2024 NFL Draft - 1st Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Funny how the draft was the one time even Belichick put on a suit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They had their draft at the beach for reals

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fautanu had an ACL injury and may need another surgery down the road, and also has a Lisfranc injury where his foot is a little stiff, but its expected to be ok.

4. Mickey Irish

Mickey Irish Active Member

Chances are that won’t happen. If it does at least we will have a solid O line for whoever steps in.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

AVT is not a lock at all to play all season. Is he even going to be ready to start the year? If Olu can play some guard in case of AVT being hurt, it will be a bonus. But I think there will be a lot of reps at OT as well this season. Smart pick by JD. We needed OT and WR. Big 3 WRs were gone. Out of big 3 OTs (Alt, Olu, Latham) one was still left. This was a no brainer. And with a trade down too. Nice!

Brook!, JetFanInNE, Jets79 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Big reach by the Phins IMO. Love to see it. Chop’s talented but I’m always a production on the field over talent guy in the draft.

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I saw the same thing. Footwork not great. Kind of a heel clicker. Also not much of a mean streak. I preferred Fuaga.

Fashanu kind of reminds me of D’Brick for some reason and that turned out ok so, who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Ugh. I have to see this round through, but I forgot how much blowhardism gets thrown around in draft broadcasts.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Listen, if Rome were there, maybe JD picks him, but there was no way jump the Bears with Atlanta picking a QB. It's not like we lost him because of dumb pick swap, it's just the way it played out. And we still end up with a premier player at a position of need. It would have been nice not to "win" a meaningless game at the end and get Nabers at 6, but ... can't really blame JD here, unlike last year.

Remember how from the beginning of the process the wet dream was Alt or Olu? Well, we got one of them and extra capital in the process, which hopefully means we trade up tomorrow to get a WR. This is not a bad outcome.

NOVAJET, Savatage, Jets79 and 6 others like this.
  10. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

One prediction I’ll make. Fuaga will go to the HOF. Why? Because the player the Jets almost took usually does. Tristan Wirfs all over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackssmagic likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Damn, Quinyon Mitchell looks unhappy. I wonder what his deal is. He finally smiled when he got to Goodell.

12. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Great pick to fall in the jags lap imo.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good point. I'm not advocating for this, just suggesting that it could happen. I'd much prefer AVT come back and be the OG for years, but if they think Fashanu could play G this year, and they get offered enough for AVT (when I said a 2nd, I meant a 2nd, plus something more), it wouldn't surprise me if they traded him.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That would be terrible value. Hard pass.

BacktoQueens and NOVAJET like this.
  15. BleedingGreen83

BleedingGreen83 New Member

Like what the Jets did. I also liked Bowers, they could use an offensive weapon, but they also need someone to protect Rodgers on the left side, which was a disaster last year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That Pearsall is going to be great in San Fran

NOVAJET, REVISion and blackssmagic like this.
  17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Pearsall and Legette gone in the first round... damn!
    So, I guess it's "Welcome back to New York Corey Davis and O'Dell Beckham".

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Loved how this turned out!

Some thoughts:

1. Bad teams do stupid shit…Atlanta drafting Penix when they just signed Cousins for 4 years makes no sense…ideally Cousins plays and they don’t even see Penix play much in the next few years…how will they know if he’s any good from just practice…makes absolutely no sense. Even more stupid because I just happen to not like Penix…he’s older at 24 already and I thought he looked like crap in the championship game…guess what, NFL defenses will be better than Michigan, let alone the bad defenses he played in the Pac12. Horrible pick but man it helped us to get those QB needy teams anxious

2. I’m guessing JD talked to both Denver and Minnesota to see who wanted the 10 pick the most…absolutely LOVE moving down one spot and still being able to take the OT and gain more picks

3. OT was THE way to go…a great TE is nice, but not the right pick for us…need to solve this damn OL issue already

4. Soon after the college season, I kept seeing Fashanu pretty consistently seen as the 2nd best tackle…Latham kind of ran up the boards after the season with all the draft analysis. I mostly HATE those kinds of players…symptom of over analysis, over thinking, getting way too cute…I always like the guys who are the guys after the season ends before all the hoopla…go with what your eyes see and don’t be swayed by all this overanalysis.

5. Alabama has produced plenty of OL busts lately…doesn’t mean Latham won’t be good, but I’m happy with Fashanu…agree on the intangible D’Brick vibes which is good

6. JD worked the draft, let it come to him, got a top three talent at a position of need, and netted extra picks, so we now have ammunition to trade up either in the 3rd or even into the 2nd if we need to

7. WR is our need now. I think later in the draft, say 4th round, we could use a safety or a DT, but I think our next pick needs to be the best WR available

Very happy with the way the first round turned out…

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hot tip, big futures payoff possible: JJ McCarthy first ballot Hall of Fame inductee 2048.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought Buffalo was stupid. Why would you ever trade with the Chiefs. You can’t beat them, so you help them?

they are saying that was the lowest return in a trade up in many years too so it’s not like that was a factor.

The Chiefs get a burner wideout that pairs well with their strong armed QB. We all have to stop that now, thanks a lot idiots

Brook! and Jets79 like this.