With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed 100%. I also think you take Olu b/c he is a beast at pass pro and the entire objective is to keep AR alive.

CR has always had Fuaga at #3. I was just saying that the gap between those two isn't as big as everyone in the national media is saying when you watch the tape. All we keep hearing is about the 2 big tackles, but the gap between #2 and #3 is way closer than the gap between Alt and Olu. Trevor was the one who kind of backed DJ with the Fuaga > Olu take I think?

On a side note. It really is a terrific pod and those two guys do a banging job and are so knowledgeable when it comes to the prospects and info they give you. I love the "fix X team" pods they release.

REVISion likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah Fautanu would be a great guy to grab if we traded down and picked up a 2nd or something. I think he can play RT and move inside if we needed to do so.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If they bring back Tomlinson in 2024 to play LG, at any price, then Douglas should be fired ASAP. He's been one of the worst LG in the NFL TWO years in a row, and he's not getting younger.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that, there is definitely something to be said about terrible OLine coaching we have. GVR and even CMD are examples of that. However Moses and Fant played really well when they were here. Fant was a starter at LT and looked at least average to above average. Moses did great at RT.

The problem was that JD let Moses go, and then Fant had a really bad season when he was hurt, and JD dumped him instead of another much older guy who sucked and was hurt in Brown. So to me, both finding and also losing good players in Fant and Moses (we only got 1 good year out of them so there is a lot more negative than positive here) is on JD more so than coaching.

REVISion likes this.
  5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

At 10 any offensive linemen will do.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Amazingly enough if we lost one extra meaningless game, we would be at #6 and would be in position to get Alt. It appears 1st three picks will be QBs, and then there are 3 players with high floor and high ceiling: Harrison, Nabers, and Alt. After that there appears to be a drop off. So one extra loss and #6 would all but guarantee a start player. Instead we relay on JD to make the right pick.

However, even at #10 there is still a possibility to come out with Fashanu, who at this point would be my favorite and hopefully somewhat realistic pick at OL. Though frankly not sure how realistic it is, but at least as of now I keep hope alive.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

10 is a fine pick. We can't be in the top 5 every year. If JD can't nail a starter at 10 he needs to get shitcanned.

dmw, BrowningNagle, Borat and 3 others like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He needs to be anyway. He can't count on the other GMs gifting him opportunities to draft can't miss, no-brainer prospects each time out.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The team always puts themselves in the worst possible position...it's what they do. Not that it matters. I get the discussion, I really do. I mean, it's not as if the team could skip the draft.........or can they???? I feel it's a complete waste of time, money and space for this team to attend the draft and shatter some poor young man's dreams. I mean, seriously, has anyone ever considered that this team is simply someplace they do not want to come? Especially players on the offensive side of the ball. They know coming to the Jets is a MAJOR setback in their NFL career.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Imo, just analyzing the players in a vacuum, Fuaga is probably a better all around player than Olu imo. It’s just that Olu plays left and they are harder to find is the reason he’s ranked higher. I would honestly like to see if some of these guys like Fuaga, Mims and Latham could play left, because they seem to have the feet (with the exception of maybe Latham, not sure). But when I look at Fuaga, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to play left.

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I want to add to this. I'm thinking it's more of a possibility than I originally thought just b/c so many are saying he's a generational player. I have no expertise, but just listen to other experts. So take my opinion for what it's worth - nothing.

KingRoach likes this.
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm of the school "if you don't have a QB, you should draft one." A 40 year old (who will be 41 for most of next year) coming off an achilles tendon tear doesn't qualify as "having a QB." He's more of a 1 year rental, 2 tops. This is a very rich QB class and if a guy like Michael Penix Jr. should fall to the Jets at #10, they should grab him. I understand the draw of an OL, but there is potentially more value to be had by going QB here if one of the top ones are available.

mezzavo likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They should draft this kid out of Korea

Win Sum Soon

stinkyB and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I typically feel that way as well…HOWEVER…after seeing Penix play in the championship game only, I want no part of him.

Granted, I have no basis other than watching this one game, but i saw SO many red flags with him that I 100% believe that there is no way in God’s green earth that we would have any chance of developing him. His mechanics were shit…so many back foot throws, some sidearm weird motion, inaccurate on deep balls…just looked even worse than Zach looked to me.

Honestly, I wouldn’t draft him in the third round, let alone the first…he will not translate to the NFL in my opinion.

So unless this one game was a HUGE outlier, I just don’t think he’s an NFL QB.

HomeoftheJets, westiedog1 and Borat like this.
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Okay, respect your opinion. He was going against the No. 1 team in Michigan. I'm not sure if any of the top QBs in the draft would have done much better against that team. I saw him play against Oregon and Washington State and he looked impressive to me. He put up some big passing numbers both as a Jr and Sr and seems to be mobile enough to make plays. Granted he's not among the top rated QBs which will surely be gone by the time the Jets draft, however, I think he's worthy of the #10 pick and it must be remembered he'll probably sit, at least for the 1st year, assuming Rodgers is healthy. Plus, as history has shown, not all the top rated QBs find success immediately.

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah. I hear you…like I said, I’ve only seen that one game…haven’t watched any of his other games so I am by no means an expert here…but honestly I highly doubt we’d use the 10th overall on a QB…I think JD is going OL all the way…there should be one there when we pick that would work.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

I saw a thing today, an Ohio State player has won rookie of the year (offense or defense) every year for something like 10 years straight and it will likely continue if/when CJ Stroud wins it this year

So obviously I’d be looking to draft an Ohio state player if I was GM

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Easily verifiably false. 2021 was Micah Parsons and Jamarr Chase. 2018 was Shaq Leonard and Saquon. 2015 was Marcus Peters and Todd Gurley.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

Hm there was some misinformation. The meme had a list, I guess they left out those 2 years

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude...

BrowningNagle and Borat like this.