Robert Saleh is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All Gas No Break?.... No no no, more like Too Much Gas, Not Enough Brain

Saleh the defensive genius. For years he hid behind Joe Douglas not providing a good QB and flew under the radar. His Defense is being embarrassed by 49ers right now. He can't stop a back up RB.

What will his excuse be this year if Rodgers isn't injured like last year?

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He'll find one. If they didn't fire him last year, why would anyone expect them to this year?

3. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I haven't posted often, since the end of last season.
    Why... I wanted to see if it would be the same ol' thing with Saleh, & his overrated D 'geniousity.'
    Every year it's the same thing, weakness up the middle, both against the run, & the pass... & few turnovers.
    So, here we go again.
    Not sure why the Media loves Saleh so much, but I wonder if anyone will ever call him out for what he is... a cheerleader, who is outcoached by any HC/OC who's willing to attack the "vaunted' Jets D.
    I almost spit up, when they interviewed him after halftime, & he acted like the Jets were up by 30.

rscherwin, Wahoo, teamgreen and 3 others like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He's been the problem since he got here. Him and that incredibly overrated GM.

We'd be in a much better situation right now if they'd both been fired after last season.

Wahoo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Bingo. His attitude is "My defense is the best. We just need the most talented players in the league to make it work." Well guess what? You dont have the most talented players in the league, so you actually have to run some deception (stunts, twists, blitzes, masked coverage) or they are just gonna run it up your ass the entire game.

This guy is not a NFL caliber defensive coordinator (let alone an NFL caliber head coach).

teamgreen and SOJAZ like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The defensive line has been pretty disappointing all game long. They look like they’re shooting gaps and slanting a lot on running plays as if it’s a pass.

They lined Solomon Thomas up in the wide 9 on 3rd and 1. They’re fucking around with 3 defensive lineman at times and a standup backer.

Very poor game planning, but the personnel has me very worried. We got All-Pro years out of Quincy Williams and Gardner last year as well as great years from Mosley, Huff (gone), Q. We got good safety play out of Jordan Whitehead (gone), and good supplemental play out of MC2.

JFM is gone, no real replacement. Quinton Jefferson is gone (Kinlaw I guess). We have a severe beef problem up front to stop the run and if we don’t get great years out of our top fellas it’s going to be a long year.

Offense wise, the line looks bad run blocking but I’m less worried about that. It’ll get better. Rodgers needs to not be a stubborn asshole and only look for GW but boy could we use another option out there.

The inside zone running scheme bullshit doesn’t make sense. They have a bunch of mashers up front and of course we don’t adapt to that.

#6 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 9, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
    twown, Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

10 DL play like shit just like 6 or 7 do apparently.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Fuck this team, I wish I could say I was surprised.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Criminal that Pete Carrol and Mike Vrabel are sitting there meanwhile Saleh gets to coach this roster.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This thread Is just wrong.

It's the owner. It's always gonna be the problem. It's been the problem ever since he took over.

Fuck the Johnsons... NYJ fans need to stop this weird cycle of blaming the HC, OC, DC, etc... They haven't been the reason we've sucked every year. It's because we have an owner that doesn't know how to get It right.

Fuck this team. I'm literally about to stop being a fan. It's just not healthy for me anymore to be a fan.

ouchy likes this.
  11. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

but but Saleh loses twice as many games as he wins.... for the nyj that should be enough for an extension. why not? we have no clue otherwise.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

dude. You see all the “Sell The Team” profile pictures on this board right? Yes Woody is the ultimate problem.

burf and Ralebird like this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

100,000% he’s the problem. This team is a complete clown show. That was by far the biggest coaching mismatch in a game I have ever witnessed. Easily as bad as Belicheck had made any of our coaches look. Only in this case Saleh does all he needs to make himself look bad.

Snatch Catch, dmw, Ralebird and 3 others like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Of course. I was wearing one for awhile too. It's just a fact at this point. As far as I'm concerned.

..and the reality of that fucking sucks because we can't do anything about the owner as fans.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Ownership is.

Losmeister likes this.
  16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

They look worse than last year. The defense is the worst I've seen since the Adam Gase years. Knowing how this team is, they are NOT going to improve. They may manage to squeak by some weak teams, but I'm seeing this defense rank somewhere between 29th and 32nd in the league, and the offense probably not even in the top 20. I don't see even a 7 win team this year. I'm thinking they regress to maybe 4 or 5 wins. If that. I wouldn't be surprised to see 0 to 3 wins this season.

Good coaches can have decent seasons with average talent. But here's a coach with EXCELLENT talent on the field; some of the best in the league. And yet, they can't even be competitive.

This season is already over.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Reminder that Joe Douglas hired Robert Saleh and is therefore responsible for him.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's run out of excuses...

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I dont know how one think we improved on defense from last year. As JV stated above we lost some guys and not sure we picked up anyone more valuable.

Every be knew the Jets had to control the ball offensively. We didn’t especially the 2Q. 5 yards total and 2 series, 3 and out both times.

Not defending Saleh, sure he s part of the problem. But it’s far from over. They got some work to do. Make adjustments, and get back to controlling the game offensively.

tomdeb likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He's the most JAG head coach I can remember the Jets having in a long time.

We have had coaches much worse and much better. He's the epitomy of average at best.