Vegas has the 2024 Jets at 9.5 Wins - What say you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kronoking, Mar 28, 2024.

?

How many games to the Jets win in 2024?

1. 10 or more

55.2%
  2. 9 or less

44.8%
  1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So did Brady, he wasn't great in Tampa but had a stellar defense and a good supporting cast. Rodgers just has to stay healthy, noone is asking him to carry the team just not to submarine it.

2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

So basically.......we just need him to go out and NOT be a super old 41yo QB who is now 2 years and an ACL tear removed from putting up a 27th ranked QBR season.

Eazy Peazy.

3. NOVAJET

Umm, no we just need him to not be Zach Wilson. Im 46 and take offense to your suggestion that he is old lol. He is long removed from the achilles and has no history of being injury prone. 2 years removed from a 27th ranked season yet 3 away from 2 back to back MVPs. Its ok to be a darksider but let's be somewhat realistic and compare all aspects not just the negative ones that fit your narrative. I would be willing to wager Rodgers will finish the season top 10 with these weapons, top 15 at minimum which is a lot better than Wilsons 32...

4. Kronoking

Hoping that happens is fine and dandy. But I'll ask you the same question the last guy basically ducked.

Which of the hopeful teams I listed on the outside, who also make a strong case for getting better, do you view as being worse bets then us to actually see more wins then last year. And why?

barfolomew likes this.
  5. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

You’ll never go broke betting against the Jets if recent history is any indication. :(

egbert souse and ouchy like this.
  6. NOVAJET

Defense. Qb is only part of the equation, of the teams you mentioned I believe our defense is substantially better than all of them. Not to mention the teams you listed may in fact be better than they were last year and some teams that were not mentioned because they were better last year may be worse this year. Just because we improved doesn't mean those teams can't as well and we still make the playoffs, them and us improving don't have to be mutually exclusive. Injuries can happen to any team and spiral them out of contention (could happen to us again).

7. Kronoking

Defense doesn't answer the question. My primary point here is that behind any claim this team is going to win more games has to be acknowledgement that they have to be coming from somewhere else.

5/6 teams I listed who missed the playoffs last year but can make their own case for being better in 2024 won more games then we did in 2023. Why shouldn't that factor in here too?

For example if I gave you a choice between betting on either Cincy or the Jets to win more games in 2024, who are you honestly taking?

8. NOVAJET

If you dont mind listing them again I didn't see the original post so I am not sure which teams you are referring to but my point is who cares about those teams. Good and bad teams fluctuate year to year, just because they make a jump this year doesn't mean we can't as well. Also if you can't look at the improvements on our roster from QB, OL, WR etc and not think we will be better this year than this argument frankly is just wasting both of our time as we will never agree.

BradysTornACL likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

4-13 is the new 4-12. 9 wins, that's like me saying I can shot put from here to Toledo. Not Toledo, Ohio. Toledo, Spain.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This topic would be a lot more interesting if the posters stated their projections from last year while posting their current opinion. The problem is that last year's win total was allowed to be redone a couple of times. No Mulligans this year!

8 wins. I may have said 9 last year - irrational exuberance.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A Zach-less Jets has got to be worth a few more wins...

Savatage likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Addition by subtraction?

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He's still on the team. I would not be shocked if he plays next year

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Didn't he sell his townhouse? :rolleyes:

JackBower likes this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Man when you lay it out like that it is just SO pathetic

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we stay healthy I could see us winning 10 games. My other concern being, is our coaching good enough to lead us to 10 wins?

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not even remotely close to good enough.

If this team gets anywhere in the vicinity of a winning season, it's because the defense, Rodgers, and Hall dragged us there in spite of the incompetence on the sideline.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the Patriots forfeit our game at halftime while trailing 44-0?

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a tough over/under. Clearly the Jets have a 10+ win roster, but they are the Jets, so people will have a hard time picking the over. Much easier to pick the under since disaster always seems to strike the Jets. For me, I am taking the over. 2024 is make or break.

Brook!, Lon Chaney and Nyjets4eva like this.
  20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think that that it's easily OVER 9.5 wins. Most likely 12 or 13 and a divisional title.

NOVAJET and Brook! like this.