Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

A+++

2. jetophile

'Horror Express', Holy Smokes, I love this movie. It's hilariously bad and hilariously great at the same time.

A space ape is discovered in the ice. It defrosts, awakens and starts possessing and killing people on the Transiberian Express.

Telly Savalas as a Cossack who crosses himself in Greek Orthodox fashion, a Rasputin type priest, glowing red eyes, hairy hands, it has it all.

Never fear, it really is not as bad as you would think. Highly enjoyable. It's mostly a goddamn hoot.

3. jetophile

This movie may or may not have been mentioned, and if it was, it was probably me! 'The People Under the Stairs'.

The first time I saw it over 30 years ago, my reaction was what the Hell is this? Haha, it's crazy. Its commentary on class has stood the test of time. It totally deserves its cult following. To whoever hasn't seen it, I'll leave you to it.

Jordan Peele is re-making it.

ETA: Ving Rhames, lol.

#443 jetophile, Aug 5, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
  4. jetophile

'Blade Runner 2049', I saw it a couple of years ago. Eh.

5. jetophile

'Dog Soldiers'. I always thought it was kind of fun.

barfolomew and Faux machine like this.
  6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Personally I love it. I remember watching it when it originally came out. I’m also a sucker werewolf movies. It has no right being as good as it is for a scifi channel movie.

If you’ve ever seen Tales of Halloween (2015) the director did the Bad Seed segment which is pretty fun too.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. jetophile

Ha, I have! With Adrienne Bartit as a friend of mine used to lovingly call her. What a shame her marriage to John Carpenter didn't last. She was great in 'Creepshow'. "Sheeps eyes, piggy friends, and no good in bed!" "Well, that's just great, Henry!" I don't really know why anyone would mix vodka with milk????

Faux machine likes this.
  8. jetophile

'Forty Minutes: Police Surgeon'. I don't think I have ever seen a bigger troll job in film history. It's purposely terrible.

Holy Hell, hilarious. The haircut of the Dr, hahaha. I honestly can't believe this garbage gem.

Faux machine likes this.
  9. jetophile

I just realized that The Grove in 'Late Night With the Devil' was referencing the Bohemian Grove. Duh. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up on that when I saw the movie. It dawned on me out of nowhere is all, haha.

Faux machine likes this.
  10. jetophile

'The Substance'. I haven't seen it yet, but the buzz is all about Demi Moore's performance.

What's crazy to me is that Demi Moore took a hatchet to the face in the plastic surgery dept. recently yet no one is mentioning that, especially in regard to the movie's premise of what some women will do to stay young.

It's bad. As in almost Kim Novak level bad. It could be she's making a statement without saying it outright.

Faux machine likes this.
  11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

This is one of my new recommendations for spooky season. Tucker and Dale vs Evil is my main recommendation for scary movie times

12. jetophile

Tucker and Dale vs Evii, it's such a hick flick. It's so trashy. I think there is a part two in the works, haha