2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

These guys also wanna have to come here. And come here for roughly the same amount of $, if he’d have come for 3x what he got that ain’t no good.

not to mention-and I know they are worse than they have been-but the bills have a better future than we do. Their HC appears 1/2 competent and at the very least their QB will be there for a while and not in the White House. Even if the jets offered me more $, I’d pick buffalo

Kronoking likes this.
  3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I guess I wouldn’t mind him in a rotation assuming he’s Uber cheap, and maybe he will be. But the jets are aware the pass rush wasn’t a problem, right?
    If this year or next are our all in years, shouldn’t we be signing some guys in offense who have a proven track record? We’ve signed more guys on D and ST than O

4. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

This has not been the case in my 41 years of fandom.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Oh, man. It IS the jets organization, i.e. Joe Douglas that is the major failure because they DRAFTED Zach Wilson. And they used the 2nd overall pick in the entire draft. As someone else recently posted, it is one of, if not the worst, draft pick in jets history. And if Zach was so misused and undeveloped by the jets organization, why isn't he already ON another team? Where is the NFL interest in this great talent who the jets misused? Plenty of trades have already been made, why hasn't misunderstood, undeveloped, future pro bowler Zach already been snapped up by a better organization? You know, sometimes it is okay just to say a guy was a bad pick, a reach, an error by the drafting team--like Vernon Gholston.
    To keep insisting Zach is a hidden, misused, underdeveloped victim, almost implying that the jets owe Zach and his $34M some kind of apology, really diminishes the credibility of an excellent poster like you.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Delusional?!? LMAO the projection is all-time....

and perfect?!? No chance... that's why I'm not always telling people that disagree with me are clueless or writing huge rants about shit I don't know what the fuk I'm talking about....

7. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

since nobody is even talking about any free agency stuff in this thread

Keenan Allan for a 4th round pick to the bear. what a joke. Joe Douglas you are the worst gm in the nfl. Your stuck in your ways and your record shows it

ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I like Keenan Allen. Even though getting hurt once again and down the stretch this year probably cost me a fantasy championship 2 years in a row now.

He's not helping this 2024 Hackett offense more then Tyron Smith could. So if you are handing Keenan that big bag, why didn't the other happen instead is my first question.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

AtlantaJet likes this.
  10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Honestly if Joe D can put the rabbit out of the hat to land Tyron Smith in an obviously very competitive market, and maybe snag OBJ on a cheaper 1 year flyer deal, he'll be deserving of a passing grade for this offseason imo

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Need atleast (1) WR and or LT to close out free agency.

WR market is super thin. This team can't bank on Allen Lazard

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Probably didn't want to pay the $18 million in salary that came with it. Hearing rumors of Mike Williams for around $8 million instead

13. dawinner127

Not sure if this has been posted here so my apologies if it has been. There has been a guy on Twitter named "PrettyRickey" who has been 6 for 7 or 7 for 8 on FA signings/projections before they happen. Here is his page - https://x.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1768482150079234432?s=20

Just to name a few:
    • jets trading for an offensive lineman
    • said ridley to titans
    • Said the jets may cut cj mosley if he doesnt restructure
    • higgins staying in cinci
    • dj reader out
    • nailed mooney an hour earlier to atlanta than schefter and rapaport
    • josh reynolds 6 mil to stay in detroit
    • jets wanted jonah williams but are pivoting to tyron smith
    • Hollywood to Chiefs, after they tried and trade Sneed
    • Devin White one year 7.5 million

Jets got Moses.
    Ridley went to the Titans.
    CJ Mosley restructured.
    Higgins ? mark
    DJ Reader left.
    Mooney to Atlanta
    Josh Reynolds ? mark
    Tyron Smith ? mark

Hollywood to Chiefs, Rap said last night that they tried to trade Sneed prior
    Devin White had the correct years and money, wrong team.
    Mike Williams $8m from the Jets

One thing that a lot of these athletes have in common is their agency. All seemed to be signed under ATHLETES or signed with David Mulugheta.

Same guy last night said Mike Williams for $8 million to the Jets and waiting on Tyron Smith from the Jets.

14. dawinner127

They absolutely need to address safety at some point. This would have been a hell of a signing for us. We have Chuck Clark coming off an ACL, Tony Adams who was ass last year and it looks like Ashtyn Davis wants to be a starter somewhere else. Maybe they'll draft another corner or off ball lineback in the 4th round to try and convert him to safety. Dumbasses.
    [​IMG]

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well right now the Jets are trying to build the best team around AR the best they can.

But anybody want to guess how many conspiracy theories our QB Nutcase will spread in the locker room? I hope they gag him but with Woody no chance.

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

8M prob wont match joe douglas "value"

17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I would have signed Samuel for that tag, same with Marquise Brown. And probably even Allen for a 4th.

WR market is thinning but still have Boyd, OBJ and Mike Williams, all of which would be good additions at the right price. I have a feeling some moves are coming soon

I'd be in on Mike Williams for $8mil/yr. An injury risk but a game-breaking WR. Worth a gamble at that price

Side note, I think SD is thinking WR at 5. They're gutting their WR group. Just have Joshua Palmer and Quentin Johnston, who wasn't good last year

Nyjets4eva, NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Gonna be weird if they go TE at 5. Harbaugh apparently has a Bowers boner.

19. dawinner127

Mike Will also coming off an ACL so not really sure what type of market he will have but for $8m I'm def in.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m normally not one of these guys that panic every time Joe Douglas passes on a player or a trade because of his philosophy but I would really love to hear the rationale on how he’s handled the wide receiver position this off-season. We have one of the worst rooms in the league and we are watching good players sign for Fair money like Samuel and Hollywood Brown while also watching top-tier players get traded for fourth round draft picks which we happen to have two of.

The entire thing is confusing to me. There is no sense of urgency whatsoever which is kind of a Joe Douglas trademark but the owner flat out said a few months ago that it’s time to be aggressive and we need results. How the hell does this lineup with that? is he convinced that he’s going to nail it in the draft? Is he under the impression our magical offensive coaching staff, which is also one of the worst in the league, is going to bring the best out of some undrafted free agents and maybe a rookie?

The Joe Douglas “I’m the smartest guy in the room“ routine is going to cost him his job this year and at this point I’m convinced it’s for the better.

Nyjets4eva, JetDan, ouchy and 2 others like this.