With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or his cousin... Ho Lee Fuk

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If Harrison, Alt or Nabers is off the board we need to try to trade back. Possibly pick up a 2nd or a first next year. Then take Bo Nix as the backup and have ARod groom him.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At this point I have to assume that either Joe Douglas doesn't believe in trading back from the first round or he just has nobody that trusts him in the league anymore. When has he ever made a significant trade back? From what I remember he only trades up on day 1 or 2.

joelip and ouchy like this.
  4. abyzmul

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't really have strong thoughts on Fuaga to be honest other than that it seems he's much more adept at run blocking than pass protection. If that's true, I really don't understand the infatuation. I consider pass protection to be significantly more important and I think it's the area our OL has struggled most at under JD by far.

mezzavo, ColoradoContrails and joelip like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He did trade back day 2 for the legendary Denzel Mims. But that was his first draft so maybe his reputation has since evolved

joelip and abyzmul like this.
  7. REVISion

For what it's worth, Fuaga's arm length at the senior bowl was measured at 33 3/8. Not great but not exactly a death sentence either.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t get you guys. You been beating the drums that JD needs to absolutely get a OL with the first pick and go after Fuaga if first two guys are gone, and now that Cimini puts in his two cents is all of the sudden a concern if he picks him with the tenth pick, is a concern if we trade back because of JD not trading back history, is a concern because we don trust JD if it goes after Fuaga because he is much better against the run, etc etc. All I know we where shit against the run and pass both, and major improvement is needed in both areas. If the top two guys are gone who do you target if you trade down then? There is no other OL that can move in a start LT on day one, so we probably need to get one in free agency, but we still need a shit load of OL help and Fuaga seems to be a top candidate from all I read. So he is damned if he gets one and damned if he doesn’t. Sounds familiar.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well if Douglas didn't draft so many busts he might get the benefit of the doubt

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Here is Fuaga going against some to consider the best pass rusher in this class.

https://x.com/pff_college/status/1752369478896103808?s=46&t=tfciTEyRmI9lJN1066fHFw

Here is Latu going against Jordan Morgan who is a late 1s round T

REVISion likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well I mean it seems like the fan base doesn’t exactly trust what Douglas is going to do which leads to the wishy washy nature of the opinions.
    If we take Fuaga, he’s once again telegraphed his decision months before the draft.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  12. abyzmul

It could also be a ham-handed smokescreen.

13. REVISion

Not related to the 10th pick but this is interesting if we target a WR in the subsequent rounds:

[​IMG]

14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm glad that, if this is true, he's looking at OL in the first round, but at the same time, I have absolutely no faith in him to be able to identify the right OL when it comes time for our pick. He has definitely lost the benefit of the doubt when it comes to player evaluation, and I don't think he can get it back anytime soon.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think any of these guys will be there when we pick in the 3rd though. I am in love with AD Mitchell man.

16. REVISion

Yeah was thinking more if we somehow get a 2nd rounder.

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m not too happy with the OL results but this fan base is so wishy washy by is sad. If he picks the one everyone wants, he telegraphs it, if he selects someone else like McDonald out of thin air he is just stupid, even though he is far from a bust. He will be another JJ type next year. Got it.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And if he doesn’t pick him when if is there he will be crucified….so there is that. Everyone in the business knows we are going after OL so there is zero mystery that can to be protected, no one will buy it. I hope he trades down, but even if he does, I’m sure we will have plenty of bitching.