Zach Ain't Back... (Traded to Denver)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Acad23, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Bears have a pretty good run going now too.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. Kronoking

*shrug* I'll go on record as stating this now:

*IF* Zach is the 17 game starter there next year he's most likely going to end up looking/doing better under Payton in that offense then he did here. Just as Aaron Rodgers is most likely going to end up looking worse then he did 2 years in a much better coaching situation in GB.

When you meet in the middle on those 2 there the actual difference in final product performance might not end up being as extremely different as many would likely to comfortably assume it's going to be.

I was 100% ready to move on from Zach, but this "it was all you and not me" stuff is silly. It was a lot of us in that failure.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

This to me is the biggest reason you can't go Bowers at 10. We'll go into next draft arguing OT or WR in the 1st for the 3rd year in a row.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

In terms of tangible value, I'm not disappointed, but that's not where my focus goes. I'm still a little pissed off that the earliest days of Zach's first training camp had me completely fooled. Then I get past that and settle into the queasy feeling I'll have until we find the NEXT new franchise QB. Again. And go through the same exercise. Again. It's fucking exhausting.

ukjetsfan, Brook!, barfolomew and 5 others like this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Dude... Even if Rodgers is worse than he was in GB and ZW better than he was here the degrees of difference between the two players is so vast that if you really believe this idk what to tell you. After watching Wilson for 3 years I can assure you he does not belong in the league as a starter and that isn't a hot take. He has been HISTORICALLY bad.

Nyjets4eva and SackRecord99 like this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

no we get their 6th and move up 50 places.... that is a win including them taking half his salary/\.

7. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I forgot about the Bears, good call, also the Lions too

8. Kronoking

What team you suit up for at QB and what offensive coaching you have around you matters man.

Rodgers would do better over there with Payton in that offense then he's going to do here too imo.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is this directed at the Jets or the poster quoted here who wanted Wilson traded so he could leave here and move to following him elsewhere?

abyzmul likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Voodoo economics.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Joe Douglas. You managed to take the #2 overall pick in the draft and turn him and a seventh round pick into a sixth rounder. With moves like that, I guess he has a future as the GM of the Seahawks.

It's just astounding that Woody didn't make a change after last season.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Worry not.. The clock is tik tokking.. Its all or nothing for this leadership team.

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

True, but we're going to have to suffer through yet another abysmal season in order to get to that next reset. And we're going to be in very bad shape when we get there, with all of these players on one year deals and then needing to pay people like Sauce, Wilson, and so on, assuming we can even convince them to stay. If they don't win this year, it's going to be really bad times ahead when the next regime is brought in next January.

NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Can we wait and see what happens this year before we proclaim another miserable season and a whole bunch of negative BS projections.

AtlantaJet and NOVAJET like this.
  15. BleedingGreen83

BleedingGreen83 New Member

Yes, but I feel like he's always hurt and his best days are behind him. I'm not sold.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Does he need a ride to the airport? I’m available if he does

Nyjets4eva and SackRecord99 like this.
  17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I was so bored during Covid that I actually watched every pass that Wilson threw in college.

I did not understand the appeal.

Brook!, IDFjet, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm relieved it's over . . . until the next Jets QB level of pain. In the meanwhile, we still have the albatross, so forget what I said about the next level of pain.

You know when you go to the Dr. and he goes, "Describe your pain. Is it dull, throbbing, stabbing, burning, pins and needles, shocking, constant, intermittent . . . ?" "Huh? Yeah, all of that. Jets."

Needless to say it's acute and chronic at the same time.

barfolomew likes this.
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's actually a bigger move just from a psyche standpoint. The Jets brass have had this annoying monkey on their back called Zach Wilson and all of the associated drama that came with them making such an awful selection.

Finally after almost 4 years they can be free of this curse. Now onto some real football business. Add an impact player at 10.

Since1969 likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Zach Wilson and Sean Payton will mix like oil and water. Payton is a no nonsense guy, a dick even. Wilson is used to being babied and football isn't his top priority in life, thats going to piss off Payton, as it did with a different Wilson that didn't make football his top priority

Brook!, SackRecord99 and Since1969 like this.