Let the offseason hype train begin (Saleh and JD)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Jan 24, 2024.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I can’t stand the attitude of these 2 acting like everything was great with the exception of Rodgers going down.

REVISion likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The best thing Jets fans can do at this point is to put the Jets on "Ignore" until Woody relinquishes any control in it. He's old, so he ought to do his heirs a favor and sell the team, or at least sell a controlling interest in it. If he does the latter, he can still call himself an owner, and reap huge, undeserved profit.

At the very minimum, Jets fans ought to ignore this team until Douglas and Saleh & CS are gone.

Forget Rodgers saving this team. Forget 2024 altogether. These guys could be gifted the Ravens roster and still fuck it up. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating in the least. Whole new franchises have been born and become successful while the Jets continue to flounder as losers.

If you need to have a reason to watch football this year (or the foreseeable future), adopt another team that will reward your investment. It's not treason to leave a team that has never done a thing for you. If and when they ever change and truly work hard at becoming a winning franchise first and foremost over profits and owner ego, then return if you want, but by then you might well have found that rooting for your new team is much more enjoyable.

Or, continue supporting this black hole of fan support. Maybe some day, years from now, you'll be able to say "See? I told you so! They were bound to win sooner or later". Or maybe that's just your insanity talking.

JohnnyJet, mezzavo and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to say they don't even believe it, it's just what they've convinced themselves of because it's the stance that paints them in the best possible light. Everything is about self preservation.

Another part of me thinks they really are stupid enough to believe that everything was fine other than the Rodgers injury.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Meh. Both are dead man walking. Rodgers will be hurt again and another 6-11 season and they are gone.

6. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Keeping Saleh and, especially, Douglas are the two worst decisions that Woody has made during his time here. It's not even close.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's the problem.

Next year, I highly doubt there will be this type of quality In coaches to be had, like there Is this off-season. The one time Woody decides to put continuity at the forefront for this team, Is one of the truly absolute worst times to do It. Nobody could possibly write this shit.. It's truly magical. In the absolute worst ways possible.

Woody Is an absolute Idiot when It comes to football.

10. jets_fan

Tom Brady couldn't save this team with Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick overseeing the the offense and defense respectively.

Saleh and Douglas being lame ducks means that no free agent worth his salt is coming here. Rodgers can get out there and beg these players until he's blue in the face, but they're not coming. Saleh and company got a pass in 2022 because the team overachieved early in spite of shitty QB play, but it eventually caught up with them, and then they were able to sell the lie that this team was only a QB away. Hell, they even convinced Rodgers. But that idea was exposed as the absolute fraud that it was this season, so nobody's going to buy this BS that Rodgers alone can fix it. We'll go through four QBs again next year because the O-line will once again get at least two of them seriously injured and Douglas will sit there twiddling his thumbs while Rome burns once again.

The only reason to watch next year is to see what the spark ultimately is that lights the powder keg on the season. Does he go down in Week 1 again? Do we get teased a little first with some awesome play before the rug's pulled out. There won't even be any fun next year if they're in a playoff race because everyone will spend enough time waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under the fan base yet again that it'll be difficult to get any enjoyment out of even a somewhat decent season.

ColoradoContrails and mezzavo like this.
  11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

We're rooting for Charlie Brown to kick the winning field goal with Saleh holding ball and Douglas at center.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This right here. I don't know many Jets fans, personally, but the small handful I do know don't enjoy football. It's like my wife tells me, "you are angry at the team before the game even starts. Why do you bother if you don't get any enjoyment out of it."

She's right, of course. I'm yelling at the screen, saying sarcastic things and all around just being angry. Usually, this team does not disappoint either. Most of their wins are like pulling teeth and the losses are so bad that I want to stick my head in a hole. When people ask me who I root for I nearly always answer, "unfortunately, I'm a Jets fan." That usually is followed by either an "I'm sorry" or utter laughter. Considering where I live, half of those people are Raiders fans. Do you know how humiliating it is to have a Raiders fan laugh at you? Let's face it, their team is usually a debacle as well but nothing like the grinding shit show that the Jets are. Hell, now Detroit fans are laughing their asses off!! The only hope I have is running across Carolina fans which are very far and few between. The difference is, at the the very least they have had "some" success in the last decade. Not the Jets.

Best set of head coaching prospects in YEARS and this team can even fuck that up. Let's face it, there's no way on god's green earth Belichick or Carroll would come here but I'd take Vrabel in a NY minute and we didn't even kick the tires on Harbaugh, not that he would be stupid enough to come here, but this team didn't even sniff. Why? Because the Jets are way too busy being the league morons. I don't know folks, personally, I'd tell the entire fucking unit to stay home from the draft because IT-IS-NOT-GOING-TO-MATTER. Not one bit. Nothing these fucks do, in this upcoming draft, is going to matter nor amount to more than a hole in the salary cap.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Exactly, enough, is enough. Win and I'll stop sending love notes to woody....:D

Cman68, ColoradoContrails and mezzavo like this.
  14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas is a legit joke- can't believe this guy is an NFL GM

Cman68 and mezzavo like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

im real sick of that fat fuck. Win or shut up

SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  16. jets_fan

I say exactly the same thing whenever I'm asked that question as well. :D

There is a small part of me that misses the Gase years. And by that, I mean, having a team that I know is piss poor and has no expectations. I just watched those years (and the couple preceding them) for the comedy. I laughed at the games and had a good time with the Jets being the Jets. The problem is once this team does it's usual thing of giving you enough of a glimpse of quasi-competence to suck you in and get you believing that the corner might be in the process of being turned. I remember watching the Vikings game last year, which was about the first time that I really thought that, maybe, with Mike White, this team could do something, building on the promising first half of the year. It was the first time that I really had an expectations for them, and I found myself getting upset with them in the second half and realizing that it had been several years since I'd watched a game where it felt like something was on the line and, of course, we all know what happened in that game and then what happened the rest of this season.

This franchise will always be, at their absolute very best, a tease. There's no pot of gold at the end of the Jets' rainbow. It's just a massive turd for which you'll either have to shell out $300 for Sunday Ticket or whatever the PSLs cost these days for.

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup exactly

Does ANYONE doubt that someone like Jim Harbaugh wouldn’t have this team competitive inside of 3 years?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Maybe we've been cursed ever since we replaced Carroll with Kotite, and re-hiring Carroll all these years later would break the curse.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

3 years?

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets have a chance to be very good next year IF they can fix the o-line and add a few more weapons in the passing game for Rodgers, IF Rodgers and the defense can stay healthy and the biggest IF of them all Rodgers has enough gas left in his tank to take this team far.

Right now it's the great unknown.

The division is wide open Buffalo will be favored to win it as they should be but I don't see Buffalo as the type of obstacle New England was for all those years. My brother told me yesterday there's talk Andy Reid might retire.

That would open up the conference even more.

If Baltimore wins it all they could become the type of obstacle Denver was for the 1998 Jets but that's a long ways away.

It's a lots of IFS but the potential is there for the Jets to be one of the teams playing deep into January if they make the right decisions this offseason and they get some breaks.

mezzavo likes this.