If NE wins another Super Bowl this year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I forgot about Mickens. Fuck him too.

2. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

See, this is the type of post that I can respect. Hate away, but at least have respect for what we've been able to accomplish in the salary cap era.

NYJunc, I tip my hat to you. You always present a good case, and give props when deserved. As an opposing fan, that is all I can ask for.

3. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

Seriously... Talk about stuff that can put a damper on the offseason. That would kill me.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Testaverde? Wow. How does a Jets fan get excited over Testaverde getting a ring with the Patriots?
    Were you also happy when Keyshawn Johnson got a ring with Tampa Bay?

Mickens, Green, Smith? Those types of guys? That's fine.

But, Testaverde? C'mon now. This guy claimed to be a Jets fan while growing up on Long Island. His disgusting interception late in the December 2001 game vs the Patriots was the difference between the Patriots winning the division and the Jets winning the division that season. That pick was a pivotal play in the Patriots first Super Bowl championship season.

What was that kneeling down crap Testaverde and Belichick pulled on January 7th? What was the point of that other than sticking it to the Jets organization?
    I don't wish injury on anybody, but I'm going to make an exception. Let me see Tom Brady go down with an injury for just a series or two on Sunday. You know, an injury that Brady can come back from and play later in the game.
    I would be interested in seeing who comes into play QB for New England.
    Does Testaverde come into the game? I mean, after all, he "relieved" Brady in the Wild Card Game.
    Or do we see the actual backup, Matt Cassel?

If anybody is going to kneel down on the final play on 1/7, it would seem to me the choices are Brady and...and...and...well, just him. If you want to stretch it maybe you could make a case for Cassell to run out onto the field to kneel down one time. Belichick holds a grudge against the Jets and Testaverde "playing" in the Wild Card Game was just one more jab at the Jets.

What Testaverde is thinking about I'll never know. He hasn't contributed to the Patriots in any real way. (Cue the Patriots fans who will say Testaverde has been tutoring Brady these past few weeks.) The ring would be hollow.

I also can't get over the fact that there are Jets fans on this board who want Testaverde to retire as a Jet later this year even if he wins a ring with the Patriots.

#84 Cakes, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

They have a great organization and have put together a great team. It's just that I can't stand the head coach. He should have led the Jets to championships. He is an underhanded weasel -- but brilliant. An evil genius. Jealous? Hell, yeah. But it's only a matter of time before Mangini puts him in his place. You know, like Luke Skywalker. Et tu, Eric?

6. bergh22

bergh22 New Member

Ohhhhh man, that would really suck. Even more of a reason from them to lose this weekend.

7. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

The Pats have won 8 out of their last 9 games with wins over the AFC #1 seed and the NFC #1 seed, other then that they haven't looked that good.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

...when the Pat's bashing gets going the 'jealous' word gets thrown out there. Well, damn straight I'm jealous. I'm jealous as hell that every fluky, lucky play always goes their way. A luckier team in all of sports I've never seen.

I'm not in any way saying they don't have a great coach/QB and system that they always seem to find players to play well in it. Having said that, if anybody truly believes that the 4th down play where Brady gets picked off and the guy fumbles it right back after getting getting stripped by a WR that doubles as a DB and they get a first down AND pick up crucial yards as a bonus wasn't anything more than pure luck...

9. JetRhodes84

JetRhodes84 New Member

This thread makes me wanna puke, I can't stand B&B

10. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I hate the Pats, however we can keep bashing them. Every year they arent as strong, every year the NFC has a better team, every year they'll never get out of the AFC. Well, every year they do and what else can you say but that is an achievement. They are a dynasty and I hate them, however I think Brady is the best qb in football bar none and Belly is a great coach.(I feel sick now)

I dont want NE to win(I never want them to win) however I will never count them out, I learned a long time ago not to do that. They are the same as the Yankees in the late 90,s 2000 they are a dynasty. I hate them but I cant count them out, not for a while.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes I was happy for Key. I liked Key, I liked Vinny, I liked Mickens so if they win it I will feel good for them. It won't make a difference to me but i'll be happy for them. vinny led us to w/in 30 mins of the SB and he outplayed Elway that day but his teammates fumbled the game away. i will always have good memories of vinny.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I to will be happy for VT as he paid his dues especially with TB in the early years. Since he will retire as a NYJ he will have one more ring then pretty boy Danny.

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Does that mean they will be starting the game with a few points on the scoreboard based on the previous performances?

As for the game, I except the Pats to win, but wouldn't be surprised if the Colts pulled off the upset. No matter what the "line" says, if the Colts win it will be an upset.

14. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

saints and bears fan...

15. Vin

Vin Banned

OR.......Vineteri with the Kick....It's high enough....LOnG EnOuGh......NO GOOD!!!

*camera pans to Manning* Manning : "He missed it...." :rofl:

that could ALSO happen. Remember that the Patsies seem to have a Horseshoe lodged up their butt....

16. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I really think that if the above scenario actually happened this would the first time in my life that I would not watch the Super Bowl

17. Vin

Vin Banned

I wouldn't touch mickens with a [insert size here] pole. lol. :grin:

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I liked Johnson when he was with the Jets and after Gruden fired him. I did not like him while he played for the Buccaneers.

I am very surprised you support Testaverde. He had one great year with the Jets. The rest of his Jets days were mediocre and bad.

You are supporting mediocrity.

I'd like to read your take on Testaverde "playing" in the Wild Card Game.
    I'd also like to read your take on Testaverde signing with the Patriots to get a hollow ring.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am surprised you support the guy. He didn't bring a Super Bowl championship to Hempstead and aside from one season with the NYJ, he was a middling quarterback.

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

um, not always. i do not understand how he can acknoledge how good brady is in one statement, and then say that penny can win a super bowl in another.
    brady throws passes that penny can only dream about.

as the the pats, you are exactly what your record says you are. have to give props where due.:wink: