Rodgers Doubt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 17, 2024.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I watched an old game of his and he didn't look good at all. Now he's 5 years older than that game and a season ending injury on top of that. Worries for sure as training camp is upon us

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Watch another old game where he’s brilliant and your fears will be allayed.

jets_fan, SOJAZ, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jesus…

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I watched a TV show about spiders earlier and then I almost dislocated my shoulder freaking out when a hair moved on my arm.

6. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

He’s had 2 MVP seasons since this supposed game. I dont know how Rodgers will fare this year, but your “evaluation” is useless.

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Holy hell, 2 MVP seasons since this game, what a waste of a thread. The darksiders on this site are some of the worst I have seen in any aspect of life my entire existence. If I found a reason to be this negative about something I am supposed to enjoy then I would have to seriously question my life.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is a simulation anyways.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One good thing about St. Paddy's Day is starting to drink with breakfast! Guinness, it's good for you!

JetFanInNE and Nyjets4eva like this.
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's a Jersey thing

11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

How many 300 yard games did Rodgers throw in his last season in Green Bay? The answer is zero.

How many games did he throw for more then 250 yards? The answer is 3, and only one of those games was over 255.

How many of those 250+ yard games happened in second half the of the season, and which is including the play-in playoff loss game he forgot to show up for? The answer is zero

The above is less useless data going towards a 2024 projection on a 41yo QB then the 2020-21 seasons he won an MVP.

The only people not concerned about 2024 are the people so desperate to believe we finally got a good QB that if it takes completely pretending that 2022 never happened....that is what they'll do lol

Ralebird likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers is likely gonna suck this season if he even makes it through the season. lets just be honest with ourselves.

he's old, injured and not focused on his craft. that's not a recipe for success

he BETTER be at OTAs, if not fuck him

13. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

There is a good chance Rodgers is going to suck because he is realistically going to get zero support help out of the coaching room. Which in the end is 100% on *HIM*. Rodgers prioritizing friendship and ego above common sense is steering this ship towards that potential disaster. Regardless how much the people still simping out over the guy are going to want to spend the year bitching and moaning about it being Woody's fault. Our JD's fault. Or Saleh's. Those guys are essentially just along for that concession ride. If Rodgers was to miraculously retire tomorrow Hackett is the perfect 2023 fall guy for the PR team who wouldn't make out of the week with his job still intact.

Big picture this bet really isn't all that much different then the one Indy made on Matt Ryan 2 years ago. Where even clearing his 20 TD throws the previous season it was pretty clear father time had started catching up to him. But people just clung on tight to his name value, and shallow based logic that because he could "still sling it" that would be enough to beat off father time.

Rodgers is a VERY advanced age QB. Go watch any of the all time greats cry their eyes out in their retirement announcements. Go look up how great most of their stats were 2 seasons prior to retirement. None of those guys aren't making it to their age 41yo season because of some lack of a desire to keep playing at a high level. As the saying goes father time is undefeated. If you ain't concerned about that, especially now being 2 years removed from a season that is screaming at you that you should be, then you are not being real about the current outlook.

#13 Kronoking, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He doesn't have to be peak Arod, he just needs to not suck like every QB the Jets had last year.

Acad23 likes this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If Rodgers stays healthy I don't think he will suck. I think he will lead us to a few key wins and cause a few loses. Probably something similar to his 2022 season. Hopefully when he makes a bad decision or throw he doesn't blame his team mates. If the stays healthy we could win 10 games, but if the o-line falls apart it will get ugly.

That said, I do see him missing starts again, and probably causing more off the field drama.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If he stays anywhere near healthy, he will throw a lot of TDs (for a Jets QB, not for Aaron Rodgers), throw a lot of picks, and get sacked a lot. And we'll struggle to make the playoffs. And maybe as a bonus he will blame the achilles for the picks.

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Health is obviously the big issue here. He will turn 41 this season coming off a major injury. But even at his current age he is a major upgrade at QB over what the Jets have had recently. If Rodgers has anything left in the tank, then the Jets should be in the mix for a playoff spot with their defense. Staying healthy is the big issue. I don't know if he can for an entire season. At least we have a backup in Taylor who has had some success and probably can win the Jets some games if he has to play.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If we get 2022 Rodgers and our 2022 or 2023 defensive performances then we’re probably 11-6 at worst. Brees was fine at age 40 and 41. Rivers was fine at 39.

It’s not like Rodgers was a running QB who suddenly had a major lower body injury. The name of the game is health.

QB’s start to struggle in older ages when they lose arm strength (Peyton, Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger). There’s no indication that Rodgers has any velocity issues.

NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Assuming he's healthy enough to take the field for all or most of the games.

If that one assumption proves true then he will at worst case, be an order of magnitude improvement over what was fielded last season, better than anything the Jets have fielded in years, and be a good bet to win 8 or 9 games. And that is the absolute doomsday baseline. Things quickly ramp up from there.

So I say in the grand scheme of things he's the best bet the Jets have had in a long long time. Let it play out. Hopefully the god awful luck/karma debt/whatever you call it has been paid, purged from the system etc and this year will be a lot more fun.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brees and Rivers worked their asses off though. Rodgers is "off the grid" currently.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/16/sport...the-grid-aaron-rodgers-to-run-as-rfk-jr-s-vp/