Jets trying to trade Lazard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Mar 14, 2024.

1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

James Hasty likes this.
  2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I would ignore any report from Dianna Rossini

3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder how well all that over-the-top and glowing " I came here for him" praise Lazard had for Hackett coming in actually held up over the season as his on-field career was descending into the toilet.

Because this kinda screams one of those going through the motions to prove a "nobody else is going to want you" point to a guy type of efforts.

teamgreen likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't see any team giving anything for him. Even Zach was better than Lazard last season.

teamgreen likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If this is true something big may be going on. Rodgers drama surfaces and suddenly we're open to trading Lazard. Maybe they've had it with Rodgers or believe he wont fulfill his contract? I don't think we suddenly just woke up today and realized Lazard was a waste.

If Rodgers is gone there is no point continuing to borrow against the future for this season. So are we in limbo, going to pivot - or is it a non story? We may meltdown before the season even begins.

NCJetsfan and AtlantaJet like this.
  6. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that too. Maybe we draft J.J. McCarthy at 10. I heard that RFK is announcing his running mate by 3/26, so we should know more by then.

ouchy likes this.
  7. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Sign Lazard and we throw in a free Zach Wilson

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just wondering: you said we got him since he was AR's pal and AR calls the shots. What do you think happened here that the pal is on the trading block?

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow that would be awesome. Who can JD trade first, Lazard or Zach? We'll take anything, anything at all

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Listen, of course we want to get rid of Lazard. The guy sucks. He was worse than two UDFAs, who are not any good either. As much as I wish we got rid of him, for 10 mil salary there are much better options for other teams.

REVISion and teamgreen like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets are a yard sale and Joe Douglas wants top dollar for stuff that should be in the trash.

teamgreen likes this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

His standards might be a little high after the fleecings for Chris Herndon, Blake Cashman and Jamal Adams

Nyjets4eva, stinkyB and azhar80 like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think they can get a 7th round pick from us for Lazard.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. Kronoking

2023 happened.

Lazard is his own real life human being with his own needs/goals. I would guess getting completely phased out of your job and healthy scratched on game days once Hackett was left scrambling for answers he didn't have didn't ultimately sit well with him.

Rodgers getting him paid is cool and call, but the fact Rodgers still got his center of the universe experience here doesn't help Lazard.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

But the report said we are shopping him, not that he asked to be traded. We had the situation you are describing with Moore and Mims. It was a different report. Maybe Rodgers doesn't call the shots after all, at least not now.

16. Kronoking

Or basically go watch some of those early Jet interviews and look at it from the human element here. He vividly speaks about Hackett like that is his BOY. More so then even Rodgers. Who then essentially gives up on him midway through the season and adds "gets healthy scratched for a nobody UDFA" to his career resume.

Color me questionable atm that the whole Green Bay brotherhood relationship dynamic is still all sunshine and rainbows there lol

As Zach is already on record as stating Rodgers' reach and control on how guys are feeling about things only goes so far. Especially when he's not even playing.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would do it in a heartbeat. But it will cost more to dump 10 mil.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cashman just signed a big boy contract with Minny, that one was a bit of a wash.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

So, let me get this straight. They want to trade Wilson and Lazard. To who? Who in their right mind would give them a box of Cookies for either of these stiffs? And they are talking about bring back a 2 or 3 wr after a year not playing. This is more proof that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

stinkyB and Stevied like this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah hard to imagine anyone giving us anything for either ZW or Lazard…maybe a 7th pick or something but that’s even doubtful