Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Douglas has to get this done now. Otherwise, it's literally a waste of a 3rd round pick if they don't get it done or if they somehow trade him for a late round pick.

IDFjet likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's really a no win situation JD put us in when it comes to EDGE. McD is still situational guy and Clemons is depth. No JFM (could have easily kept for peanuts), no Huff. So, we are kinda screwed, but at the same time if you cave in now, there is a longer term damage. Why would Quincy play 3d year if apparently it's not required - just play 2 out of 3 agreed and then hold out. Why would anyone? So, given the shitty options now, we have to choose the least of the evils. And to me that is to tell Reddick to go fuck himself. We can give back the money he lost, but no extension. Eventually he will come back, but for some part of the season we are going to have to bite the bullet.

themorey and IDFjet like this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Wasn't he making 15 - 16 mil a year?

Maybe I'm underestimating him, but after his second year with the Jets (which was good) and after we gave him a bag, all I remember was him roughing the QB. Im almost positive he led the league in roughing 2 years ago.

Is JFM really going to be missed?

#123 Ptflea2, Aug 11, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
    blackssmagic likes this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm looking at who that was against--it was number 64--he's a 3rd string guard on the Commander depth chart with some PS experience "Mason Brooks".

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

My fiery optimism just got a cold bucket of reality dumped on it :p

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He was a backup caliber player making starter money. He's currently making close to 14mil on his new contract. I'd say no.

stinkyB and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not really. You have the sentiment accurate I think. He was not super impactful, but he was a good player.

I think all of Jets nation got tired of the 2 games a year he would absolutely blow up because of personal foul calls at the worst time imaginable.

Sure, the offense was laughable and one or two bad defensive plays was not recoverable... But it was a problem we no longer have. They were all 100 percent legit too, except the one against the falcons in London on the first series of the game. I think that was JFM and I'm pretty sure it was an interception for a TD that was negated on a typical NFL horrible swing call. The game was dead after that as the offense could not recover from a 14 point swing on the defensive side.

And idea the Jets could have signed him for "peanuts" isn't reality. He's guaranteed 10 million over the next 2 years.

#127 JackBower, Aug 11, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

5 mil per year is peanuts for a starting Edge of his caliber who can also play inside on passing downs. @Ptflea2 thought it was 15-16. I wish we could have kept him at 5 instead of trading for nothing and having Clemons as a starter for week 1. It's not a lot of money for the quality we could have had at both ED and DT.

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I reasoned, and there was some press about it afterwards, that JFM declined a renegotiation--this stuff was posted--which one of JD or JFM got his panties all twisted IDK--but they couldn't work out that 2 yr/ 10mm in house.

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

IDFjet likes this.
  11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

This is the kind of stuff I referred to earlier in the thread when I said people are hating on WMD, just because they wanted oline last year and whined about the pick. Who actually looks up the opposition of somebody just to discredit them? Did people do this during the preseason last year for Jermaine Johnson? Every post from you is riddled with hate for this kid. Oh man, that spin move was awful since it wasn't against a top oline guy.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

People were concerned about Johnson without a doubt. But he proved it on the field in the regular season. Mcdonald needs to do the same, of course he's not going to move the needle against some preseason bums.

Borat likes this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying--I got the same kind of response from the ZW supporters. Go in peace.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I was never concerned that JJ was inadequate and never posted anything but positive for him since I didn't observe anything negative and hoped for the best. This dude is imagining things I said.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Did I hear that Reddick requested a trade?

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. I was just watching Colin Cowherd's show and he's reporting Reddick is now demanding a trade.

17. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Haason is out. lol

18. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I just saw that reported on FS1.

Well, we'll always have the initial headline after we take an L on a potential re-trade. Sadly for Woody and JD that probably still amounts out to an overall franchise W. Cause these days we just seem to love those "GOING FOR IT!" headlines even when the actual supporting logic behind the decision making going in to them is pretty freaking meh.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Cimini confirms it as well.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Lmao

Borat and stinkyB like this.