Woody Johnson is MAD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Feb 8, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ehh that's not entirely true. But even if it was, you don't go and say that when you're gearing up to try and trade him. It's just common sense.

2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Be careful. I don't think we want to see Woody getting more involved (or even involved at all) in football decisions.

boozer32, barfolomew and JetFanInPA like this.
  3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

There’s an underlying stink around Zach, seeing league reports that he has no trade value, may get signed to a practice squad, etc….. There’s something more about the makeup of the kid that’s gotten around the league and now the owner just tossed him right under the bus. Zach was never good enough to be taken where he was, nor does it seem he has the work ethic to get there.

That said, I’m astonished at the delusion of our FO and ownership. This team is a disaster with terrible coaching, a very poor GM, now in cap hell, and without a 2nd round pick. We have some of the worst OL talent in the league, coached by one of the worst OL coaches in the league, led by the absolute worst OC in the league. They’re literally counting on Rodgers to suddenly fix all of this at 41 coming off a torn Achilles. Thats the plan. No upgrades anywhere, just plug 41 yo Rodgers in and all is well. I’ve witnessed just about every Jets disaster this team has ever bestowed upon us fans, but this coming season will make Kotite, butt fumbles, fake spikes, Gase, Idzik, Brady over Sapp, O’Brien over Marino….. all of that will be nothing to the epic disaster that’s coming, and the decade of fallout from it. You thought the 2010’s were embarrassing, buckle up.

barfolomew, SOJAZ, mezzavo and 2 others like this.
  4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

If Woody was a hands-off owner who just let the HC and GM run the team, limiting himself to end of year performance reviews, then his complaints might make sense (though still really badly timed and frankly should only be said in private or in a press conference where you’re firing the old regime). But Woody isn’t a hands-off owner, he’s a meddler. Since he’s a meddler, he could have insisted the team acquire a decent backup- he didn’t. He doesn’t get to act like this is just a failure on the part of JD and Saleh.

Brook!, barfolomew, mezzavo and 4 others like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What's not true about it? He would fetch a 5? A 6? Who cares at that point. Saving a few million by getting rid of him is the win, not the draft pick compensation. Complaining over that comment ruining Zach's value is complaining just to complain. It is irrelevant.

Then you don't throw the FO under the bus or bring them back lol. You're back handing the regime in the face.

The comments he made yesterday show how ignorant Woody is, thinks he is saying something the fan base wants to hear and is too stupid to realize all the negative ramifications of what he's saying.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. The_Darksider

It's all irrelevant, except the fact that he stuck his nose in and took any leverage his GM might've had to even get something instead of just cutting the guy outright. That might've happened anyway, but that isn't the point.

I don't know you so I don't know if you play poker, but this is kind of like playing your hand and people think you have 89 suited but telling them you actually have 72 off suit. You can still win the hand, but you just made it much more difficult for yourself.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Agreed, but I'm also surprised the cancel culture police didn't burn his NJ mansion down for dumping on the NFL's first transgender QB.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. dawinner127

Yeah I get it but someone out there will still think they can fix this kid b/c they see the arm talent and measurables. Woodys comments aren't going to change that. These coaches are egomaniacs, they think they can all fix the next kid. The $5 million for a 7th is all we need. Who cares what the pick is. Zach Wilson will be in the league next year because he was traded. He isn't going to be cut.

9. dawinner127

Makes you think if Zach was the Russini/Athletic source. The team/FO burning him on the way, why would they care?

barfolomew likes this.
  10. The_Darksider

Agreed, but again, at the risk of repeating myself and beating it to death, this is just the wrong time to say this. This is more of a training camp speech. We better win, last year was bad, we didn't have a quarterback, blah blah blah blah blah.

Just seems kind of stupid and counterproductive in February.

11. dawinner127

Yeah I agree. Shows how dumb the owner is. Thinks he's giving the fans comments to be happy with and throwing them a bone when in reality it's the complete opposite lol. Just dumb, we can agree there.

barfolomew and The_Darksider like this.
  12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Neon green uniforms, red nose and clown shoes.

13. The_Darksider

Hammer, meet nail head.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Could be I suppose. The article did not paint him in a favorable light though. But Wilson is just dumb enough to provide fodder that makes him look bad

barfolomew likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Dear Woody: Take your "as mad as I've ever been" and multiply times 10. That might begin to give you an idea how mad Jets fans are at your complete mismanagement of this team. That's right your complete mismanagement. Do you think we're as stupid as you are that we believe for a second that all the problems don't come from you? Remember Woody, when you point the finger at someone else, you have three pointing back at you.

Want to fix the team? Sell it.

Signed,

Suffering for 60+ Seasons

jixxjr, barfolomew, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually believe that personnel guys around the league who may be considering taking a flyer on Zach are now going to be scared away because of what that nitwit says? "We think we may be able to work with Zach, but Woody Johnson doesn't like him so lets forget about that idea."

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

1000%

Like I said in another post somewhere…every time you think “OK, Woody can’t be THAT stupid, can he?” He opens up his mouth or starts to meddle and the only conclusion you can come to is “oh yeah…not only is he THAT stupid…he’s WORSE”

What a fucking complete imbecile…

barfolomew, REVISion, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  18. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I think you guys are drastically overblowing the Wilson part and not talking about the bigger issue he mentioned which was Rodgers.

You guys think his comments on Zach “kill his trade value” as if the entire league doesn’t already know that Zach is freaking terrible. They know. You’re not hiding anything. Hence the reason he’s going to be traded. To act like the jets were secretly pulling the wool over the eyes of the rest of the league with Zach but then the owners comments ruined it is stupid lol. It changed nothing.

The real takeaway from this is that he basically admitted he is allowing Rodgers to have more say and power in the organization than the head coach and gm. That is unreal. We all suspected that, but at the same time didn’t believe it was to any great degree. But Woody just flat out said that Rodgers not only has opinions about the offense, but how the entire team is built and how the organization should be run, AND that he is working on implementing them is unbelievable lol. You guys should be discussing that, not the Zach Wilson part.

barfolomew, Nyjets4eva and SOJAZ like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally true. The jets never were and still won't get squat for Wilson.
    I hope Woody saves his anger for Douglas and fires him on black Monday 2025.
    Douglas has totally wasted decent 1st round picks on Becton, Zach and McDonald.
    It is frankly refreshing for me to hear from Woody that Zach sucks, since he does. Salah and Douglas have crowing for three years about Zach's greatness.
    Saleh even said in late 2023 that Zach is going to have a long and successful NFL career. Yeah, right.

Even stupider was the McDonald selection. A number 15 pick spent on a part time edge rusher who was a healthy scratch early in the year on a team that already had truckloads of edge rushers. Dumb shit.

Throw in $100M Douglas wasted on Tomlinson, Uzomah, Brown, Cooks, and Lawson, and JOE must go.

I, for one, am damn glad Woody is finally putting Douglas and Saleh on notice, and sent a message that Doulas and Saleh foolishly drafted Zach, and kept him so damn long.
    Compare that to the super bowl 49ers, who flushed Lance quickly even though they forked out 3 number 1s for him.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. The_Darksider

Only football?