DJ's latest Mock has Jets trade up for MHJ

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Mar 19, 2024.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Daniel Jeremiah has the Jets moving up from 10th to 5th overall to draft WR Marvin Harrison Jr. from Ohio State in his latest mock draft.

The trade value chart has that move as costing 400 points (equivalent of the 50th overall pick). So, this move would most likely cost us 10th overall and either our 2025 1st or our 2025 2nd and 2024/25 3rd.

How do you all feel about this? Would you give up either our 1st next year or a combo of next year's 2nd + a 3rd this year/next year?

To be honest, I probably would. MHJ and GW would be an elite duo for the next 3-4 years and if the Jets are serious about going "all-in" for the next year or two, this is the type of move to make.

I'd lean more towards giving up the 2 and 3 version than giving up the 1 though as we still need some prospects on the OL going forward. OL seems to be set for next year but the only long-term building blocks we have on it are AVT and Tipp. Would be nice to still be able to get a young OT in the 1st in 2025 but LAC might not go for this unless they get that '25 1.

James Hasty likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No brainer. Give me 8 years of MHJR and GW and lets roll.

DJ has the trade as only the 2025 2nd. If you scroll down to the Fuaga pick the Chargers make he says its a 2025 2nd.

Pepsiguy5 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Unless MHJ plays LT, I'm not interested.

It's nice to dream about having another weapon to pair with GW, but in reality this doesn't always work out. Injuries are a real thing. We desperatelyneed a young stud LT. Trade up for that if you want to.

jackie1013, dmw, Kronoking and 8 others like this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't feel like that would be enough to get the Chargers to move down though.

Maybe I'm wrong but if I were the Chargers, I'd want either of the pick options I laid out in my OP.

5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

No thanks. I don’t see him lasting to 5 and it would be far too expensive in terms of what it would cost to get that high.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Did Garrett Wilson and Marvin Harrison Jr play together at all at Ohio State? or was Wilson out before Harrison joined?

Ohio State receivers are coming into the NFL so polished. With that advancement already and his skills and bloodline, I personally think Harrison Jr could end up in the hall of fame like his father.

So hell yeah if possible I'd love this but it seems far fetched

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If Harrsion is available at 5, I don't see how Chargers give up the pick.

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The OL is seemingly set for this season though. Obviously there are major health concerns for at least 2 of the starting OL, maybe 3, but I think we could use our later picks for OL depth and if we're able to hang onto that '25 1st, use that for best OT available.

I'm not going to be banging the table for this trade up but I do think there's some validity to the line of thinking.

westiedog1 and dawinner127 like this.
  9. dawinner127

Harbaugh wants to run the football and protect Herbert. He doesn't value WRs as we can see with the two they just released/traded. Yes MW was a cap casualty but they could have restructured. They just drafted QJ in round 1 and this WR class is stupidly deep. They can trade down and still grab an elite WR prospect at 37 or 38

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is why I'm not sure I agree with DJ that it would only take our '25 2 to get up there.

Chargers just lost Keenan and MW in the same offseason and now MHJ falls into their laps and they move on for only a '25 2?

I think it either costs 2 Day 2 picks or a 1st.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Herbert and MHJ would be an explosive combination for the Chargers. I don't see him making it past Arizona at #4.

12. dawinner127

Didn’t we just spend an entire year talking about a premium asset being used on a player who didn’t play? Now we want to take a LT to redshirt for a year. I still think Bahktiari is inevitable so hopefully you can get 17 between Bahk and Tyron.

Trade down if you want OL

KingRoach and All Gas No Shake like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't disrespect Myra.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This. This. 100x this.

Wide receiver is a luxury. QB and Offensive Tackles are necessities. We shouldn't be trading up for anybody, but if we trade up for anyone who isn't a QB or a tackle, it's malpractice.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

A Top 10 drafted LT is going to play this year. There is a 0.0% one of our two starting tackles goes the entire season without missing a game.

I'm fine with that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s not like this is a draft where there is one good receiver and everyone else. It’s an extremely deep receiver class.

We need to stop robbing peter to pay Paul with future picks.

17. dawinner127

Think we are in a weird spot for the this year and 2025. I generally agree with not trading future assets, but they can't really do half measures with where they are. They have a 40 year old QB with one, maybe two shots at this. Go for it. No half measures.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yes. They were on the same team In 2021. GW's last season at OSU and MHJ first year playing for OSU. MHJ didn't get much of a chance though until GW and Olave got drafted.

As good as MHJ Is, which Is extremely good. I wouldn't trade up for him In this draft. I'd still go OL In the first. Ideally after a trade down. Hopefully get a 2nd In return, then splurge at WR then. I like a lot of WR In this draft after the top 3 that are being talked about.

Xavier Legette Is the guy I really like right now but I still haven't watched everyone yet.

I don't think trading up would be the play though honestly.

19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Hard to see a trade up … I doubt we could go from 10 to 5 for only a 2025 2nd rounder…will cost more than that.

All that being said, while it would be awesome to GW and MHJr on the field at the same time, I still think the smarter play is OT and then WR later…not having that 2nd rounder really hurts

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It's an interesting take--we'll see.