Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

It would make sense for him to show up( but not much has made sense about this situation from the beginning). He needs to get in the building and start building good karma with his teammates, the fanbase, and the front office. If the Jets win and the DL does well, he will lose what little leverage he still has. If has not joined the team before the game the animosity will be even greater toward him. Of course he could bet on the DL looking terrible in SF and beyond so he can still play the rescuing hero, but that would be playing with his current and future earnings and career....he has already done some damage.

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Dianna Russini is reporting that Reddick will "die on this sword" which is weird because I believe the proper phrase would be "hill" or "by this sword" but that's neither here nor there. Lombardi says he will report this weekend, Russini says he won't, guess we will find out, fact is he's a moron.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Did they sign Pace yet?

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Orlando or Calvin?

5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

What happened to Bryce Huff last night? It was like he barely played.

1 assisted tackle, 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 QB hits. Couldn't find his snap count but I don't think I saw him at all on defense all night. Did he just play special teams or something?

#645 Jets OG fan, Sep 7, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

At one point apparently he was in on 1st and 2nd downs. I believe he played over 40% of snaps. He was essentially a non factor, makes me worry a lot less about Reddick. This defense is a system, it makes players better not the other way around.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Huff did provoke a false start I believe.

ouchy likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And the eagles started Becton at guard. Seemed like he did alright. Their two starting guards were drafted tackles.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I just don’t see JD flinching on this no matter how the season starts so he’s costing himself money he will never make up. The only way he was going to get a new contract from the Jets would have been to show up and ball out and convince the Jets they need to lock him up during the season before he hits free agency.

If he decides to wait to show up on the last week he is required for the season to count, even if he is amazing and gets a new contract, it will likely be the same contract he’d have been offered had he shown up from the get-go.

nycarl, AtlantaJet and Jets79 like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hidden production

Nyjets4eva, Dierking and JetFanInPA like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You have to know what to look for....

Mark Lattimer and abyzmul like this.
  12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't give a shit about Hassan Reddick. The guy can take a flying jump in a lake. Don't care if he has a career beyond this or not. He hasn't been in the Jets fold, clearly doesn't want to be and it's getting old talking about it. He could show up tomorrow and it wouldn't matter for weeks. He's not in football shape and it will take a lot of time for him to get in football shape. At this point, if I were JD, I wouldn't give him one more damn cent than what is in his CURRENT contract. He SIGNED that contract so too fucking bad! If he didn't like the contract then he shouldn't have signed it with the Eagles.

Let me make my current stance clear. He hasn't done jack squat shit on the NY Football Jets thus doesn't warrant ANY contract changes, extensions or re-do's. If he had shown up, put in some time and acted like he WANTED to be on the Jets well then that's up to JD to determine if an extension or upgrade was a thing. As I see, many of you were doing what I was doing last night. I kept looking for Eagle player #0 and I didn't see him do shit. In fact, there was one point, through the 3rd and 4th quarters where I thought he had gotten injured because he wasn't even on the field. So, take that for what it's worth...

13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…I get players standing up for their perceived worth, but at this point, I can’t side with him. He’s being stubborn and just hurting himself more than anything. From that article, he’s incurred $2M in fines already, and now he starts missing game checks. And if he is willing to “die on this hill” or whatever, then sitting out the entire season and forfeiting $15M at age 29 is just asinine and stupid. He has terrible agents if they think this is the way to go. Sitting out all year gets him nothing but a lost year of wages and the contract tolls, so he’ll be in the same spot just with a lot of ill will against him. My guess is if he doesn’t report sooner, he’ll come in whenever that minimum requirement is…can’t remember if it’s six games missed or six games that he has to play, but can’t imagine he won’t do that as a minimum. At least then he gets his accrued year and the contract expires at year end and he can go out to the market.

And honestly, unless we are hurting so bad that we absolutely need him, I’d love to see us play the hardball and sit his ass down and not get any huge stats to blow up his market value. Tit for tat.

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more... F him and hold him to his current contract. And, if he does show up, like another poster said, "make him pass a physical, make him earn a spot or sit." I would not, under any circumstances, pay this clown anything more then what his contact states.

tomdeb, JetFanInNE and mezzavo like this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Huff was a product of the system and benefited greatly having for opposing lines to double team Q.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Or fall on his sword

NOVAJET likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Have we probably wasted a third round pick, very likely and that will hurt. That’s what happens when you take a chance on a player and bank on his word . How much will he had improved the team is debatable but certainly great breath and depth to an already great D. On a case like this there are no winners, just losers, but no bigger loser than the player that is spiraling his career and his livelihood rapidly down the drain.

mezzavo, JetFanInNE and Jets79 like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…the guy has been super productive, but like someone else said previously, there’s a reason a player that good has been on 4 teams…clearly there is some shit underneath that makes teams not want to commit to long term big deals with him despite the fact that his performance has certainly warranted it.

I do agree that JD should never have made the trade without working out a deal…he was banking on the lack of leverage Reddick has, and in the end, I still think he’ll end up reporting at least for the minimum, but it was just not good sense to give up a pick on the “hope” or “assumption” that you’ll be able to work out a deal…if the guy doesn’t agree to a deal at trade time when it’s most advantageous for him to do so, then that’s a very good indication that he’s going to be a problem.

And here we are.

Mistake on JDs part in making the trade in the first place, but now that we are here, I do agree how JD is playing hardball now. Get your ass in and get to work and we’ll work out a deal.

20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

And we know this after one game with another team? I hope it’s true because it might mean the guys we have will be good enough thanks to the system.