Mecole Hardman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Feb 11, 2024.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think both teams get their timeouts reset after the second quarter....but I may be wrong.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm happy for him too that he escaped this shit show. Anyone who couldn't see that coming the second he was released and signed back with the Chiefs hasn't been watching this team for too long. lol

papapump and Acad23 like this.
  3. The_Darksider

I was wondering that myself. Only thing I could think of was to have a point at which the teams change sides again. But that's the only thing I can come up with.

4. The_Darksider

Three timeouts per 2 quarters like a regular game.

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Should we be surprised if Zach puts it all together in another team with an NFL caliber coaching staff like he did in the KC game and week 14 where he was the offensive player of the week?
    What would that say about the Jets coaching staff and JD and the fans who think Zach should go?

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think that Hardman was generally a bad player on the Chiefs. I saw him in highlights a couple of times making big plays, but not the good kind. I mean fumbles.

REVISion and stinkyB like this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Beyond surprised. Like completely dumbfounded. That's how effing bad Zach Wilson is. I'm shocked anyone still posts about him here other than to talk about when his ass gets cut which should be coming in the next month or so.

papapump, Ralebird and stinkyB like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm so glad that we could all cybernetically come together and share the special moment to share the celebration of a scrub receiver that was on the JETS for half a season and caught one pass...(but that one catch gave a lifetime of memories) making a game winning catch in the Super Bowl..... Mecole Hardamn... THIS BUDS FOR YOU!...... Titio, gimme a tissue.... JERMAINE, STOP TEASING!

The_Darksider likes this.
  9. The_Darksider

Hey boy, you look mighty cute in them jeans!!!!

cval likes this.
  10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Right, so the clock matters because it tells you when the 2 quarters is up, and you get your timeouts back.

12. The_Darksider

Yes but the clock doesn't matter in the first quarter just like it doesn't matter in the first quarter of regulation.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What that would say is: JD is a genius, Saleh and company suck, and fans who booo ZW just spout off without knowing what their talking about, as usual.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree that it would say that JD is a genius. After all, he's the one who hired Saleh, and allowed Saleh to hire LaFleur, and then JD hired Hackett. JD also didn't get the OL fixed, he didn't bring in a veteran QB to start so Zach could sit his rookie season, and he didn't bring in a competent backup QB for this past season so Zach could sit and not have to play.

I still think that Zach could develop into a very good QB elsewhere, but am much less certain about that than I was 2-3 years ago. He may never have developed anyway, or he may have with good coaching and the right situation, but having been here for 3 years, he may be ruined. I disagreed with the guys who trashed Zach, many from day one, but I understand that they just want the Jets to win. If he had developed or been able to turn it around, I believe that most Jets fans would have cheered for him and been very happy. Of course some wouldn't have, but then they never admit they're wrong.

#54 NCJetsfan, Feb 14, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It does matter in the sense that after the first quarter, the teams will go in opposite directions. Any type of significant wind could make that extremely impactful.

16. The_Darksider

Are we still talking about the other night? Of course it matters in a general sense, but this was inside a domed stadium. For the purposes of this conversation, the clock meant nothing. But you are absolutely correct that it could mean something in other circumstances.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I will say that the allure of Hardman being here was his speed and to get him space. He was doing these things with Rodgers because Aaron could see the defense beyond what normal QB’s couldn’t. And we heard thru camp he was getting these quick passes.

Between that and how bad OL play is not only for the Jets but overall. Listen, how many passes and quick dump offs were in that game? MCcaffrey, Rice, Deebo and Pacheco were getting the bulk of work because the OL’s can’t block efficiently enough anymore.

Even though it took our genius OC damn near 1/2 a season to realize to use Hall in the same manner other teams are using their RB’s and Wilson, but I digress.

Hardman really didn’t do much in his second stint but his speed was at least utilized more when he was used with the Chiefs then with the Jets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Yea I was speaking in general terms.

19. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Supposedly they traded him because Gipson was playing better than him, although it didn't matter much with our oline & QB situation. They weren't getting to their 3rd read pretty much ever.