With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Odunze had a great combine and he most definitely was not slow. I’d love Odunze at 10 over any OT or Bowers but I don’t think he’ll be there.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

How I think it goes....

1. Chicago - Caleb Williams. Obviously.
    2. Washington - J.J McCarthy. Washington has always made questionable picks, JJ is flying up the board after his showcase kinda like Zach Wilson did with us. I think Washington takes the gamble.
    3. New England - Jayden Daniels. There's talk of NE rolling with Brissett which they could do but its only a matter of time before Daniels takes over. I think he's what they're looking for in a post Belichick Era.
    4. Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr. Obvious pick. Would be shocked if he wasn't
    5. Minnesota - Drake Maye. Trade with LA, Minn will be looking to move up for a QB and them not thinking Maye would be there is enough to warrant the move up, LA picks up an extra first.
    6. New York - Malik Nabbers. Giants need a lot of help, and they get it with a huge playmaker.
    7. Tennessee - Brock Bowers. Ideally Tennessee would go OL but given they spent a first on OL last year and signed Ridley to a big contract I think they take a big offensive weapon in Bowers.
    8. Atlanta - Dallas Turner. Atlanta needs defense.
    9. Los Angeles - Rome Odunze. LA realizing the options are dwindling trade back into the top 10 and before Jets who are a wild card to get their guy.
    10. New York - Joe Alt. Jets are shocked Alt is on the board. A huge run on OL is about to happen here so teams will try to trade up with the Jets but I think with Alt on the board still JD sticks with his gut.

#842 Ozymandias, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    Jojo, Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope that you're right about the Chargers getting a playmaker. That makes total sense for them, but Harbaugh loves having a strong OL. If Alt is there at #7, I'll be shocked if Tennessee doesn't take him, but if they don't, the surely the Bears would with their 2nd pick to protect Williams, but maybe they'd take Odunze or look to trade down a little and take Thomas or Mitchell. It would truly be amazing if Alt falls to #10! It would be our luck, however, that he'd fall, and then JD would take Bowers.

4. NCJetsfan

This would be awesome! I'd feel like doing a cartwheel if Alt falls to us, and Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers are all gone, so JD would have little recourse but to take Alt. Of course knowing him, he's likely to trade down, and then take an Edge or CB.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't know guys, for a top 10 guy I would like to see in 4.3s. Plus not much separation on film in College. If he can translate his great contested catch ability to NFL, I think he can be a Mike Williams. If not he will still be good. But that explosive ability to separate which GW has, I wasn't seeing it.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

It's an offense driven league. Chargers are in prime position to grab a top WR or TE, they could go OL with the pick they get from Minn when they trade with them. Tennessee needs weapons too. Hopkins is getting old, Ridley can't do it all. I think Bowers is a great safety blanket for Levis

7. NCJetsfan

I totally agree that it's an offensive league! Hopefully, you're correct about SD and Tennessee. It certainly make sense.

8. BroadwayAaron

Nabers ran a 4.4, you’d consider that slow?

I mean friggen Justin Jefferson ran a 4.4. What are we doing here?

#848 BroadwayAaron, Mar 26, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet his arms aren't long enough either

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

40 yard time doesn't even matter lol. The game is played in 10 yard increments.

GW was 1.49 10 yard split and Rome was 1.52.

The 20 yard shuttle literally measures an athlete's lateral quickness and change-of-direction ability. Rome was in the top 91% at 4.03s and GW was 4.36s in the 31%. Rome is elite. It shouldn't even be a conversation between Rome, Bowers or Olu at 10.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

It’s an especially weird thought because I swore Odunze had a standout combine. Had to go back and make sure I had the right guy. I did.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rome-odunz...did-something-rarely-ever-seen-043036778.html

If Odunze is there at 10 he’s the guy hands down unless somehow Alt falls. But I think he’s gone by then.

12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I want to trade down so bad and get some extra picks. But I also want Rome and I doubt he falls outside the top 12

13. BroadwayAaron

That's kind of the joy of this draft. We have tons of good options. One would argue the worst option we have is drafting a tackle that won't play, and even that's a solid option.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would bet a lot of money that they are going to add Bahktiari as a backup T. They already have Schweitzer, Max Mitchell, and Carter Warren. I could see them drafting a developmental IOL in round 3. Hopefully Christian Haynes from UCONN. Not sure if he falls that far but I would love that. That would give them 10 OL. I really don't see anyway they spend the 10th pick on OL when they have a glaring hole at WR/Weapon still. If they are all in this year, you don't take an OL and plan for the future. That ship is long gone.

15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

From your mock draft to god's plans..... or something like that.

Joe Alt is the guy this Jets franchise most needs right now.

16. BroadwayAaron

Im sure plenty here will disagree but Warren, Bakthiari and Max Mitchell is some pretty good tackle depth. A lot of people want to point to last year and panic about depth but how many teams thrive when they have that many OL injuries? Who has two starting-caliber tackles waiting in the wings? That's just not reality. If we get rocked with OL injuries again the way we did last year then I don't know how much more Douglas could have done. Is Fashanu really the case cracker as opposed to Carter Warren? Is that what's going to make or break the season should/when Tyron goes down?

LAJet, dawinner127 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

lol. Yeah. The internet is going to break when Rogers pulls something in week 4 or 5 and then 2 series later Tyrone gets a cracked rib and Zach Wilson, wearing the white headband, trots confidently onto the field to begin demolishing the third season in a row.

18. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

With the new rule banning the hip drop tackle, how much more valuable did pass catching Tight Ends just become?
    Food for thought...

19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner