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If they lose to the Titans, then the pitchforks and knives will be out for Saleh's head. Johnson was pissed about last year and he made it known that he wasn't happy. My guess is if they start 0-2 then Saleh better win the home opener otherwise, he could be fired. It will be 10 days before their week 4 game so any potential interim HC would have extra time to work with the team. See what happens first vs TEN. I think they will bounce back and win HOPEFULLY.